User Tag List

12 Last

Default Levels of Development

Here's something that isn't really discussed around here, the various levels of development for each type.

Type One

Type Two

Type Three

Type Four

Type Five

Type Six

Type Seven

Type Eight

Type Nine

For those of you who feel they know their type, how much of yourself do you recognise in these levels?

Think about those times you've been down in the dumps, felt elated, or acted to overcome your own problems - how accurately does these levels reflect your sense of self and how you behaved during those times? Can you sense a narrative taking place that falls in line with the various levels of development as laid out above?

And if not, is there another type that seems to reflect you more accurately?
    Hello
    Likes Noon liked this post

brainheart

Thank you for posting these. I have the book these levels come from and I find them to be incredibly helpful, both from a monitoring/self-improvement standpoint and to figure out your type. I'd say at this point in my life I range primarily between levels two and five of type four, although I have my moments of descending lower, but they are usually brief.

In the past I was precisely the lower levels, but I have learned to become more objective and I know what my triggers are that lead to the lower levels so I try to avoid them. For example, if I find myself uselessly fantasizing about something unattainable I try to put an end to it and engage myself in something productive which makes me feel better, like writing or playing guitar, even going for a walk. The hardest thing for me is maintaining self-discipline and stepping out of the self-absorption, self-reflection.

I've considered five and nine for my type but then I read the levels of health and they don't resonate the way the four does. When I'm unhealthy, I become the textbook stereotypical four, so much so that it almost seems comical to me now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Far & away, I see myself in the 4. I see myself in levels 2-7 the most, depending on whether I'm at a high/low point. This can vary from week to week. In recent years I am more often in the average to healthy levels, so that's good.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh ghey. I relate to both 4 and 6.

I actually feel a little repelled by the level 3 description of 6 even though it's healthy: hard-working, steadfast, responsible, thrifty...how utterly boring (sorry).

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm mostly at levels 4-5 of type 5 and can reach levels 2-3 on a really good day.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh ghey. I relate to both 4 and 6.

I actually feel a little repelled by the level 3 description of 6 even though it's healthy: hard-working, steadfast, responsible, thrifty...how utterly boring (sorry).
    I think this is why many do not initially identify with type 6. It sounds, well, boring, in the same way SJs get pigeonholed. The self-actualization for other types sound all amazing, and for 6s it's like "good citizen". I don't think it's very fair or necessarily accurate... I imagine a counterphobic 6 at average levels would especially balk at that.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Again I'm torn between 3 & 8.

I told myself that I am going to introspect but then when the time is appropriate I would have lost that motivation and settling on "This is boring, let me do something else. That can be done later."
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    Again I'm torn between 3 & 8.

I told myself that I am going to introspect but then when the time is appropriate I would have lost that motivation and settling on "This is boring, let me do something else. That can be done later."
    You sound just like my husband. He thinks the enneagram and more than three seconds of introspection is boring and stupid. He needs to be doing, constantly. I've had a really hard time figuring out his type. I see 2,3,6,7 and 8 in him, but he's also completely conflict avoidant at work and with friends. I'm the one who sees his reactive side, which is fine, I'm all for getting all the conflict out there and figuring it out.

For type 5, none of the levels below 5 fit me at all, and even the healthier levels don't sound like the direction I want to go. I don't want to become more objective, if anything I want to become more feeling and expressive. The levels for 4 fit me all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    For type 5, none of the levels below 5 fit me at all, and even the healthier levels don't sound like the direction I want to go. I don't want to become more objective, if anything I want to become more feeling and expressive. The levels for 4 fit me all the way through.
    Think of it less as seeking objectivity, and more as "keep out, I need space to think". Objectivity seems to be a symptom of the average levels for Fives - something they seem to embody, but not really something they're striving for.

I guess my point is that it feels more like you're avoiding something than striving for something - it's the difference between "I'm objective because I strive to be" and "I guess I seem objective because I'm afraid of getting emotionally involved".

Besides, Fives can be horribly subjective on either the top or bottom of the levels - one because they're incredibly isolated and removed, the other because they're emotionally involved in everything around them. It's only in the middle where they seem to embody objectivity.
    Hello