User Tag List

View Poll Results: How Strong is your Wing?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can't even tell which is my wing vs my main type

3 4.29%
  • my wing is STRONGER than my main type

4 5.71%
  • my wing and main type are of equal strength

7 10.00%
  • my wing kicks ass

15 21.43%
  • my wing is pretty strong

27 38.57%
  • my wing is kinda weak

4 5.71%
  • I only know my wing because the other one is DEFINITELY not my wing

3 4.29%
  • I have no wing

3 4.29%
  • I have both wings

8 11.43%
  • I have both wings, but one is clearly stronger

11 15.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    For me it was also mixed w/ stress point (7). The negatives of both 6 and 7 combined can easily lead to a mental breakdown. Hysteria, high energy plus paranoia. lol How about you? Did you get to the stress point (5) with the negatives of 6 added in?
    OMG...you know exactly what I am talking about!!! (which I wish you didn't but I guess - such is life).
    When all these terrible life events happened for me back-to-back-to-back...and my life kinda came crashing down around me...I basically took myself out of the game and became a totally freaked-out, emotional hermit (unhealthy 5 & 6). And the worst of it for me was that I truly lost faith in everything. <--- that is not an exaggeration. And I still haven't gained that back. Which is weird because I used to have faith is everything...(in a distinctly unhealthy, unrealistic e7 kind of way). I'm trying to learn how to live life now as I feel so different from what I was before. I know that 'healthy e5' is the answer. Just don't know how to get there. Thank you for asking this question as it helps me put things together in my mind. I hope you are starting to do better as well.
    Likes star tripper liked this post

Glycerine

@StarryKnights: oops, I made a mistake... the stress point of 7 is 1 but it all works. I am glad you are doing better. I am doing pretty good! I am glad to be getting out of the 6 vortex.

http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype7

Under Stress (Seven Goes to Average One)
    Sevens value their spontaneity and so tend to follow their impulses, for better or for worse. As a result, they can become scattered in their attention and energy, leaping from one promising idea to the next, from one activity to another. While this can be exciting, it often leaves Sevens frustrated with themselves because they feel that they are not accomplishing as much as they would like to. At such times, they begin to behave like average Ones—pulling in the reins on themselves and trying to get more organized and self-controlled. But because they are trying to impose order and control on themselves, they begin to feel trapped and restricted. This only makes them more frustrated, impatient, and irritable. They may, for instance, become critical of their own creative ideas before they have really had a chance to develop them. Similarly, they cannot avoid feeling disappointment with people and many aspects of their environment. Nothing seems to meet their expectations, and they can become harsh and perfectionistically critical with themselves and with others.

Security (Seven Goes to Average Five)
    Sevens often feel it is their duty to entertain others and to keep their environment positive and exciting. Over time, this can be exhausting—even for Sevens. When they are tired of being "on" for everyone, they may choose to withdraw even from their intimates and seek seclusion and noninterference. This can come as a shock to others. ("You've been out having fun with everyone else, so why are you so quiet and unavailable with me?") They no longer want to put out energy for anyone else, and can become almost obsessively focused and preoccupied. They can also be surprisingly withdrawn and isolated, like Fives. Their body language and aloof responses let others know that they want space and privacy. At such times, Sevens make no effort to entertain or energize others. Like Fives, they retreat from contact and attempt to restore their energy.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

As a 4w5, quite heavy 5 wing... sometimes I can appear like a 5w4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    As a 4w5, quite heavy 5 wing... sometimes I can appear like a 5w4.
    ditto. i went back and read a couple 5w4 descriptions and ultimately i'm not that but the 5 wing is heav-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    @StarryKnights: oops, I made a mistake... the stress point of 7 is 1 but it all works. I am glad you are doing better. I am doing pretty good! I am glad to be getting out of the 6 vortex.
    Ah yah LOL.

Hey, thanks for the descriptions from your post. With regards to the low-side of 1...I kinda think I've always been like that. Not pushing myself towards perfectionism...as I apparently have no idea what 'perfectionism' is. But I beat-myself-up all the time and have unrealistic expectations of myself and others (which I am really trying to move beyond). At least that is how 1 manifests in me. After talking to some friends here from the site...I am really starting to buy-in to this whole notion that you can go to either the low-sides or high-sides of both your stress and security points. And so yes...that is where I am at today. I am either a low or average 5 - don't really know which one - probably both. But the wing thing... that definitely was super strong. Stronger really then my actual type. I'm going to try and seek out more literature to see if I can find anything on this.

PS...digging the new avatar. What molecular structure is that? I'm so glad to hear you are less 6ish today!

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    Ah yah LOL.

Hey, thanks for the descriptions from your post. With regards to the low-side of 1...I kinda think I've always been like that. Not pushing myself towards perfectionism...as I apparently have no idea what 'perfectionism' is. But I beat-myself-up all the time and have unrealistic expectations of myself and others (which I am really trying to move beyond). At least that is how 1 manifests in me. After talking to some friends here from the site...I am really starting to buy-in to this whole notion that you can go to either the low-sides or high-sides of both your stress and security points. And so yes...that is where I am at today. I am either a low or average 5 - don't really know which one - probably both. But the wing thing... that definitely was super strong. Stronger really then my actual type. I'm going to try and seek out more literature to see if I can find anything on this.

PS...digging the new avatar. What molecular structure is that? I'm so glad to hear you are less 6ish today!
    Nitroglycerine! Thanks for all your insight. I can definitely relate to it. My extroversion definitely exaggerates my stress and growth points. Fun times. haha. I can be overbearing and over assert myself (8) at low to average levels and have tons of frenetic energy (I won't shut up for hours...not kidding) if I am tired or stressed. It's awesome that you are figuring things out.

My wing is so strong it'd slap you around the back of the head.
    My wing is so strong it could fly a 747... in circles.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    My wing is so strong it'd slap you around the back of the head.
    My wing is so strong it could fly a 747... in circles.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

brainheart

When I'm healthy to average, my four and five seem pretty much equal. As I decline in health, I am nothing but four.

Five is where I go to solve problems. Just found out a friend has a fatal disease; I feel very calm, but I instantly go into frenetic research. Knowledge, and the knowledge that I know I can deal with the hard things in life, both emotionally and mentally, gives me power.

So I vote four with a strong five wing.

MBTI
    Ixxx
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I should clarify: I don't relate much to descriptions of type 7, and it tends to be one of my lowest scores. But 6w7 descriptions, yeah, some of them I relate to quite a lot.

I've never thought I was either a 5 or a 7, though. I briefly thought I might be 4 and dismissed that, and then took some time to decide between 6 and 9.
    This is quite a lot like me. I find all 6w5 and 6w7 descriptions somewhat off the mark however, but this is only in line with how I feel about 6 descriptions overall (apart from the one in 'Character and Neurosis' by Naranjo). I just know it's my type as I understand the underlying psychology and know in that essential regard it is totally me. The only reason I'd call myself 6w5 before 6w7 is because 7 is one of the types least like me, whereas I relate to 5 quite a lot but not enough to have seriously considered it as my type.