User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type does the paragraph seem to depict?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • It sounds like a 4

1 12.50%
  • It sounds like a 5

5 62.50%
  • It sounds like a 6

1 12.50%
  • It sounds like a big blur of the above types

1 12.50%
  • It sounds like another type entirely

0 0%
First 2345 Last

brainheart

@mal12345,

Thanks, that was insightful. It's also been my experience that sixes are always on the lookout for potential impending tragedy, as if their luck must turn. For example, my e six daughter will say things like, "I've had such a great day. I hope nothing bad happens now because of it."

I'm always puzzled by how her mind works. This isn't to say that I don't pay attention and I'm not cautious, but sixes seem to be superstitious about it. For me it's very rational. So she says something like that and all I can think is, "how would your being happy negatively affect our health in any way?" So I help her dissect her thought processes, that way she begins to see it really doesn't make sense.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    @mal12345,

Thanks, that was insightful. It's also been my experience that sixes are always on the lookout for potential impending tragedy, as if their luck must turn. For example, my e six daughter will say things like, "I've had such a great day. I hope nothing bad happens now because of it."

I'm always puzzled by how her mind works. This isn't to say that I don't pay attention and I'm not cautious, but sixes seem to be superstitious about it. For me it's very rational. So she says something like that and all I can think is, "how would your being happy negatively affect our health in any way?" So I help her dissect her thought processes, that way she begins to see it really doesn't make sense.
    Do you have any idea about her MBTI type? It seems to me that gloom-and-doom prophets often have Si first.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Do you have any idea about her MBTI type? It seems to me that gloom-and-doom prophets often have Si first.
    She's not gloom and doom, she'll just out of nowhere say stuff like that. Extroverted feeling, for sure. She talks all the time about how she's psychic and she is typically oblivious of her surroundings, unless there's something threatening. Can't keep her room clean to save her life, but it stresses her out. I'd peg her more as an xnfj.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

She's not gloom and doom, she'll just out of nowhere say stuff like that. Extroverted feeling, for sure. She talks all the time about how she's psychic and she is typically oblivious of her surroundings, unless there's something threatening. Can't keep her room clean to save her life, but it stresses her out. I'd peg her more as an xnfj.
    Then I would strongly consider her to be 2w1, 1w2, something like that.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

brainheart

Then I would strongly consider her to be 2w1, 1w2, something like that.
    I'm more sure about her e type than mbti type. She strikes me as a 6w7 xnfx.

MBTI
    Ixxx
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    OK, let's not get caught up in insignificant details. Keep it simple.

• Do you ever feel removed or detached from others, or perhaps get "tired out" by other people easily, and want to retreat into your own head or private space as a result?
    • Do you ever feel as if something fundamental and unspecified about who you is missing, and that you can't help but express your own tragic existence as a result?
    • Do you ever find yourself worrying over whether other people are trustworthy or dependable, and that their lack of dependability will somehow affect you negatively?

There's a gun to your head - which one?
    1) Oh yes
    2) There is something wrong with me, but it's gotta be my navigation system - it's screwed! I sometimes weave a sense of tragedy around this deficiency, but it's spasmodic in expression, and kept on the inside usually
    3) Yes - but it's a question of frequency. Worrying about the trustworthiness of others is just part of the mental dance of uncertainty however. I'm more generally into figuring out what the hell is going on here, who am I, and what the hell should I be doing anyway?

With a gun to my head I'd say 1), but I think in summarising 6-ness you've emphasized trust in others too much. I see it more generally about establishing trust and truth in oneself, other people and the universe in general.

MBTI
    Ixxx
    Enneagram

The key to understanding Fours is the need for authenticity or living authentically, which is what you mean by "feels truly myself." The need to engage/relate with others is a key motivating factor for the Six. My reading indicates that the Six attempts to put on a shallow social facade, but fears that this facade will readily be seen through and revealed for what it is.

This has to tie into identity somehow. Because a facade isn't the truth about you. And perhaps it has something to do with the conflict between the needs of the 6 and its 5 wing. A "blurred identity" might describe a person who has invested energy into putting forth various and ever-changing faces, as with the chameleon-like 3 (except for the 6 need to be liked). I'm not suggesting you're a 3, but the 6 uses certain abilities of the 3 for this purpose. So the tie with identity is through the Feeling triad but not the type 4 of that triad.
    Yeah that's pretty much it. I didn't put it across well but the four-ish aspect is more to do with hating the idea of losing my vulnerability and how I can weave meaning (e.g. using fantasy) into failure. This creates a dilemma in creating internal ideals, in that I want to be 'competent' but that means losing the vulnerability, so images of super-competence really don't resonate and are hence rejected in favour of a more fragile competence.

MBTI
    Ixxx
    Enneagram

@mal12345,

Speaking for myself, it's an intense feeling that the universe is waiting for your back to be turned (i.e. complacency) before striking. But seriously, it seems like if I anticipate something going bad, it will either go well or just alright - either way that's pretty good to me. A lot of it may just be relativism, but whatever. To the pessimistic six, being unpleasantly surprised or disappointed is much worse than worrying - it means you can't trust your perceptions of things being okay - and that's just plain scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternatum View Post
    With a gun to my head I'd say 1), but I think in summarising 6-ness you've emphasized trust in others too much. I see it more generally about establishing trust and truth in oneself, other people and the universe in general.
    Anxiety and an overactive mind are themes common to all the head types, not just 6s. Honestly, I don't see what's wrong with sticking to 5w6 and calling it a day.
    Hello

MBTI
    Ixxx
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Anxiety and an overactive mind are themes common to all the head types, not just 6s. Honestly, I don't see what's wrong with sticking to 5w6 and calling it a day.
    What's wrong is that I find the system essentially subjective - it doesn't help that I keep seeing things differently, like one day I'm emphasizing this aspect of me or the types, the other something else. If I were to say I'm on the 5/6 line, enneagram fans would insist this isn't possible, yet without being able to present a reason based on objective evidence.