• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I have a problem with my enneagram.

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
I have made the test twice and the enneagram 4 and 5 is draw always. I don´t know my enneagram, is it the 4 of the 5? i can be a mix between the two? Is it normal?
Thanks for you help.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I find those enneagram tests very unreliable in general. Besides having in every test a different result (I had already 4 different types and still don't know what I really am), often one single different answer on a question changed the result totally.

I don't know personally what to think about enneagram anyway, but I guess if you want to learn more about it it makes sense to read about it in general and maybe ask people here to help you figure your type out.

wolfy

awsm
It could be 5 with a 4 wing or vice versa. Numbers wise, it is more likely to be 5 with a 4 wing if your type is intj.

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
I find those enneagram tests very unreliable in general. Besides having in every test a different result (I had already 4 different types and still don't know what I really am), often one single different answer on a question changed the result totally.

I don't know personally what to think about enneagram anyway, but I guess if you want to learn more about it it makes sense to read about it in general and maybe ask people here to help you figure your type out.

I am agree with you, the enneagram is very unreliable and very confused.

It could be 5 with a 4 wing or vice versa. Numbers wise, it is more likely to be 5 with a 4 wing if your type is intj.

Yeah, it is just i had thought, i look myself like 5w4 more than 4w5.

Silveresque

How comfortable are you with emotions? Do you worry about being overwhelmed by emotions and try to suppress them, or do you welcome or even intensify them?

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
I hate show my emotions when i am with other people but when i am alone, and i think in my live or i am writting, i overstate my emotions.

Silveresque

I hate show my emotions when i am with other people but when i am alone, and i think in my live or i am writting, i overstate my emotions.

Not showing much emotion is normal for an INTJ 5w4 or 4w5, but intensifying them when you're alone seems more 4w5.

Try reading these to see which you identify with more:
http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype4
http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype5

But be careful. It's easy to mistype as a 4 when you identify with all the melancholy, lonely, misfit issues. Any type can have these issues, the difference is that 4's intensify their feelings and take them in as a part of their identity, resulting in the stereotypical 4 drama. If you don't intensify and dramatize your emotions, you're probably not a 4.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think if you are an INTJ is more probable 5w4.
But it depends...
Remember that the 4w5 are very emotional, in my case the detachment is something that I rely only sometimes.

What would be a 4w5 INTJ??? I can't picture this... I can see some INTPs , but INTJ???

Silveresque

I think if you are an INTJ is more probable 5w4.
But it depends...
Remember that the 4w5 are very emotional, in my case the detachment is something that I rely only sometimes.

What would be a 4w5 INTJ??? I can't picture this... I can see some INTPs , but INTJ???

[MENTION=8888]CuriousFeeling[/MENTION] posted this on another thread:
INTJ type 4's are very rare. They are emotional, but the emotions run under the surface... it's not obvious. You might notice that they wear a unique style of clothing that is them, but very functional. When it comes to their work, they will go out of their way to make sure it is original to their style, and keep themselves from being in a specific niche. They are very creative in solving problems, and want to make sure it is done their way, with their own flair. They will tend to romanticize intellectual pursuits and ideas, and if they have artistic abilities, will produce work that is reflective of romanticism, yearning, but the romanticism goes through a brain filter. You will notice that an INTJ 4 will have an air of refinement and elegance to them, very sophisticated, yet they are soft-spoken. While they are confident on what they know, don't know, and their abilities, they might be hard on themselves, especially when they don't achieve the desired outcome of their goals. INTJ 4's will never, or rarely, compromise who they are and what they create just to make it more popular. They want to adhere to their inner values. INTJ 4's are very unassuming and may have a difficult time promoting their vision. They feel much more comfortable being in the background. You might notice an INTJ 4 will have a wannabe rebellious streak, and their form of rebellion will be an intellectual/artistic adventure. They might read literature that contains individualistic themes, presents a cynical view of authority, and will tend to like art that varies from the traditional to things that have an almost dark quality to it. They might like listening to music that is a bit intense, but also like music that is slow and heavy, and the delicate and beautiful. They are difficult to please when it comes to artistic and musical tastes, and may not like what is trendy, they avoid trends at all costs. INTJ 4's are also in their own worlds... they may find books, music, and art better than the chaotic/noisy world around them.

Never argue with an INTJ 4 though... be prepared for them to get a bit defensive, and temperamental.

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
[MENTION=8888]CuriousFeeling[/MENTION] posted this on another thread:
INTJ type 4's are very rare. They are emotional, but the emotions run under the surface... it's not obvious. You might notice that they wear a unique style of clothing that is them, but very functional. When it comes to their work, they will go out of their way to make sure it is original to their style, and keep themselves from being in a specific niche. They are very creative in solving problems, and want to make sure it is done their way, with their own flair. They will tend to romanticize intellectual pursuits and ideas, and if they have artistic abilities, will produce work that is reflective of romanticism, yearning, but the romanticism goes through a brain filter. You will notice that an INTJ 4 will have an air of refinement and elegance to them, very sophisticated, yet they are soft-spoken. While they are confident on what they know, don't know, and their abilities, they might be hard on themselves, especially when they don't achieve the desired outcome of their goals. INTJ 4's will never, or rarely, compromise who they are and what they create just to make it more popular. They want to adhere to their inner values. INTJ 4's are very unassuming and may have a difficult time promoting their vision. They feel much more comfortable being in the background. You might notice an INTJ 4 will have a wannabe rebellious streak, and their form of rebellion will be an intellectual/artistic adventure. They might read literature that contains individualistic themes, presents a cynical view of authority, and will tend to like art that varies from the traditional to things that have an almost dark quality to it. They might like listening to music that is a bit intense, but also like music that is slow and heavy, and the delicate and beautiful. They are difficult to please when it comes to artistic and musical tastes, and may not like what is trendy, they avoid trends at all costs. INTJ 4's are also in their own worlds... they may find books, music, and art better than the chaotic/noisy world around them.

Never argue with an INTJ 4 though... be prepared for them to get a bit defensive, and temperamental.
Hmm... Now i am more confused than before. I have done 3 differents test of MBTI and the result is always INTJ, i am sure that i am this.
In the enneagram, i think that i I move over to the side 8 and 7 to the sides 1 and 2 (yes I'm a perfectionist, but nothing altruistic) so I think I'm more five than four.
But after this last quote that you have placed, I'm not so sure because I feel very identified with the INTJ 4, ("will produce work reflective of romanticism That is, yearning, romanticism But The brain goes through to filter.") But I do not agree on the modesty which is not typical of me.
You know where can i find the description of the INTJ 5?
Thank you.

Silveresque

Hmm... Now i am more confused than before. I have done 3 differents test of MBTI and the result is always INTJ, i am sure that i am this.
In the enneagram, i think that i I move over to the side 8 and 7 to the sides 1 and 2 (yes I'm a perfectionist, but nothing altruistic) so I think I'm more five than four.
But after this last quote that you have placed, I'm not so sure because I feel very identified with the INTJ 4, ("will produce work reflective of romanticism That is, yearning, romanticism But The brain goes through to filter.") But I do not agree on the modesty which is not typical of me.
You know where can i find the description of the INTJ 5?
Thank you.

I don't know of any INTJ 5 descriptions, unfortunately. But I think the best way to determine your type is by looking at the defining aspects of those types and the differences between types. Here's a good link for that: http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/04/enneagram-misidentifications-type-5.html

INTJ's are most commonly 1's, 5's and 8's, so I think those types are worth looking at. Also, 1's don't have to be altruistic, that would be more 1w2. The type 1 descriptions often overemphasize the morality and "sense of mission".