• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New Enneagram Test

Plush Cat

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Hello,

I have created a

New Enneagram Test!

on HelloQuizzy.

This test has already been through a lot of improvement but I'm sure it can take some more. So feedback is still welcome.:)

In a poll I have seen that most people think they're type 4w5 - which is probably not true. So if you get another result than 4(w5), it could, but might also not be the test's fault. ;) But I will definitely look into complaints. :wink:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Wow, that was a long test. And wow, yet another new type for me! Every test gives me a new wonder! Before I got already types 4, 5, 6 and 9, this time:

Enneagram Type 1 - The Moralist

"Ones idealize a moral purity that both transcends reality and is the foundation of it. They see the world through their perceptual filter of how things could be improved, the ideal as opposed to the real, which leads to a constant dissatisfaction with reality. They are eternally frustrated with all the flaws around them and with their eye for improvement feel it is their mission to fix them. They take pride in not wavering in their convictions no matter how unpopular and in resolutely pointing out the right way everybody ought to abide by. When everyone adheres to the same rules/ideals/principles there is fairness and order...and when people break the rules ones truly resent that. "You can't do that because if everyone did what you did..." is a common type one stream of consciousness."

Your scores are:

59% 1, 41% 2, 28% 3, 38% 4, 31% 5, 41% 6, 21% 7, 28% 8 and 45% 9!

For the reason of not knowing my type, I can not judge the accuracy of the test. I have a doubt to the whole enneagram thing though more and more.

B

brainheart

You scored 41% 1, 41% 2, 28% 3, 66% 4, 76% 5, 52% 6, 14% 7, 55% 8 and 48% 9!

This is what I got the second time I took it. (other results on percafe)

I have to admit, though, there was some hello quizzy bar covering a few of the questions both times I took it so I didn't answer them. They were probably the secret stash four questions which only true fours see or something...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"47 Be honest, can you be too proud to admit that things are not going well?"

Oh, the pressure! Be honest, don't you think the way this question was worded might bias some test-takers toward over-responding?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The result I got compares well with other similar tests.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
34% 1, 34% 2, 34% 3, 34% 4, 34% 5, 34% 6, 34% 7, 34% 8 and 34% 9!
i am perfectly balanced, you see. none of your questions were able to draw me in!
it says, i am type 1. i would say: transcendentally so!

Jaguar

Enneagram Type 8 - The Challenger

You scored 76% on 8.

Strange questions such as: Do you have emotions?
Come on, now. Get serious. Lol.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneagram Type 5 - The Observer

You scored 79% on 5

"Fives are intellectually curious types who love to explore what interests them. They frequently indulge in spending lots of time with what's impractical. While they put lots of effort into thinking about things they have deceptively strong feelings however. They state their points dispassionately and insure what they communicate is well thought out which make them seem less emotional than they really are.

Fives take it for granted they have an inherent ability to theorize and understand things more deeply than others, something they'd never say openly. They are never quite "fully there" in their physical presence however. Their sensitivity to emotional stimuli plus a lack of smoothness from their less developed instincts always makes them removed to some degree to better handle situations. They withdraw from their environment and detach emotionally from others to shut out intrusions in their time and space. From the safety of their minds they can intensify their investment in their mental activities. They feel planning sufficiently and knowing enough can enable them to survive and thrive in life despite being isolated. This overuse of their thinking center to navigate an intrusive world from a distance causes them to be both idiosyncratic in how they perceive reality and eccentric as others perceive them. This causes fives to exhibit a certain quirky cleverness."

You scored 48% 1, 28% 2, 21% 3, 69% 4, 79% 5, 55% 6, 21% 7, 34% 8 and 55% 9!

---------

The 4 questions were off the mark, IMO. The focus for the 4 should be determining if someone feels shame & defectiveness, not if they like relationship drama. I always score 5 on tests which overemphasize drama for 4s.

Noon

55% 6
52% 9
48% 5

Usually I test as 4, 6, 9 in that order.
So I guess it's generally equal with all tests, except for maybe the 4 questions.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your result for Enneagram Test - Your Personality - (Beta Version) ...

Enneagram Type 9 - The Peacemaker
You scored 76% on 9​

"Nines are the most patient and tolerant types in the enneagram. They have an innate belief that other people are similar to them underneath in a way they can't explain that makes them anything but megalomanic. They are truly accepting of peoples' faults and are biased to give others the benefit of the doubt. They are good listeners and one can talk to them about almost anything. They are able to see where others are coming from and can genuinely sympathize with what it feels like to not be listened to. They can make people feel good about even the deepest gloom.They are easygoing and low-maintainence. They enjoy relaxing and letting their minds wander. They like immersing themselves in their hobbies and are often drawn to the outdoors. They don't impose their preferences and aren't sticklers over little things. They don't need for things to be spelled out. They are good-natured and unflappable. They have the ability to stay hopeful as well as level-headed and calm during a real crisis. Whether they are anxious, fustrated, angry, excited, or enthused, they show less than most people and appear stable no matter what.They see being united and coming together in a positive light. They believe in "flow", whether it's going with the flow, idealizing a reality or philosophy that has flow, synchronizing themselves with the ebbs and flows of life, or being attracted to what naturally flows. They have a knack for waiting for the right time when things to come to them instead of them forcing the action. They have just enough of a positive outlook to favor letting things work out on their own but are anything but full of themselves. They have a good balance between being competitive and someone to simply hang with. All in all nines tend to be likeable."

You scored 69% on 5, higher than 70% of your peers.
You scored 69% on 6, higher than 56% of your peers.
You scored 59% on 1, higher than 54% of your peers.
You scored 59% on 2, higher than 68% of your peers.
You scored 55% on 3, higher than 61% of your peers.
You scored 52% on 4, higher than 37% of your peers.
You scored 41% on 7, higher than 35% of your peers.
You scored 41% on 8, higher than 29% of your peers.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
You scored 38% 1, 28% 2, 62% 3, 38% 4, 76% 5, 59% 6, 59% 7, 45% 8 and 45% 9!

I'm pretty sure I'm a 6w5 though. I could be wrong, stranger things have happened.

G

Glycerine

You scored 62% 1, 52% 2, 48% 3, 52% 4, 55% 5, 69% 6, 52% 7, 55% 8 and 62% 9!

I really disliked the questions with "at all costs" and "do you have emotions?" Many of the questions seemed biased. I am not a 6....

93JC

Too many "Do you _________ and ________ AND __________?" questions.

And question 29 makes no sense whatsoever. "When under extreme stress, do you passively bum around on a sofa or exessively start working on another activity?" How the hell are you supposed to answer 'Yes', 'sometimes' or 'no' to a question with 'or' in it?!

I scored high on all of them, 6 was highest. No idea what that means.

Beorn

Permabanned
Your result for Enneagram Test - Your Personality - (Beta Version) ...
Enneagram Type 2 - The Helper
You scored 76% on 2 higher than 98% of your peers.

"Twos are about love and other people and especially pride. Specifically twos are kind and gentle feeling types who take pride in being considerate of others to feel worthy of being loved themselves. They take pride in seeing people as people. They like people and want to feel closer to them. They take pride in recognizing the importance of others...the "I"..."you"...and "me". They are receptive and responsive. They have strong empathetic feelings and take pride in being sensitive and compassionate towards others. They are attuned to what others might need. This can include people they hardly know or even in an abstract capacity."

Your scores are:

59% 1, 76% 2, 48% 3, 45% 4, 55% 5, 62% 6, 38% 7, 48% 8 and 66% 9

B

brainheart

The 4 questions were off the mark, IMO. The focus for the 4 should be determining if someone feels shame & defectiveness, not if they like relationship drama. I always score 5 on tests which overemphasize drama for 4s.

Likewise.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneagram Type 4 - The Individualist

You scored 83% on 4

"Fours are image types who primarily identify with their feelings. They are moody and self-absorbed as well as very sensitive. They are disdainful, hostile even, towards being "normal" or "common". On the deepest of levels they are "different from others" and "true to themselves" and therefore significant, special, and unique. They are honest with themselves about how feelings are central to their lives and unlike twos and threes appear to wear their shame and vulnerability on their sleeve. Whether warranted or not fours attach subjective significance to their feelings from which they strive to create an identity embedded with their own stylistic signature that is their "personal statement" of who they are."

You scored:
69% 1,
52% 2,
66% 3,
83% 4,
59% 5,
79% 6,
59% 7,
79% 8
and 79% 9!

S

Sniffles

Enneagram Type 1 - The Moralist

You scored 83% on 1

"Ones idealize a moral purity that both transcends reality and is the foundation of it. They see the world through their perceptual filter of how things could be improved, the ideal as opposed to the real, which leads to a constant dissatisfaction with reality. They are eternally frustrated with all the flaws around them and with their eye for improvement feel it is their mission to fix them. They take pride in not wavering in their convictions no matter how unpopular and in resolutely pointing out the right way everybody ought to abide by. When everyone adheres to the same rules/ideals/principles there is fairness and order...and when people break the rules ones truly resent that. "You can't do that because if everyone did what you did..." is a common type one stream of consciousness."

http://typewatchenneagram.blogspot.com/2011/06/typewatch-enneagram-type-descriptions.html

Your scores are:

83% 1, 76% 2, 62% 3, 79% 4, 83% 5, 76% 6, 59% 7, 62% 8 and 76% 9!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I take back what I said before. My type 4 wasn't as high as it usually is.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It said I got 90% for 6. I am really, really not a 6. I'm some combination of 7 and 8.

There are some questions that are fuzzy and not necessarily type-related, like asking if you have emotions (a mature/healthy version of any type would answer yes to this), if you're loyal to your friends (has more to do with personal values than with type), the various ways you behave when stressed. Stress makes a personality squirt out in all sorts of unexpected and irrational ways that won't always make sense with your enneagram.

Agreed that too many of the questions are two-parters. You can't really stick a disclaimer of "only agree to a question if you can relate to ALL PARTS of it" and expect people to not give conflicted responses when they relate strongly to one part of the question but not the other. Think about the question you actually want to ask and then simplify in such a way that you are clearly and directly asking only one thing. Resist the urge to clarify what you mean in the questions because you're causing a bias that could tamper with test results. Formulate clear questions and let them stand.

I would be interested in seeing a breakdown of the questions and which question is supposed to indicate which type. I think you may have some faulty ideas of how the types express themselves or problems with intending the question(s) to indicate one type when it actually sounds like another.