User Tag List

First 123412 Last

I'm an INTP 4w5, which I guess is an odd combination. I probably seem like an INTP on the outside, but feel like a 4w5 on the inside. My INTP-ness, as well as being Sx-last, serves to temper the 4's drama, and as a result, I don't seem to have any of that stereotypical melodrama and expressiveness of a 4. But at the same time, I can be very sentimental, and I'm drawn to emotional intensity, especially in music and films. I also like an artistic output, and often find myself treating clothing as a form of self-expression. I dress to match my specific mood, as well as to show the world who I am. Because of this and my hidden sentimentality, I often seem like an INFP.

I don't think this combination causes problems for me. I like being an oddball--I get to be unique. I also feel like I get the best of both worlds--logic and emotionality. But I guess there is one downside, and it's that I'm restricted in my ability to express my emotions compared with most 4's.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    actually, there are correlations, just not direct correlations. however, if you'd like some examples of exotic combinations:

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr: INFJ 8w9 Sx/So
    Loki (Thor) : INTJ 2w3 Sp/Sx
    Fai (Tsubasa) : INFP 7w6 Sx/Sp
    Ronald Reagan: ENFJ 9w8 So/Sx
    Snape (Harry Potter) : INTJ 4w5 Sx/Sp
    Donald Trump: ISFP 8w7 Sp/Sx (he's usually typed as Sp/So, but I don't think he's Sx last)
    Warren Buffet: ISTJ 7w6 Sp/So
    Arnold Schwarzenegger: INTJ 3w2 So/Sp
    Harry Potter: ISFP 1w9 Sx/Sp
    Tom Cruise: INFJ 3w4 So/Sx
    Calvin (Calvin and Hobbs) : ENFP 5w4 So/Sx
    Julia Child: ENTP 2w1 Sp/So
    Will Ferrell: ENTP 2w3 Sp/So
    Jessye Norman: INFP 8w9 So/Sx
    Vivien Leigh: ESTP 4w3 Sx/So
    Celine Dion: ENTP 1w2 Sx/So
    Natalie Portman: ENTP 1w2 Sx/Sp
    Very interesting, I find this entertaining. Do you have anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Actually, there seem to be very few INFJs willing to admit to a 6 enneagram...but I think that has more to do with what people WANT to be, than anything else...

I thought I was supposed to be a 4 at first, but it just didn't fit (there are aspects I relate to, but overall it doesn't fit.) I'm not enough of a special snowflake.
    I see, for me I kept going back in forth between 4 and 6, but at some point after help and reading I settle on 4, lol at least for now.

So how do you view yourself? how does the INFJ type 6 go about the world? is there any contradictions?

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I'm an INTP 4w5, which I guess is an odd combination. I probably seem like an INTP on the outside, but feel like a 4w5 on the inside. My INTP-ness, as well as being Sx-last, serves to temper the 4's drama, and as a result, I don't seem to have any of that stereotypical melodrama and expressiveness of a 4. But at the same time, I can be very sentimental, and I'm drawn to emotional intensity, especially in music and films. I also like an artistic output, and often find myself treating clothing as a form of self-expression. I dress to match my specific mood, as well as to show the world who I am. Because of this and my hidden sentimentality, I often seem like an INFP.

I don't think this combination causes problems for me. I like being an oddball--I get to be unique. I also feel like I get the best of both worlds--logic and emotionality. But I guess there is one downside, and it's that I'm restricted in my ability to express my emotions compared with most 4's.
    Terrific answer, so when your in the world is there a conflict between INTP self and being a type 4, like what other things about yourself stands out from the stereotypical 4 type?

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
    I see, for me I kept going back in forth between 4 and 6, but at some point after help and reading I settle on 4, lol at least for now.

So how do you view yourself? how does the INFJ type 6 go about the world? is there any contradictions?
    I've seriously considered 9 as well, but think 6 fits better.

I think 6 dovetails pretty well with a certain type of INFJ. My next closest type is probably ISFJ (or possibly ENFJ...but certainly not INTJ.) I think and have even been told that I come across more grounded than a lot of INFJs. I'm a little older than some of the posters on this board, but I don't think that's it (and I'm not that old, haha.)

Basically I would say that the type 6 causes me to question my Ni-based conclusions a great deal. Which of course can cause me a lot of stress, but it stops me from the "magical thinking" which quite a lot of INFJs seem prone to (ie. "I have never been wrong about anyone ever.") Although I have decided that I am going to allow myself just a little more magical thinking. It seems that my Ni-based conclusions are very often right and that I have more trouble when I suppress them. However, I think it's always good to question and sense-check hunches and intuitions.

I have strong Fe and some of the 6 sp-first descriptions I read fit well with that as well. Some 6 sp-first descriptions focus very heavily on the seeking of material safety and security...which doesn't fit me so much. Well, it fits as in my home tends to be a sort of cosy messy nest (and I have noticed that when I sit down ANYWHERE I tend to create a nest around me very quickly..a bit creepy) and I tend to think about possible safety hazards and the like, and have a couple of somewhat related phobias. But some descriptions emphasized that 6 sp-first tends to "go towards" people in a sort of pre-emptive strike/defusing danger way, to protect themselves from "emotional danger". That makes SO MUCH sense for me...and fits with the type of INFJ I am.

I've heard that 6s tend to be S rather than N, but I'm not sure why that's supposed to be the case. I think on this forum there are just a few INFJ 6s, and I can think also of either a few or one ENFP, ISFP, ISTP, and ENFJ.

EDIT: At any rate, 6s are supposed to potentially fit with every single MBTI type, which probably isn't really the case with any other enneagram type. In theory it's possible, but I have a hard time imagining a type 3 INFP, for instance.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've seriously considered 9 as well, but think 6 fits better.

I think 6 dovetails pretty well with a certain type of INFJ. My next closest type is probably ISFJ (or possibly ENFJ...but certainly not INTJ.) I think and have even been told that I come across more grounded than a lot of INFJs. I'm a little older than some of the posters on this board, but I don't think that's it (and I'm not that old, haha.)

Basically I would say that the type 6 causes me to question my Ni-based conclusions a great deal. Which of course can cause me a lot of stress, but it stops me from the "magical thinking" which quite a lot of INFJs seem prone to (ie. "I have never been wrong about anyone ever.") Although I have decided that I am going to allow myself just a little more magical thinking. It seems that my Ni-based conclusions are very often right and that I have more trouble when I suppress them. However, I think it's always good to question and sense-check hunches and intuitions.

I have strong Fe and some of the 6 sp-first descriptions I read fit well with that as well. Some 6 sp-first descriptions focus very heavily on the seeking of material safety and security...which doesn't fit me so much. Well, it fits as in my home tends to be a sort of cosy messy nest (and I have noticed that when I sit down ANYWHERE I tend to create a nest around me very quickly..a bit creepy) and I tend to think about possible safety hazards and the like, and have a couple of somewhat related phobias. But some descriptions emphasized that 6 sp-first tends to "go towards" people in a sort of pre-emptive strike/defusing danger way, to protect themselves from "emotional danger". That makes SO MUCH sense for me...and fits with the type of INFJ I am.

I've heard that 6s tend to be S rather than N, but I'm not sure why that's supposed to be the case. I think on this forum there are just a few INFJ 6s, and I can think also of either a few or one ENFP, ISFP, ISTP, and ENFJ.
    I see my issue that although I have a lot of the sixes characteristics I tend to play them more then I need to, in sort of a defense mechanism kinda way. The thing that struck a cord in me is that I think I'm somewhat realistic, I don't to bite more than I chew, while my siblings one being a ENFP and the other being A IXFP, both sixes tend to go off and do these crazy things, without a care in the world. I tend to look more grounded not so much heads in the clouds. I save that for when I am alone in my room, and not around people I know There something about type 4's that describe perfectly although in the beginning I didn't think that was so until I continued to read. Any who I feel like there is possibility that 6 is in my tritype. I love your explanation it was very insightful and interesting.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
    Terrific answer, so when your in the world is there a conflict between INTP self and being a type 4, like what other things about yourself stands out from the stereotypical 4 type?
    I don't feel any conflict between the two. It's not like one side of me is INTP and the other is 4w5, they're merged and work together. I suppose what makes me different from a stereotypical 4 is that I'm not melodramatic, temperamental, or expressive, and I'm probably not as sensitive. I keep my feelings on the inside and act based on logic. If you met me in person, you would probably say I'm more like a 9 or a 5 than a 4, and that's because I don't fit the stereotype, and the things that make me a 4 are mostly things that don't show on the outside. That's why every time I take an enneagram test I end up getting 9, then 5, and then 4 in that order. I swear, I always get 9 just because I'm agreeable.
    Likes Zeego liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I don't feel any conflict between the two. It's not like one side of me is INTP and the other is 4w5, they're merged and work together. I suppose what makes me different from a stereotypical 4 is that I'm not melodramatic, temperamental, or expressive, and I'm probably not as sensitive. I keep my feelings on the inside and act based on logic. If you met me in person, you would probably say I'm more like a 9 or a 5 than a 4, and that's because I don't fit the stereotype, and the things that make me a 4 are mostly things that don't show on the outside. That's why every time I take an enneagram test I end up getting 9, then 5, and then 4 in that order. I swear, I always get 9 just because I'm agreeable.
    I tend to get 5 a lot, then 4 6 and 9, but the 4 and 5 are usually tied. I am not melodramatic outwardly I keep it inside. I'm not expressive unless I choose to be, and temperamental idk about that. But yeah I think that the thing that may make me four I keep inside too, I give off more of a 6ish vibe about me. So very interesting. Thank you.

brainheart

EDIT: At any rate, 6s are supposed to potentially fit with every single MBTI type, which probably isn't really the case with any other enneagram type. In theory it's possible, but I have a hard time imagining a type 3 INFP, for instance.
    I have an infp friend who swears she's a 3w4. She's done lots of reading on it so I'm inclined to take her word for it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I can't imagine an IxFP 8....it would be weeeeird to see.

I knew an INFJ 3w4, and predictably, it made him a bit more sociable and Fe heavy in his interactions, but he was still notably introverted & Ni-led in his thinking.
    My INFJ aunt may be a 3 also; she's very status/image aware, but in a anti-status status way (ie. vegetarian green peace image)....but then she may be eNFJ, or even enneagram 6.
    I think 3s are under-typed because people see their motivations as shallow & don't want to cop to it, & 3s are good at projecting the image they want to project.

This post is pretty interesting.....it's about enneagram & MBTI combinations causing "lookalike" effects. It's relevant to this thread in theorizing on how the unusual pairings may appear.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1577858

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    personally i like to think about enneagram/MBTI correlations, cause i think those have a big impact. an ENTP 7 and ENFP 7 are going to look a lot alike, much more so than an ENFP 4 and an ENTP 7.

i think usually you can see correlations like 1w9 looks more like T and J, 1w2 more like F and J, 2 more like E and F, 3 more like E and T, 4 more like I and F, 5 more like I and T, 6 more T and J, 7 more E, S, and P, 8 more E, T, and J, 9 more S, F, and P.

my thoughts on lookalikes, mostly based on experience... (and a little guesswork ;] )

* = prettyyy unlikely combo, lol

INFP 1, 2 -> INFJ
    INFP 3 -> ENFJ
    INFP 4w3, 7* -> ENFP
    INFP 4w5, 5 -> INTP
    INFP 6 -> INTP, INFJ
    INFP* 8 -> ESTJ
    INFP 9 -> ISFP

ENFP 1 -> ESTJ
    ENFP 2, 6 -> ENFJ
    ENFP 3, 6, 7, 8 -> ENTP
    ENFP 4, 5*, 9 -> INFP

INFJ 1w9, 8* -> INTJ
    INFJ 1w2, 2w1 -> ISFJ
    INFJ 2w3, 3, 4w3 -> ENFJ
    INFJ 4w5, 9 -> INFP
    INFJ 5, 6 -> INTP
    INFJ 7* -> ISTP

ENFJ 1 -> INFJ
    ENFJ 2 -> ESFJ
    ENFJ 3, 8 -> ENTJ
    ENFJ 4w3 -> ENFP, INFJ
    ENFJ 4w5, 5, 6 -> INFJ
    ENFJ 7*, 9* -> ENFP

INTP 1, 5w6, 6, 8 -> INTJ
    INTP 2* -> INFJ, ISFJ
    INTP 3 -> ENTP, INTJ
    INTP 4 -> INFP, INFJ
    INTP 5w4 = most INTPy INTPs
    INTP 7* -> ISTP
    INTP 9 -> INFP

ENTP 1, 3, 8 -> ENTJ
    ENTP 2* -> ENFP, ENFJ
    ENTP 4* -> ENFP
    ENTP 5, 6, 9* -> INTP
    ENTP 7 -> ESTP

INTJ 1, 6 -> ISTJ
    INTJ 2, 4, 9 -> INFP, INFJ
    INTJ 3, 8 -> ENTJ
    INTJ 5, 7* -> INTP

ENTJ 1, 3 -> ESTJ
    ENTJ 2*, 4* -> ENFJ
    ENTJ 5, 6 -> INTJ
    ENTJ 7, 8, 9 -> ENTP

ISFP 1, 2, 3* -> ISFJ
    ISFP 4, 9w1 -> INFP
    ISFP 5, 6, 9w8 -> ISTP
    ISFP 7, 8 -> ISTP, ESFP

ESFP 1*, 2, 3* -> ESFJ
    ESFP 4 -> ENFP
    ESFP 5*, 7, 8 -> ISTP
    ESFP 9 -> ISFP, ENFP

ISFJ 1w9, 8* -> ISTJ
    ISFJ 1w2, 2, 3 -> ESFJ
    ISFJ 4* -> INFJ
    ISFJ 5, 6 -> INTP
    ISFJ 7*, 9 -> ISFP

ESFJ 1 -> ISFJ
    ESFJ 2, 6 -> ENFJ
    ESFJ 3, 5*, 8 -> ESTJ
    ESFJ 4*, 7, 9* -> ESFP

ISTP 1, 3 -> ISTJ
    ISTP 2*, 4*, 9 -> ISFP
    ISTP 5 -> INTP
    ISTP 6 -> INTP, ESTP
    ISTP 7, 8 -> ESTP

ESTP 1, 3, 8 -> ESTJ
    ESTP 2*, 4*, 9* -> ESFP
    ESTP 5, 6, 7 -> ISTP

ISTJ 1 -> ISFJ, INTJ
    ISTJ 2, 4* -> ISFJ
    ISTJ 3* -> INTJ, ESTJ
    ISTJ 5, 6 -> ISTP, INTJ
    ISTJ 7, 9 -> ISTP
    ISTJ 8 -> ISTP, ESTJ

ESTJ 1, 5, 6 -> ISTJ
    ESTJ 2 -> ESFJ
    ESTJ 3, 8 -> ENTJ
    ESTJ 4*, 9* -> INFP
    ESTJ 7 -> ESTP

whew
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

I think 3s are under-typed because people see their motivations as shallow & don't want to cop to it, & 3s are good at projecting the image they want to project.
    I have another friend who claims to be an infp 8w9, but I think she's actually a 9w8; she's pretty much exemplifies the type.

I agree as far as threes go. I suspect a lot of infp actors are 3w4s. I read an interview with michelle williams and that's what she struck me as. And she reminded me exactly of my friend. Infp + strong motivation to succeed. Also think of jackie kennedy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I have an infp friend who swears she's a 3w4. She's done lots of reading on it so I'm inclined to take her word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I have another friend who claims to be an infp 8w9, but I think she's actually a 9w8; she's pretty much exemplifies the type.

I agree as far as threes go. I suspect a lot of infp actors are 3w4s. I read an interview with michelle williams and that's what she struck me as. And she reminded me exactly of my friend. Infp + strong motivation to succeed. Also think of jackie kennedy.

That is really interesting, how do your friends interact in the world? my father is a ISFJ type 8w9 and he doesn't really seem follow the standard lines of an ISFJ, Thank you for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

I knew an INFJ 3w4, and predictably, it made him a bit more sociable and Fe heavy in his interactions, but he was still notably introverted & Ni-led in his thinking.
    My INFJ aunt may be a 3 also; she's very status/image aware, but in a anti-status status way (ie. vegetarian green peace image)....but then she may be eNFJ, or even enneagram 6.

This post is pretty interesting.....it's about enneagram & MBTI combinations causing "lookalike" effects. It's relevant to this thread in theorizing on how the unusual pairings may appear.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1577858

Oh yes it is thank you for the link, I find it awesome lol, Soo is your INFJ friend more "out there" and more in the world? do you think he fits the 3w4 type?