• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How strong is your wing?

How Strong is your Wing?

• I can't even tell which is my wing vs my main type

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • my wing is STRONGER than my main type

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • my wing and main type are of equal strength

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • my wing kicks ass

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • my wing is pretty strong

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • my wing is kinda weak

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I only know my wing because the other one is DEFINITELY not my wing

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I have no wing

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I have both wings

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • I have both wings, but one is clearly stronger

Votes: 14 16.5%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how strong is your enneagram wing?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm definitely more of a 6w5, but I think I have a fairly strong 7 wing as well - perhaps somewhat balanced wings. Generally 6w5 fits better but I have read 6w7 descriptions that also fit very well. I genuinely feel like a combination of 6w5 and 6w7.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm definitely more of a 6w5, but I think I have a fairly strong 7 wing as well - perhaps somewhat balanced wings. Generally 6w5 fits better but I have read 6w7 descriptions that also fit very well. I genuinely feel like a combination of 6w5 and 6w7.

I'm working on a pole at the moment. feel free to vote in about 3 minutes or so :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I first got into enneagram, I identified so heavily with 4 and 5 that I had trouble deciding which was my type. The more I learned, the more it became evident I am clearly a 4. Both can hit uncomfortably close to home though. So I think my 5 wing is strong enough to have a clear effect on my personality, but the 4 defines me better, & I don't think I'd be confused for a 5 by others. I don't relate to the 3 wing, even though I think it sounds great. I considered it, and it just didn't fit. There are minor, often "stereotypical", aspects in 4w3 descriptions I can relate to (ie. using fashion to assert identity), but when it comes to specific traits, motivations & over all appearance, it's not nearly as accurate as the 4w5.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I should clarify: I don't relate much to descriptions of type 7, and it tends to be one of my lowest scores. But 6w7 descriptions, yeah, some of them I relate to quite a lot.

I've never thought I was either a 5 or a 7, though. I briefly thought I might be 4 and dismissed that, and then took some time to decide between 6 and 9.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mine is fairly strong.

6w7:
"restrict focus to their security needs (taxes, bills, office politics, and the like)."
I hate focusing on taxes, bills, office politics, etc..... I pay bills late sometimes, and do the least I can in these areas. Just not interested.
"not particularly political" .... I consider myself fairly interested in politics.
"tend to avoid heavy topics" .... Nope. I love discussing heavy topics.
"they are also more hesitant to speak out about themselves or their problems." Not really. I talk about my damn self all the time. I'll bitch and complain if I have a problem, and I'll tell it.

I think I have a mix of both wings.... but I am definitely not-at-all parts of the 7 wing descriptions.
I really am moody, and during certain times, I am much more 5 than 7. When I am feeling playful, much more 7 than usual.

Of course, 6 is the strongest of the three. It's my main type. But I test as 5 when I test.... I seem to have a lot in common with 5's. I'm a bit anti-social, and I think it fits well with 5 question/answers. With all of my moodiness also, testing can be interesting. Sometimes the questions fit me, sometimes they do not fit me.... I'm too weird to pin down lol....

Last edited:
G

Glycerine

I relate a lot to both 5 and 6 but 5 is clearly stronger.

When I am stressed, 6ish tendencies (6 wing) and 7ish characteristics (stress point) make me a hyperactive anxious nutjob. That's probably why I don't want to be labeled a main type 6. it always manifests negatively in myself (I mainly relate to the negative aspects but rarely the positive traits of six) but six definitely flavors the 5 for me.

I can relate to both to positive and negative aspects of 5.

I can relate to 4 too. My stroogest results are 4,5,6. My weakest are 8,7, 2.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm pretty 6ish i think...i mean i have a sort of manic/hysteria thing going on...i think it stays in my head most the time tho so it may not be super obvious or maybe that's from being a 7 or just a 7w6 idk but i think they're pretty close but i feel 8ish too a bit

wolfy

awsm
Pretty strong. I'm 9w8, I relate strongly to the motivations of an eight. I voted my wing kicks ass.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pretty strong. I'm 9w8, I relate strongly to the motivations of an eight. I voted my wing kicks ass.

wing 8s ftw :hifive:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
strong enough that i seriously considered 5w4. and i don't relate to a 3 wing at all.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
strong enough that i seriously considered 5w4. and i don't relate to a 3 wing at all.

I think that part is more subtle-- the 3 is in how you think of others, you wonder about their reactions to you & wonder if they like you or don't. A 5 is an INTP, to me. They don't think much of others because it's irrelevant how they're thought of..

a 3 is like, "everybody pay attention to me, see how great I am." while A 4 is like, "I'm so special, but don't look at me because I'm actually shit & you won't even get it.." they're connected. The 3 wing is the part of me that wants to have it all & be perfect, the 5 part wants nothing but contentment.

the dancing weasel or whatever in your avatar is really throwing me off typing thsi.

Silveresque

When I first got into enneagram, I identified so heavily with 4 and 5 that I had trouble deciding which was my type. The more I learned, the more it became evident I am clearly a 4. Both can hit uncomfortably close to home though. So I think my 5 wing is strong enough to have a clear effect on my personality, but the 4 defines me better, & I don't think I'd be confused for a 5 by others. I don't relate to the 3 wing, even though I think it sounds great. I considered it, and it just didn't fit. There are minor, often "stereotypical", aspects in 4w3 descriptions I can relate to (ie. using fashion to assert identity), but when it comes to specific traits, motivations & over all appearance, it's not nearly as accurate as the 4w5.

Same here. :hifive:

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got to thinking - I think I may have balanced wings now. Interpretation has not been easy for me. IDK, though, I probably spend more time in a state of 6w5 than I do 6w7. I think when my S.O. is around, tensions ease, and I am more 6w7. When I am alone, I grow to be more-and-more 6w5. Have no idea what this means.
The question is - why am I so darned interested in enneagrams? It explains why. Why do I need to know why? Security reasons? Fears? Yes.
When I first got into enneagrams, I was pinning the descriptions on everyone. I was so happy to find a practical guide to why people act the way they do. I see people like I do wild animals.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't have a fucking clue.

I don't blame you, the Enneagram can be pretty confusing. I thought I was a 4w3, then 9w8 then 7w8, then 8 then 1w9, then 4w3 again then 3w4, then back to 7w8 before 7w8 really clicked.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Under 25 I was a 4 with such a heavy 3 wing, that I actually looked like a 7. When I test I still type almost as much 3 as 4. However, 25+ I have definately started to see more of that 5 wing peaking through, which is really neat. I really enjoy the 4w5 charactoristics in myself. Oddly, while reading about enneagram from the enneagram institute, it was mentioned that a noticeably large amount of observed people seem to develop a heavy wing in the 2nd part of their life, the exact age range not being clarified. (Guessing 30+). And this is really not a surprise to me, as the real goal of the enneagram is to move around, utilize and embrace as many positive strengths of different types as possible. Balance. And my totally hypothetical guess is that the majority of people probably achieve balance with a few different e types in the course of their life, with truly enlightened people ?somehow? picking it up faster. I dunno, pure speculation. As for me, I definately can identify with 4w3, 4w5, 3w4, 6w7, 7w6, 7w8, and at very rare times, 3w2. I also thought I was Sx/sp but have come to see more clearly that I am really Sx/So. Makes for a completely whacky fucking personality at times to be sure. I've also found these concepts behind enneagram so dam enlightening and aligned with other spiritual ideas in my draw to taoism, buddhism, multiple life consciousness, .. that I've actually been toying with the idea of getting some artistic representation of it tatood on me! I know.. "so cliche" says the fucking 4... lol.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Assuming I've correctly typed myself as a 5w6 (some have suggested 9w1 and 5w4), I have a pretty strong wing that kicks ass. I also identify some with the 4 wing but overall I think 6 wing is a better fit.