• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Primal Fears of Sociopaths, Psychopaths and those who Indulge

No, I think he's right. The enneagram is a limitation on the full extent of a person's abilities. Strong defence mechanisms often keep good things at bay just as often as they do bad ones.

From the Enneagram Institute site:
Thus, Ichazo saw the Enneagram as a way of examining specifics about the structure of the human soul and particularly about the ways in which actual soul qualities of Essence become distorted, or contracted into states of ego.

This is supposed to be a good thing?

On how people develop enneagram types:
While everyone has the capacity to embody all of the Holy Ideas and Virtues, one pair of them is central to the soul's identity, so the loss if it is felt most acutely, and the person's ego is most preoccupied with recreating it, although in a futile, self-defeating way.

This applies to every type. Please tell me how that's not negative.

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ

You don't seem familiar with the theory surrounding Enneagram, perhaps you should focus more on perusing the theoretical threads rather than trying to contribute your perspective. Not that your perspective is at all substantiated through rational analysis, since all you're coming off as, is an ignorant person trying to troll.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't seem familiar with the theory surrounding Enneagram,

More than you apparently.

since all you're coming off as, is an ignorant person trying to troll.

Everyone who really reads me know that I know my stuff with enneagram. I simply don't want to waste my time arguingwith you, I'am a busy man and I have better things to do.

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
7 uses moderation in place of fortitude (aka gluttony)
13 uses detachment in place of moderation (aka indulgence)
5 uses prudence in place of detachment (aka greed)
2 uses fortitude in place of prudence (aka pride)

3 uses placidity in place of valuation (aka devaluation)
12 uses charity in place of placidity (aka excitability)
8 uses justice in place of charity (aka devotion)
1 uses valuation in place of justice (aka wrath)

6 uses sensibility in place of trust (aka mistrust)
11 uses temperance in place of sensibility (aka apathy)
4 uses hope in place of temperance (aka envy)
9 uses trust in place of hope (aka sloth)

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
More than you apparently.

Everyone who really reads me know that I know my stuff with enneagram. I simply don't want to waste my time arguingwith you, I'am a busy man and I have better things to do.

How is this apparent?
At least your capable of wishful thinking.

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
These are the more basic enneagram types, you are more likely to get children toying with these temperaments before they go onto forge a more complex arrangement (as described by the second set).

1. Scared: made from the absence of Justice and the overextension of valuation
2. Eager: made from the absence of Prudence and the overextension of fortitude
4. Lonely: made from the absence of Temperance and the over extension of hope
8. Angry: made from the absence of Charity and the overextension of justice
5. Condescending: made from the absence of Detachment and the overextension of prudence
11. Relaxed: made from the absence sensibility and the overextension of temperance
12. Annoyed: made from the absence of placidity and the overextension of charity
13. Excited: made from the absence of Moderation and the overextension of detachment
6. Relieved: made from the absence of Trust and the overextension of sensibility
3. Confused: made from the absence of Valuation and the overextension of placidity
7. Silly: made from the absence of Fortitude and the overextension of moderation
9. Shy: made from the absence of Hope and the overextension of trust

States that contain two elements:
1. Worried: made from the absence of Justice and the overextension of Valuation and Placidity
2. Bashful: made from the absence of Prudence and the overextension of Fortitude and Moderation
4. Sad: made from the absence of Temperance and the overextension of Hope and Trust
8. Elated: made from the absence of Charity and the overextension of Justice and Valuation
5. Anxious: made from the absence of Detachment and the overextension of Prudence and Fortitude
11. Calm: made from the absence of Sensibility and the overextension of Temperance and Hope
12. Shocked: made from the absence of Placidity and the overextension of Charity and Justice
13. Rushed: made from the absence of Moderation and the overextension of Detachment and Prudence
6. Terrified: made from the absence of Trust and the overextension of Sensibility and Temperance
3. Cautious: made from the absence of Valuation and the overextension of Placidity and Charity
7. Bored: made from the absence of Fortitude and the overextension of Moderation and Detachment
9. Lazy: made from the absence of Hope and the overextension of Trust and Sensibility

When virtues are overextended that virtues entire faculty becomes tainted, it will not function as it normally would.

Last edited:

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
the understanding is, there is no such thing as a passion, where passions comes from is actually just a gap caused by a missing virtue, being inappropriately made up for by the utilization of other virtues, which are basically being contorted.
And so sins/passions are really just contorted virtues.

hosting images

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Didn't you say [MENTION=4466]Little Linguist[/MENTION] was a rushed 13?

Would make sense. I would concur, actually. It's quite interesting that I've been actually trying to manage detachment lately and have become exceedingly good at it. Maybe too good. Hah, my husband has been praising my ability to engage in moderation lately. I'm proud of that fact, which brings me full circle. I'm excessively moderate. Or, to put it more effectively, I've become extreme in the other direction and the values cancel each other out.

Whoa, that was a major bump. My mistake. I just returned.