Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am apparently a 2w3 Sx/So. Is that weird for an ExFJ?
    fairly common yes, although you don't strike me as very 2-ish. that's not to say you're not, but I don't see any of the negative aspects of 2 in you. if you are a 2, you're pretty integrated to 4
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    fairly common yes, although you don't strike me as very 2-ish. that's not to say you're not, but I don't see any of the negative aspects of 2 in you. if you are a 2, you're pretty integrated to 4
    Met him in person. Even from that brief exchange I have no problem seeing him as 2w3 and an Fe dom.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I'm an ENTP enneagram 9 with 7 and 2 wings (if they can be called wings), sx/so/sp.

In another thread, someone didn't think that was possible, and ENTP was not listed on the chart with 9, so I guess it is kinda weird. Someone else suggested maybe I'm counter-phobic. From what little I know about enneagram, that made sense to me.

Is it healthy to be counter-phobic?

Edit: I'll give some background info. When I was younger, I used to be very blunt and honest. When I moved to the west coast and discovered people's extreme aversion and negative emotional reactions to blunt honesty here, I learned to tone it down a lot. It does bother me to inadvertently cause discord that way. I have the urge to be a peacemaker when there is conflict. I can also be very paranoid about political difficulties at work and find it incredibly stressful to deal with, which is probably typical of both ENTPs and E9s, except that most ENTPs probably find it less stressful than I do.

Having said that, I'm also very determined, and people have called me fearless, so maybe that supports the counter-phobic argument? I dunno.

In my 20s, I tested as E7 (more typical of ENTP), but I think that was just a phase. For most of my life, I've felt like I have a purpose to fulfill (haven't figured out yet what it is ), but I went through a phase in my 20s when I figured my purpose was just to have as much fun and discover as much as possible, which seems pretty typical of E7 and ENTP. Now I'm back to trying to figure out a better purpose than that, some way of improving the world around me, which seems like an E9 way to be.
    2, 7, and 9 would be your tritype (heart, head, body). If your 9 has wings, it would be 9w1 or 9w8.

Did you look at the thread on "levels" that was posted in this section? Perhaps you should read through both 9 and 7 and see which one has the most levels that have consistently fit you in varying phases of your life.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    2, 7, and 9 would be your tritype (heart, head, body). If your 9 has wings, it would be 9w1 or 9w8.

Did you look at the thread on "levels" that was posted in this section? Perhaps you should read through both 9 and 7 and see which one has the most levels that have consistently fit you in varying phases of your life.
    OK I'll read more about it when I get a chance, thanks!

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I don't understand why people don't want to admit to being 6s. Is it because it's so common? I feel like 6 fits me so well, even better than 4, and I thought I was a 4 for a long time, but I was just one of those 4w3/6w7 mix-ups. 4w3 is still in my triad though.

I'm proud to be a 6.
    For me, I considered 6 for awhile but I didn't feel that the "motivations" truly fit me. Sure, I can be very anxious and neurotic at times but the "being prepared" because I thought people/things were out to get to me was rarely the true reasoning for things I do. I wanted to have things and plans ahead of time for my own security and comfort.... I can relate to the stinginess/hoarding/ambivalence of the social relationships of the 5's descriptions more than the 6 description of socially engaging the world.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    For me, I considered 6 for awhile but I didn't feel that the "motivations" truly fit me. Sure, I can be very anxious and neurotic at times but the "being prepared" because I thought people/things were out to get to me was rarely the true reasoning for things I do. I wanted to have things and plans ahead of time for my own security and comfort.... I can relate to the stinginess/hoarding/ambivalence of the social relationships of the 5's descriptions more than the 6 description of socially engaging the world.
    the behaviors you described are more Sp than 5
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well I related to 4 because I thought "yes I am creative and I feel different and unique!" I actually get 4 on a lot of enneagram tests.

I never even considered 6 until Aramis mentioned it in vent. Then some other people who have interacted with me a lot said "heh no not 4." And then Simulated World suggested I might be a 7w6 like him (and I didn't think I was quite extroverted or a rock star enough to be a 7). I had to look it up, and I realized that 6w7 made a ton of sense since it frequently gets confused with 4w3 (which is what I thought I was).

But what really convinced me is that several years ago, in college, before I really got into type theory, I jokingly referred to myself as sounding like a female, liberal Rush Limbaugh in one of my Live Journal posts...and I thought with sudden self-awareness "this is me. This is absolutely me." I even have a history of anxiety and panic attacks.

Glycerine

I guess I don't relate to the phobic/counterphobic dimension much and needing to find some sort of authority/group. I am fairly compliant until I feel like I am being controlled/smothered, then I lash out. That was the deciding factor for me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I guess I don't relate to the phobic/counterphobic dimension much and needing to find some sort of authority/group. I am fairly compliant until I feel like I am being controlled and I lash out. That was the deciding factor for me.
    that tendency is definitely connected to the 6 wing
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that tendency is definitely connected to the 6 wing
    That makes sense but couldn't that also be a connection to eight or would the eight have completely different motives? I am just curious.