3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I don't understand why people don't want to admit to being 6s. Is it because it's so common? I feel like 6 fits me so well, even better than 4, and I thought I was a 4 for a long time, but I was just one of those 4w3/6w7 mix-ups. 4w3 is still in my triad though.

I'm proud to be a 6.
    I don't think it's even because it's supposed to be common. Having googled a lot about it on the internet, it seems a lot of people think it's "not nice" or "cowardly" or even that it's not a real enneagram type but only an unhealthy manifestation of others. Sigh.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Spoken like a true introverted thinking five... some of us like the messiness of life.
    So you're content with occasional doom and gloom feelings? That's self-acceptance then, although I don't think you explained how you achieved it, did you?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am apparently a 2w3 Sx/So. Is that weird for an ExFJ?
    No.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

The general forum's accuracy in typing individuals have disintegrated within the past year.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    So you're content with occasional doom and gloom feelings? That's self-acceptance then, although I don't think you explained how you achieved it, did you?
    I'm a four... I feel most ' me' when I'm in the depths of despair, or extreme feelings of any kind. I don't like it as much as I used to, so I don't trigger it so much anymore, now I engage in it primarily via creative pursuits vs personal. I do know, though, I'm going to go there sometimes. I just make sure I don't do anything life-altering in those moments, try to channel it into art instead.

Edit- also I take mood stabilizers, which was a really tough thing for me to convince myself to do. I was terrified that I would no longer feel things as strongly and therefore I would no longer be me. My muse would be dead. And it did flatten things out, and I did change, which makes me a little melancholy, I mourn the old me. But for the sake of my marriage, the health and happiness of my children, and so I wouldn't go and kill myself, I figured it had to happen. So the pros outweigh the cons.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I don't think it's even because it's supposed to be common. Having googled a lot about it on the internet, it seems a lot of people think it's "not nice" or "cowardly" or even that it's not a real enneagram type but only an unhealthy manifestation of others. Sigh.
    I don't understand why? 3s at their worst level are basically sociopaths, 4s get a bad rap for being depressed and self-absorbed, and an unhealthy 9 seems MUCH more cowardly to me than a 6...so I'm not buying any of that.

6 is very nice at healthy levels...has more to do with loyalty, community building, trust...I just looked at the health levels for 6 in another thread, and 6s are actually made to sound like the suburban good citizens starring in a 1950's sitcom.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I don't understand why? 3s at their worst level are basically sociopaths, 4s get a bad rap for being depressed and self-absorbed, and an unhealthy 9 seems MUCH more cowardly to me than a 6...so I'm not buying any of that.

6 is very nice at healthy levels...has more to do with loyalty, community building, trust...I just looked at the health levels for 6 in another thread, and 6s are actually made to sound like the suburban good citizens starring in a 1950's sitcom.
    Maybe it has to do with the modern stigma associated with the words, "loyal, responsible, steadfast", as if those qualities make you boring or conservative or something. Those traits, however, are beautiful, noble qualities which can actually make for a very controversial, revolutionary figure. Or, just a very nice good person. My type six daughter can fall into a lot of the six traps: she's very afraid, gets very anxious, can be suspicious of people's motives, but she would also never turn on a friend, she is not afraid to speak her mind and go against something if it could potentially cause her harm, and she is the opposite of a sheep- she's not going to do something just because everyone else is. She knows her values and she lives by them. And she is very likeable, knows how to work with others. Not to mention, she has a great sense of humor. I admire her in many ways.

Permabanned

3, intp...lol..the world needs help.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

I'm an ENTP enneagram 9 with 7 and 2 wings (if they can be called wings), sx/so/sp.

In another thread, someone didn't think that was possible, and ENTP was not listed on the chart with 9, so I guess it is kinda weird. Someone else suggested maybe I'm counter-phobic. From what little I know about enneagram, that made sense to me.

Is it healthy to be counter-phobic?

Edit: I'll give some background info. When I was younger, I used to be very blunt and honest. When I moved to the west coast and discovered people's extreme aversion and negative emotional reactions to blunt honesty here, I learned to tone it down a lot. It does bother me to inadvertently cause discord that way. I have the urge to be a peacemaker when there is conflict. I can also be very paranoid about political difficulties at work and find it incredibly stressful to deal with, which is probably typical of both ENTPs and E9s, except that most ENTPs probably find it less stressful than I do.

Having said that, I'm also very determined, and people have called me fearless, so maybe that supports the counter-phobic argument? I dunno.

In my 20s, I tested as E7 (more typical of ENTP), but I think that was just a phase. For most of my life, I've felt like I have a purpose to fulfill (haven't figured out yet what it is ), but I went through a phase in my 20s when I figured my purpose was just to have as much fun and discover as much as possible, which seems pretty typical of E7 and ENTP. Now I'm back to trying to figure out a better purpose than that, some way of improving the world around me, which seems like an E9 way to be.