• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Odd Enneagram/MBTI combinations, all the oddballs rejoice!

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I know there no correlations, but there still is something that has to be going on with the typical INFJ being a 4, 6, 9, so anyway my point in this thread is to hear from the odd enneagram MBTI combos.

The IXFJ type 8
The EXTP type 4
The IXFP type 7
The EXFJ type 5

and the any other XXXX that isn't what you call "typical" MBTI Enneagram combo.

I'm sure you all get the point, so I wanna hear from you all, and let me know about the conflicts you have between both personality types and how it manifests in you day to day life, maybe contradictions in what not.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know there no correlations, but there still is something that has to be going on with the typical INFJ being a 4, 6, 9, so anyway my point in this thread is to hear from the odd enneagram MBTI combos.

The IXFJ type 8
The EXTP type 4
The IXFP type 7
The EXFJ type 5

and the any other XXXX that isn't what you call "typical" MBTI Enneagram combo.

I'm sure you all get the point, so I wanna hear from you all, and let me know about the conflicts you have between both personality types and how it manifests in you day to day life, maybe contradictions in what not.

actually, there are correlations, just not direct correlations. however, if you'd like some examples of exotic combinations:

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr: INFJ 8w9 Sx/So
Loki (Thor) : INTJ 2w3 Sp/Sx
Fai (Tsubasa) : INFP 7w6 Sx/Sp
Ronald Reagan: ENFJ 9w8 So/Sx
Snape (Harry Potter) : INTJ 4w5 Sx/Sp
Donald Trump: ISFP 8w7 Sp/Sx (he's usually typed as Sp/So, but I don't think he's Sx last)
Warren Buffet: ISTJ 7w6 Sp/So
Arnold Schwarzenegger: INTJ 3w2 So/Sp
Harry Potter: ISFP 1w9 Sx/Sp
Tom Cruise: INFJ 3w4 So/Sx
Calvin (Calvin and Hobbs) : ENFP 5w4 So/Sx
Julia Child: ENTP 2w1 Sp/So
Will Ferrell: ENTP 2w3 Sp/So
Jessye Norman: INFP 8w9 So/Sx
Vivien Leigh: ESTP 4w3 Sx/So
Celine Dion: ENTP 1w2 Sx/So
Natalie Portman: ENTP 1w2 Sx/Sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I also watched an amazing jaguar documentary once where the narrator and main scientist was an I?FP Sx 8 of some sort

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
if you think natalie portman is an entp then you can kiss my entire black ass.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ENFJ 8w9 Sx/Sp

Donald Trump: ISFP 8w7 Sp/Sx (he's usually typed as Sp/So, but I don't think he's Sx last)

ESTP. And how can you believe there's anything Sx with him?

ENTP 5w6 Sp/So.

I've never understood why he was always typed as INTJ. He's the ESTJ prototype to me.

Gné??! She's a pure SFJ.

ENFP.

Rather ESTJ, I think.

[quote ]Celine Dion: ENTP 1w2 Sx/So[/quote]

Same. I've never understood why she's always typed ENTP. She's really SF.

IXXJ, probaly ISTJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFJ 8w9 Sx/Sp
Sx/So :yes:

ESTP. And how can you believe there's anything Sx with him?
possibly

ENTP 5w6 Sp/So.
5w6 is possible, but he is an ISTJ if you really look at his cognitive preferences

I've never understood why he was always typed as INTJ. He's the ESTJ prototype to me.
possible, but I still think INTJ

Gné??! She's a pure SFJ.
again, possible

now that you mention it, I do relate to her a lot :yes: I don't see how she's extroverted, but ENFPs can look pretty damn introverted (self included) so it's possible

Rather ESTJ, I think.
nooo, tons of Se and definitely not an SJ

Same. I've never understood why she's always typed ENTP. She's really SF.
I think you're right

IXXJ, probaly ISTJ.
possibly, I haven't seen enough of her to know for sure

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Actually, there seem to be very few INFJs willing to admit to a 6 enneagram...but I think that has more to do with what people WANT to be, than anything else...

I thought I was supposed to be a 4 at first, but it just didn't fit (there are aspects I relate to, but overall it doesn't fit.) I'm not enough of a special snowflake.

Silveresque

I'm an INTP 4w5, which I guess is an odd combination. I probably seem like an INTP on the outside, but feel like a 4w5 on the inside. My INTP-ness, as well as being Sx-last, serves to temper the 4's drama, and as a result, I don't seem to have any of that stereotypical melodrama and expressiveness of a 4. But at the same time, I can be very sentimental, and I'm drawn to emotional intensity, especially in music and films. I also like an artistic output, and often find myself treating clothing as a form of self-expression. I dress to match my specific mood, as well as to show the world who I am. Because of this and my hidden sentimentality, I often seem like an INFP.

I don't think this combination causes problems for me. I like being an oddball--I get to be unique. :D I also feel like I get the best of both worlds--logic and emotionality. But I guess there is one downside, and it's that I'm restricted in my ability to express my emotions compared with most 4's.

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
actually, there are correlations, just not direct correlations. however, if you'd like some examples of exotic combinations:

Loki (Thor) : INTJ 2w3 Sp/Sx
Fai (Tsubasa) : INFP 7w6 Sx/Sp
Ronald Reagan: ENFJ 9w8 So/Sx
Snape (Harry Potter) : INTJ 4w5 Sx/Sp
Harry Potter: ISFP 1w9 Sx/Sp
Tom Cruise: INFJ 3w4 So/Sx
Calvin (Calvin and Hobbs) : ENFP 5w4 So/Sx
Will Ferrell: ENTP 2w3 Sp/So
Celine Dion: ENTP 1w2 Sx/So

Very interesting, I find this entertaining. Do you have anyone else?

Actually, there seem to be very few INFJs willing to admit to a 6 enneagram...but I think that has more to do with what people WANT to be, than anything else...

I thought I was supposed to be a 4 at first, but it just didn't fit (there are aspects I relate to, but overall it doesn't fit.) I'm not enough of a special snowflake.

I see, for me I kept going back in forth between 4 and 6, but at some point after help and reading I settle on 4, lol at least for now.

So how do you view yourself? how does the INFJ type 6 go about the world? is there any contradictions?

I'm an INTP 4w5, which I guess is an odd combination. I probably seem like an INTP on the outside, but feel like a 4w5 on the inside. My INTP-ness, as well as being Sx-last, serves to temper the 4's drama, and as a result, I don't seem to have any of that stereotypical melodrama and expressiveness of a 4. But at the same time, I can be very sentimental, and I'm drawn to emotional intensity, especially in music and films. I also like an artistic output, and often find myself treating clothing as a form of self-expression. I dress to match my specific mood, as well as to show the world who I am. Because of this and my hidden sentimentality, I often seem like an INFP.

I don't think this combination causes problems for me. I like being an oddball--I get to be unique. :D I also feel like I get the best of both worlds--logic and emotionality. But I guess there is one downside, and it's that I'm restricted in my ability to express my emotions compared with most 4's.

Terrific answer, so when your in the world is there a conflict between INTP self and being a type 4, like what other things about yourself stands out from the stereotypical 4 type?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see, for me I kept going back in forth between 4 and 6, but at some point after help and reading I settle on 4, lol at least for now.

So how do you view yourself? how does the INFJ type 6 go about the world? is there any contradictions?

I've seriously considered 9 as well, but think 6 fits better.

I think 6 dovetails pretty well with a certain type of INFJ. My next closest type is probably ISFJ (or possibly ENFJ...but certainly not INTJ.) I think and have even been told that I come across more grounded than a lot of INFJs. I'm a little older than some of the posters on this board, but I don't think that's it (and I'm not that old, haha.)

Basically I would say that the type 6 causes me to question my Ni-based conclusions a great deal. Which of course can cause me a lot of stress, but it stops me from the "magical thinking" which quite a lot of INFJs seem prone to (ie. "I have never been wrong about anyone ever.") Although I have decided that I am going to allow myself just a little more magical thinking. :D It seems that my Ni-based conclusions are very often right and that I have more trouble when I suppress them. However, I think it's always good to question and sense-check hunches and intuitions.

I have strong Fe and some of the 6 sp-first descriptions I read fit well with that as well. Some 6 sp-first descriptions focus very heavily on the seeking of material safety and security...which doesn't fit me so much. Well, it fits as in my home tends to be a sort of cosy messy nest (and I have noticed that when I sit down ANYWHERE I tend to create a nest around me very quickly..a bit creepy) and I tend to think about possible safety hazards and the like, and have a couple of somewhat related phobias. But some descriptions emphasized that 6 sp-first tends to "go towards" people in a sort of pre-emptive strike/defusing danger way, to protect themselves from "emotional danger". That makes SO MUCH sense for me...and fits with the type of INFJ I am.

I've heard that 6s tend to be S rather than N, but I'm not sure why that's supposed to be the case. I think on this forum there are just a few INFJ 6s, and I can think also of either a few or one ENFP, ISFP, ISTP, and ENFJ.

EDIT: At any rate, 6s are supposed to potentially fit with every single MBTI type, which probably isn't really the case with any other enneagram type. In theory it's possible, but I have a hard time imagining a type 3 INFP, for instance.

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've seriously considered 9 as well, but think 6 fits better.

I think 6 dovetails pretty well with a certain type of INFJ. My next closest type is probably ISFJ (or possibly ENFJ...but certainly not INTJ.) I think and have even been told that I come across more grounded than a lot of INFJs. I'm a little older than some of the posters on this board, but I don't think that's it (and I'm not that old, haha.)

Basically I would say that the type 6 causes me to question my Ni-based conclusions a great deal. Which of course can cause me a lot of stress, but it stops me from the "magical thinking" which quite a lot of INFJs seem prone to (ie. "I have never been wrong about anyone ever.") Although I have decided that I am going to allow myself just a little more magical thinking. :D It seems that my Ni-based conclusions are very often right and that I have more trouble when I suppress them. However, I think it's always good to question and sense-check hunches and intuitions.

I have strong Fe and some of the 6 sp-first descriptions I read fit well with that as well. Some 6 sp-first descriptions focus very heavily on the seeking of material safety and security...which doesn't fit me so much. Well, it fits as in my home tends to be a sort of cosy messy nest (and I have noticed that when I sit down ANYWHERE I tend to create a nest around me very quickly..a bit creepy) and I tend to think about possible safety hazards and the like, and have a couple of somewhat related phobias. But some descriptions emphasized that 6 sp-first tends to "go towards" people in a sort of pre-emptive strike/defusing danger way, to protect themselves from "emotional danger". That makes SO MUCH sense for me...and fits with the type of INFJ I am.

I've heard that 6s tend to be S rather than N, but I'm not sure why that's supposed to be the case. I think on this forum there are just a few INFJ 6s, and I can think also of either a few or one ENFP, ISFP, ISTP, and ENFJ.

I see my issue that although I have a lot of the sixes characteristics I tend to play them more then I need to, in sort of a defense mechanism kinda way. The thing that struck a cord in me is that I think I'm somewhat realistic, I don't to bite more than I chew, while my siblings one being a ENFP and the other being A IXFP, both sixes tend to go off and do these crazy things, without a care in the world. I tend to look more grounded not so much heads in the clouds. I save that for when I am alone in my room, and not around people I know :) There something about type 4's that describe perfectly although in the beginning I didn't think that was so until I continued to read. Any who I feel like there is possibility that 6 is in my tritype. I love your explanation it was very insightful and interesting.

Thanks.

Silveresque

Terrific answer, so when your in the world is there a conflict between INTP self and being a type 4, like what other things about yourself stands out from the stereotypical 4 type?

I don't feel any conflict between the two. It's not like one side of me is INTP and the other is 4w5, they're merged and work together. I suppose what makes me different from a stereotypical 4 is that I'm not melodramatic, temperamental, or expressive, and I'm probably not as sensitive. I keep my feelings on the inside and act based on logic. If you met me in person, you would probably say I'm more like a 9 or a 5 than a 4, and that's because I don't fit the stereotype, and the things that make me a 4 are mostly things that don't show on the outside. That's why every time I take an enneagram test I end up getting 9, then 5, and then 4 in that order. I swear, I always get 9 just because I'm agreeable.

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't feel any conflict between the two. It's not like one side of me is INTP and the other is 4w5, they're merged and work together. I suppose what makes me different from a stereotypical 4 is that I'm not melodramatic, temperamental, or expressive, and I'm probably not as sensitive. I keep my feelings on the inside and act based on logic. If you met me in person, you would probably say I'm more like a 9 or a 5 than a 4, and that's because I don't fit the stereotype, and the things that make me a 4 are mostly things that don't show on the outside. That's why every time I take an enneagram test I end up getting 9, then 5, and then 4 in that order. I swear, I always get 9 just because I'm agreeable.

I tend to get 5 a lot, then 4 6 and 9, but the 4 and 5 are usually tied. I am not melodramatic outwardly I keep it inside. I'm not expressive unless I choose to be, and temperamental idk about that. But yeah I think that the thing that may make me four I keep inside too, I give off more of a 6ish vibe about me. So very interesting. Thank you.

B

brainheart

EDIT: At any rate, 6s are supposed to potentially fit with every single MBTI type, which probably isn't really the case with any other enneagram type. In theory it's possible, but I have a hard time imagining a type 3 INFP, for instance.

I have an infp friend who swears she's a 3w4. She's done lots of reading on it so I'm inclined to take her word for it.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't imagine an IxFP 8....it would be weeeeird to see.

I knew an INFJ 3w4, and predictably, it made him a bit more sociable and Fe heavy in his interactions, but he was still notably introverted & Ni-led in his thinking.
My INFJ aunt may be a 3 also; she's very status/image aware, but in a anti-status status way (ie. vegetarian green peace image)....but then she may be eNFJ, or even enneagram 6.
I think 3s are under-typed because people see their motivations as shallow & don't want to cop to it, & 3s are good at projecting the image they want to project.

This post is pretty interesting.....it's about enneagram & MBTI combinations causing "lookalike" effects. It's relevant to this thread in theorizing on how the unusual pairings may appear.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48303&p=1577858&viewfull=1#post1577858

personally i like to think about enneagram/MBTI correlations, cause i think those have a big impact. an ENTP 7 and ENFP 7 are going to look a lot alike, much more so than an ENFP 4 and an ENTP 7.

i think usually you can see correlations like 1w9 looks more like T and J, 1w2 more like F and J, 2 more like E and F, 3 more like E and T, 4 more like I and F, 5 more like I and T, 6 more T and J, 7 more E, S, and P, 8 more E, T, and J, 9 more S, F, and P.

my thoughts on lookalikes, mostly based on experience... (and a little guesswork ;] )

* = prettyyy unlikely combo, lol

INFP 1, 2 -> INFJ
INFP 3 -> ENFJ
INFP 4w3, 7* -> ENFP
INFP 4w5, 5 -> INTP
INFP 6 -> INTP, INFJ
INFP* 8 -> ESTJ
INFP 9 -> ISFP

ENFP 1 -> ESTJ
ENFP 2, 6 -> ENFJ
ENFP 3, 6, 7, 8 -> ENTP
ENFP 4, 5*, 9 -> INFP

INFJ 1w9, 8* -> INTJ
INFJ 1w2, 2w1 -> ISFJ
INFJ 2w3, 3, 4w3 -> ENFJ
INFJ 4w5, 9 -> INFP
INFJ 5, 6 -> INTP
INFJ 7* -> ISTP

ENFJ 1 -> INFJ
ENFJ 2 -> ESFJ
ENFJ 3, 8 -> ENTJ
ENFJ 4w3 -> ENFP, INFJ
ENFJ 4w5, 5, 6 -> INFJ
ENFJ 7*, 9* -> ENFP

INTP 1, 5w6, 6, 8 -> INTJ
INTP 2* -> INFJ, ISFJ
INTP 3 -> ENTP, INTJ
INTP 4 -> INFP, INFJ
INTP 5w4 = most INTPy INTPs ;)
INTP 7* -> ISTP
INTP 9 -> INFP

ENTP 1, 3, 8 -> ENTJ
ENTP 2* -> ENFP, ENFJ
ENTP 4* -> ENFP
ENTP 5, 6, 9* -> INTP
ENTP 7 -> ESTP

INTJ 1, 6 -> ISTJ
INTJ 2, 4, 9 -> INFP, INFJ
INTJ 3, 8 -> ENTJ
INTJ 5, 7* -> INTP

ENTJ 1, 3 -> ESTJ
ENTJ 2*, 4* -> ENFJ
ENTJ 5, 6 -> INTJ
ENTJ 7, 8, 9 -> ENTP

ISFP 1, 2, 3* -> ISFJ
ISFP 4, 9w1 -> INFP
ISFP 5, 6, 9w8 -> ISTP
ISFP 7, 8 -> ISTP, ESFP

ESFP 1*, 2, 3* -> ESFJ
ESFP 4 -> ENFP
ESFP 5*, 7, 8 -> ISTP
ESFP 9 -> ISFP, ENFP

ISFJ 1w9, 8* -> ISTJ
ISFJ 1w2, 2, 3 -> ESFJ
ISFJ 4* -> INFJ
ISFJ 5, 6 -> INTP
ISFJ 7*, 9 -> ISFP

ESFJ 1 -> ISFJ
ESFJ 2, 6 -> ENFJ
ESFJ 3, 5*, 8 -> ESTJ
ESFJ 4*, 7, 9* -> ESFP

ISTP 1, 3 -> ISTJ
ISTP 2*, 4*, 9 -> ISFP
ISTP 5 -> INTP
ISTP 6 -> INTP, ESTP
ISTP 7, 8 -> ESTP

ESTP 1, 3, 8 -> ESTJ
ESTP 2*, 4*, 9* -> ESFP
ESTP 5, 6, 7 -> ISTP

ISTJ 1 -> ISFJ, INTJ
ISTJ 2, 4* -> ISFJ
ISTJ 3* -> INTJ, ESTJ
ISTJ 5, 6 -> ISTP, INTJ
ISTJ 7, 9 -> ISTP
ISTJ 8 -> ISTP, ESTJ

ESTJ 1, 5, 6 -> ISTJ
ESTJ 2 -> ESFJ
ESTJ 3, 8 -> ENTJ
ESTJ 4*, 9* -> INFP
ESTJ 7 -> ESTP

whew :)

B

brainheart

I think 3s are under-typed because people see their motivations as shallow & don't want to cop to it, & 3s are good at projecting the image they want to project.

I have another friend who claims to be an infp 8w9, but I think she's actually a 9w8; she's pretty much exemplifies the type.

I agree as far as threes go. I suspect a lot of infp actors are 3w4s. I read an interview with michelle williams and that's what she struck me as. And she reminded me exactly of my friend. Infp + strong motivation to succeed. Also think of jackie kennedy.

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have an infp friend who swears she's a 3w4. She's done lots of reading on it so I'm inclined to take her word for it.

I have another friend who claims to be an infp 8w9, but I think she's actually a 9w8; she's pretty much exemplifies the type.

I agree as far as threes go. I suspect a lot of infp actors are 3w4s. I read an interview with michelle williams and that's what she struck me as. And she reminded me exactly of my friend. Infp + strong motivation to succeed. Also think of jackie kennedy.

That is really interesting, how do your friends interact in the world? my father is a ISFJ type 8w9 and he doesn't really seem follow the standard lines of an ISFJ, Thank you for your reply.

I knew an INFJ 3w4, and predictably, it made him a bit more sociable and Fe heavy in his interactions, but he was still notably introverted & Ni-led in his thinking.
My INFJ aunt may be a 3 also; she's very status/image aware, but in a anti-status status way (ie. vegetarian green peace image)....but then she may be eNFJ, or even enneagram 6.

This post is pretty interesting.....it's about enneagram & MBTI combinations causing "lookalike" effects. It's relevant to this thread in theorizing on how the unusual pairings may appear.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48303&p=1577858&viewfull=1#post1577858

Oh yes it is thank you for the link, I find it awesome lol, Soo is your INFJ friend more "out there" and more in the world? do you think he fits the 3w4 type?