User Tag List

View Poll Results: How Strong is your Wing?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can't even tell which is my wing vs my main type

3 4.29%
  • my wing is STRONGER than my main type

4 5.71%
  • my wing and main type are of equal strength

7 10.00%
  • my wing kicks ass

15 21.43%
  • my wing is pretty strong

27 38.57%
  • my wing is kinda weak

4 5.71%
  • I only know my wing because the other one is DEFINITELY not my wing

3 4.29%
  • I have no wing

3 4.29%
  • I have both wings

8 11.43%
  • I have both wings, but one is clearly stronger

11 15.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

strong enough that i seriously considered 5w4. and i don't relate to a 3 wing at all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    strong enough that i seriously considered 5w4. and i don't relate to a 3 wing at all.
    I think that part is more subtle-- the 3 is in how you think of others, you wonder about their reactions to you & wonder if they like you or don't. A 5 is an INTP, to me. They don't think much of others because it's irrelevant how they're thought of..

a 3 is like, "everybody pay attention to me, see how great I am." while A 4 is like, "I'm so special, but don't look at me because I'm actually shit & you won't even get it.." they're connected. The 3 wing is the part of me that wants to have it all & be perfect, the 5 part wants nothing but contentment.

the dancing weasel or whatever in your avatar is really throwing me off typing thsi.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    When I first got into enneagram, I identified so heavily with 4 and 5 that I had trouble deciding which was my type. The more I learned, the more it became evident I am clearly a 4. Both can hit uncomfortably close to home though. So I think my 5 wing is strong enough to have a clear effect on my personality, but the 4 defines me better, & I don't think I'd be confused for a 5 by others. I don't relate to the 3 wing, even though I think it sounds great. I considered it, and it just didn't fit. There are minor, often "stereotypical", aspects in 4w3 descriptions I can relate to (ie. using fashion to assert identity), but when it comes to specific traits, motivations & over all appearance, it's not nearly as accurate as the 4w5.
    Same here.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I got to thinking - I think I may have balanced wings now. Interpretation has not been easy for me. IDK, though, I probably spend more time in a state of 6w5 than I do 6w7. I think when my S.O. is around, tensions ease, and I am more 6w7. When I am alone, I grow to be more-and-more 6w5. Have no idea what this means.
    The question is - why am I so darned interested in enneagrams? It explains why. Why do I need to know why? Security reasons? Fears? Yes.
    When I first got into enneagrams, I was pinning the descriptions on everyone. I was so happy to find a practical guide to why people act the way they do. I see people like I do wild animals.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

I'm a four with heavy five wing.

MBTI
    nerd

i don't have a fucking clue.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by fripping View Post
    i don't have a fucking clue.
    I don't blame you, the Enneagram can be pretty confusing. I thought I was a 4w3, then 9w8 then 7w8, then 8 then 1w9, then 4w3 again then 3w4, then back to 7w8 before 7w8 really clicked.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Under 25 I was a 4 with such a heavy 3 wing, that I actually looked like a 7. When I test I still type almost as much 3 as 4. However, 25+ I have definately started to see more of that 5 wing peaking through, which is really neat. I really enjoy the 4w5 charactoristics in myself. Oddly, while reading about enneagram from the enneagram institute, it was mentioned that a noticeably large amount of observed people seem to develop a heavy wing in the 2nd part of their life, the exact age range not being clarified. (Guessing 30+). And this is really not a surprise to me, as the real goal of the enneagram is to move around, utilize and embrace as many positive strengths of different types as possible. Balance. And my totally hypothetical guess is that the majority of people probably achieve balance with a few different e types in the course of their life, with truly enlightened people ?somehow? picking it up faster. I dunno, pure speculation. As for me, I definately can identify with 4w3, 4w5, 3w4, 6w7, 7w6, 7w8, and at very rare times, 3w2. I also thought I was Sx/sp but have come to see more clearly that I am really Sx/So. Makes for a completely whacky fucking personality at times to be sure. I've also found these concepts behind enneagram so dam enlightening and aligned with other spiritual ideas in my draw to taoism, buddhism, multiple life consciousness, .. that I've actually been toying with the idea of getting some artistic representation of it tatood on me! I know.. "so cliche" says the fucking 4... lol.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Ginkgo

So strong that the whole thing is a bit lopsided.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Assuming I've correctly typed myself as a 5w6 (some have suggested 9w1 and 5w4), I have a pretty strong wing that kicks ass. I also identify some with the 4 wing but overall I think 6 wing is a better fit.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne