User Tag List

First 23456 Last

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    This is all I can find: (http://www.enneagram.net/tritype.html)

Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any tritype descriptions for type 9.
    Here you go- http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...-tritypes.html

That tritype vid has been offered to me a few times now but I refuse to watch an hour of people talking. Isn't there a transcript of it somewhere or something?

MBTI
    IxFP

Any 4-5-8 here???

I'm leaning towards this type for me.... 468 could be too.

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

Banned
    MBTI
    me

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Here you go- http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...-tritypes.html

That tritype vid has been offered to me a few times now but I refuse to watch an hour of people talking. Isn't there a transcript of it somewhere or something?
    I hope so. (I demand as a fellow introvert who would rather read and get to the main points than sit through talking).

Banned
    MBTI
    me

I'm not sure whether the concern is whether they are 'real'/'true' or not... they are all arbitrary labels. Just like trying to 'prove' cognitive functions is a waste of time because they are also arbitrary labels. The important question then, is not whether tritype is real, but whether it's meaningful.

I agree with the previous poster who said that if you expand the boundaries between things too much, things lose their significance, mainly because they lose specificity. And the more specific something is, the more we can assess whether it's right or wrong (i.e. we can identity ourselves as a type with some assurance), merely because there's a much greater margin of error. If a system is too broad, too all encompassing, basically there's something for everyone, and it loses it's meaning. A lot of bogus personality stuff is just cold reading and really vague.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm a 792 and i totally relate to parts of the 7 video and parts of the nine video that i watched...i haven't watched the two video yet and honestly know nothing about them...except they're supposedly helpful...or something. i really think knowing the tritype helps to make sense of all of it...i think it's cool how you can see the differences in others of your same dom type.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Greetings.

I take a different view of trifix than the fauvres do. Rather than model it as a linear shift from one fixation to another under stress, I think that the the drive and perspective of the main fixation is augmented by the other fixes in specific ways.

btw...If you are ever seeking to change somebody's mind about trifix, first get them to accept they have all 3 centers of intelligence. That's usually easier for people to grasp. Once they accept that, it's an easier leap for them to accept that each center favors one fixation...with one center dominant.

I listened to parts of the video and noticed all they were doing was sharing their experiences and justifying it with tritypes...hmmm...they didn't even explain any logic between these things other than to give details about how they feel they differ...

Am I missing some bigger point here?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    Greetings.

I take a different view of trifix than the fauvres do. Rather than model it as a linear shift from one fixation to another under stress, I think that the the drive and perspective of the main fixation is augmented by the other fixes in specific ways.

btw...If you are ever seeking to change somebody's mind about trifix, first get them to accept they have all 3 centers of intelligence. That's usually easier for people to grasp. Once they accept that, it's an easier leap for them to accept that each center favors one fixation...with one center dominant.
    I don't think they're saying that. I think that they're saying that everyone thinks, feels and acts on instinct/intuition and that some people think more, others feel more and others function more at a visceral level. it's sort of like how with MBTI an ENTJ has a stronger Te preference than Ni, but he uses both, even when not under stress.
    I also agree with your theory though.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

it's sort of like how with MBTI an ENTJ has a stronger Te preference than Ni, but he uses both, even when not under stress.

I don't think that quite gets it...

according to their view...trifix is an expression of your main fix breaking down...

"would mean you predominantly use Type 4, however, if the 4 strategies don?t work you will next use the strategies of Type 6 and then Type 8."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    641 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Default "Tritype may be real after all"

mmm...no...actually tritype may not be real.