User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by g0lightly View Post
    Speaking from experience as an only child, I think that we have some very four-ish tendencies. Babied in youth (and sometimes into adolescence... oops) but still very individualistic and like to come off as such. No real desire to compete with others because we never competed with siblings for our parents' attention, but this can also mean that we're inattentive to the needs of others. At the same time, we have a strong need to be seen as refined and DO need to clamor for attention when we learn that people in the real world won't automatically dote over us like our parents did.
    I think this depends on how doting your parents are. I agree about some of what you've written, as I've seen only children described as a combination of eldest (responsible, upstanding, mature) and youngest (people-pleasing/manipulative, approval-seeking, spoiled/entitled). I'm an only child and lean in that direction as well, much as I'd like to deny it. On the other hand, my parents are on the tiger parent side of the spectrum, so I do have a desire to compete and I don't expect the real world to dote on me.

My instinct was to say that only children lean 1, 9, 3 and 4, but this thread is a good reminder that all types can come from nearly all environments.

Welcome to the forum, btw.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by g0lightly View Post
    Speaking from experience as an only child, I think that we have some very four-ish tendencies. Babied in youth (and sometimes into adolescence... oops) but still very individualistic and like to come off as such. No real desire to compete with others because we never competed with siblings for our parents' attention, but this can also mean that we're inattentive to the needs of others. At the same time, we have a strong need to be seen as refined and DO need to clamor for attention when we learn that people in the real world won't automatically dote over us like our parents did.
    Perhaps. I know an only child who is an ISFJ 6w7 and she really is not a big fan of attention unless it comes in the form of reinforcement for good work. But, she was also raised by a single parent who happens to be a workaholic ISTJ.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Im either a 4w5 or 5w4.
    I have a younger sibling who's a 3w2.

I don't believe we Have to be grouped specifically by our birth order, date etc. We can be anytype. Birth order and horoscopes don't define your soul's personality.