User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Story genres by Enneagram type

http://www.judithsearle.com/3.html

Do you agree with the article? I found it an interesting read but I'm not too familiar with many of the movies she goes into depth with so I can't say much about it.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    3w8
    Socionics
    SLE Fi

I think it's a bit silly. I can see where they get the idea, but it seems more like it should be a joke than something to take seriously. I tend to read all sorts of everything, for instance! If anything, my least favorite genre is adventure. It's cool and stuff, but often too little characterization. Never seen Raiders of the Lost Ark though, even though I'm an archaeologist.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm not terribly interested in most horror, unless they're mostly psychological. Monsters in the world don't do much for me, violence isn't scary, but the horrors of mind are certainly fascinating.

I relate to both 5 and 6 genres to a degree [I'm essentially, sci-fi/action/both black and fear comedies/psychological thrillers], but more to 5 protagonists. Which makes sense, as I identify as a 5w6.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I don't think the goal of the article was to say what genres each type likes, but what genres "represent" each enneatype.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    3w8
    Socionics
    SLE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    I don't think the goal of the article was to say what genres each type likes, but what genres "represent" each enneatype.
    ....oh. ._. Sorry, I admittedly didn't read it very thoroughly.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Not really into everything that has melodrama, I do love Wuthering Heights, but I also enjoy literature where the character struggles as an individual facing society's expectations of them, or ones that have faced alienation/isolation... and also literature that centers around a theme of retribution for the main character. I also like fantasy stories/traditional fairy tales and folklore as well. More of a center on the individual struggle of the main character, or emphasis on the romanticism/ chivalry aspect. I also like literature that focuses on a social struggle/ historical event, existentialist theme, or something on a scientific/intellectual theme as well. The more old-school romantic of a theme there is, the more I like it.

But yes, I think that a storyline such as Wuthering Heights is VERY 4-ish. Could tack on just about any other story that deals with individualism in a sense. Doris Lessing's literature, Daniel Keyes' 'Flowers for Algernon' is borderline 4/5, Jane Eyre, Dostoyevsky's literature, John Keats' poetry, philosophy of Soren Kierkegaard... tack on just about all of the Romantic writers, there's quite a bit of literature that focuses not only on 4 melodrama, but also the individual and romanticism.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Do you agree with the article? I found it an interesting read but I'm not too familiar with many of the movies she goes into depth with so I can't say much about it.
    I have nothing against this sort of thing, and have posted similar things here which relate enneatypes to books, movies, not to genres exactly.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Ugh, I hate everything they say 6s like - thrillers, spy dramas and "blue collar man" stories. I don't know what a "fear comedy" is so I'll reserve judgement on that one. But way, way off base for me, and I read an insane amount of books for fun.

So full of crap is my verdict.

The article says
    We can gain insights into our own type through observing the kinds of stories we are drawn to
    so I think the author disagrees with you there.
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I lean more towards the 5s, I love a good horror story.

brainheart

Screw genres, I just like anything unique and innovative and genre-bending.