User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    IxFP

I'm split up between 469, 468 and 479.
    I think if I am a 4 is more possible the 469 or 479.
    But in the other hand I have very sixish traits. In that case is much more possible the 468 because adds an intensity in 6 that makes it look like a 4.
    I don't know
    I buy all of this tritype stuff, explains a lot of things.

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

3,6,9 damn she fine hopin she can sock it to me one mo time. Get low, Get low
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

True or not, it's still convoluted. I would trash it just for appearing ugly. As if wings and instinctuals weren't bad enough.

Seriously though, I guess it goes against how I look at typology in the first place. As just an outline of preferences. The Enneagram seems to want to take every facet of personality into account. It inadvertently diminishes the concept of individuality more than other systems do. And I guess some people are afraid of that. They want everything to be catalogued. Else it's chaos! You can't conveniently understand the world then. omg

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    True or not, it's still convoluted. I would trash it just for appearing ugly. As if wings and instinctuals weren't bad enough.

Seriously though, I guess it goes against how I look at typology in the first place. As just an outline of preferences. The Enneagram seems to want to take every facet of personality into account. It inadvertently diminishes the concept of individuality more than other systems do. And I guess some people are afraid of that. They want everything to be catalogued. Else it's chaos! You can't conveniently understand the world then. omg
    lol true.

"I'm a sp/sx 5w6-9w1-2w3 at Level 6 whom has currently integrated to 8 but disintegrated to 7 just a few days prior."
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Yeah, it seems to lose all meaning when it gets this convoluted.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

For me, the tritype makes more sense than the wings. I don't really have wings, my strongest three are 9-7-2, in that order.

Anyone know a good place to find descriptions of each tritype? I know what mine is, yet have never read about it. :/

I found one link, but you have to take the test first. I'm too impatient for that, I just wanna get straight to the descriptions!!

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    For me, the tritype makes more sense than the wings. I don't really have wings, my strongest three are 9-7-2, in that order.

Anyone know a good place to find descriptions of each tritype? I know what mine is, yet have never read about it. :/

I found one link, but you have to take the test first. I'm too impatient for that, I just wanna get straight to the descriptions!!
    This is all I can find: (http://www.enneagram.net/tritype.html)

Another example would be a 9-7-2. This would be the Type 9 with a very rosy and positive outlook desiring easygoing relationships.
    Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any tritype descriptions for type 9.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Making a decision based on a presentation by those with a vested interest in something is clearly a good idea.

That thing looks almost as reasonable as a late-night infomercial.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Making a decision based on a presentation by those with a vested interest in something is clearly a good idea.
    Actually, I've been claiming 9-7-2 since before I knew tritypes existed. I mentioned it in another thread, and someone told me it sounded like a tritype, and I was like wth is that? I still haven't read the description of mine, all I know is that those are the three I test highest in.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Tritype is always real in the sense that we are all a collection of all 9 types with a certain distribution.

What' really interesting is what this implies for other systems like MBTI. Yes you are born a certain type, but you CAN develop your other functions. And you do. The more conscious you are of your resistance to SiTe as an ENFP (just as an example) the more you begin to understand it's place in your life and in that of the rest of the world for that matter.