User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Ginkgo

Enneagram Type 5 - The Observer
    You scored 86% on 5

"Fives are intellectually curious types who love to explore what interests them. They frequently indulge in spending lots of time with what's impractical. While they put lots of effort into thinking about things they have deceptively strong feelings however. They state their points dispassionately and insure what they communicate is well thought out which make them seem less emotional than they really are.

Fives take it for granted they have an inherent ability to theorize and understand things more deeply than others, something they'd never say openly. They are never quite "fully there" in their physical presence however. Their sensitivity to emotional stimuli plus a lack of smoothness from their less developed instincts always makes them removed to some degree to better handle situations. They withdraw from their environment and detach emotionally from others to shut out intrusions in their time and space. From the safety of their minds they can intensify their investment in their mental activities. They feel planning sufficiently and knowing enough can enable them to survive and thrive in life despite being isolated. This overuse of their thinking center to navigate an intrusive world from a distance causes them to be both idiosyncratic in how they perceive reality and eccentric as others perceive them. This causes fives to exhibit a certain quirky cleverness."

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

3w2?

59% 1,
    52% 2,
    90% 3, Holy fuck that's a lot of 3
    31% 4,
    79% 5,
    45% 6,
    83% 7,
    72% 8 and
    45% 9!
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    I scored as a 1, but I have to echo other posters. Some of the questions were either nonsensical (the aforementioned sofa question) or just bizarre (who the hell DOESN'T have emotions?).
    Yes, everybody does. Those two are type 3 questions. And they do make perfect sense for type 3. xD

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

They do make sense for type 3. But they are bad questions that are skewing the results of your test.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    They do make sense for type 3. But they are bad questions that are skewing the results of your test.
    Hm? How so?

The type 3 curve is one of the best-looking curves (if not THE best looking one) of the whole test...

Glycerine

How is the emotions question type 3 related?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    How is the emotions question type 3 related?
    Type 3 is in the center of the heart triad, type 6 is in the center of the head triad and type 9 is in the center of the gut triad. Type 9 isn't aware of their anger, type 6 isn't aware of their fear and type 3 isn't aware of their emotions. That's the theory.

The "inventor" of the original questionnair is - as I already mentioned - a type 3 himself. He said that when asked this question he would just be at a complete loss about how to answer this question.

So if you can say "Yes, I do have emotions" and it's completely heart-felt then you're probably not a type 3. That's why you get 1 or 2 (not sure atm) minus points for type 3 if you say yes to that question.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Okay, this looks more convincing:

You scored 66% 1, 66% 2, 41% 3, 62% 4, 72% 5, 59% 6, 48% 7, 34% 8 and 59% 9!

That mysterious e1 outburst is gone.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Plush Cat View Post
    Yes, everybody does. Those two are type 3 questions. And they do make perfect sense for type 3. xD
    Why would 3's have more emotion? I know it's in the "Heart Triad", but why 3? Emotions are more for 2's and 4's.

However, I said "yes" to that question because I'd be a moron not to, since everyone does have emotions. Such as tiredness, stress, anticipation, contentment, irritation (yes NTs, that IS an emotion, nice try).

That q should screen for delusion instead.

EDIT: nm, I saw what you said to that. But are you implying that 3's are morons?

@Pettycure - "bumming around on the sofa" = being a lazy fucker
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Plush Cat View Post
    Type 3 is in the center of the heart triad, type 6 is in the center of the head triad and type 9 is in the center of the gut triad. Type 9 isn't aware of their anger, type 6 isn't aware of their fear and type 3 isn't aware of their emotions. That's the theory.

The "inventor" of the original questionnair is - as I already mentioned - a type 3 himself. He said that when asked this question he would just be at a complete loss about how to answer this question.

So if you can say "Yes, I do have emotions" and it's completely heart-felt then you're probably not a type 3. That's why you get 1 or 2 (not sure atm) minus points for type 3 if you say yes to that question.
    "Are you fully aware of your emotions most of the time?" maybe a bit more accurate. The two-part type questions and "at all costs" with all the qualifiers are the weakpoint of the test. Be concise and straightforward without all the caveats.