• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Birth order and enneatype

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Speaking from experience as an only child, I think that we have some very four-ish tendencies. Babied in youth (and sometimes into adolescence... oops) but still very individualistic and like to come off as such. No real desire to compete with others because we never competed with siblings for our parents' attention, but this can also mean that we're inattentive to the needs of others. At the same time, we have a strong need to be seen as refined and DO need to clamor for attention when we learn that people in the real world won't automatically dote over us like our parents did.
I think this depends on how doting your parents are. I agree about some of what you've written, as I've seen only children described as a combination of eldest (responsible, upstanding, mature) and youngest (people-pleasing/manipulative, approval-seeking, spoiled/entitled). I'm an only child and lean in that direction as well, much as I'd like to deny it. On the other hand, my parents are on the tiger parent side of the spectrum, so I do have a desire to compete and I don't expect the real world to dote on me.

My instinct was to say that only children lean 1, 9, 3 and 4, but this thread is a good reminder that all types can come from nearly all environments.

Welcome to the forum, btw. :)

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Speaking from experience as an only child, I think that we have some very four-ish tendencies. Babied in youth (and sometimes into adolescence... oops) but still very individualistic and like to come off as such. No real desire to compete with others because we never competed with siblings for our parents' attention, but this can also mean that we're inattentive to the needs of others. At the same time, we have a strong need to be seen as refined and DO need to clamor for attention when we learn that people in the real world won't automatically dote over us like our parents did.

Perhaps. I know an only child who is an ISFJ 6w7 and she really is not a big fan of attention unless it comes in the form of reinforcement for good work. But, she was also raised by a single parent who happens to be a workaholic ISTJ.

BlakeUndefined

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Im either a 4w5 or 5w4.
I have a younger sibling who's a 3w2.

I don't believe we Have to be grouped specifically by our birth order, date etc. We can be anytype. Birth order and horoscopes don't define your soul's personality.