User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Curious Again

Glycerine

Default Curious Again

So I know I have asked a lot about my type before but I always wonder I am being objective about things. I am going to do a self description independent of the type descriptions as not to bias my own description.

General demeanor: I am a very hard person to get to know. It's hard to open up because I don't want my business spread around so I say tidbits of personal information to different people. Usually when I talk to people, it's usually in terms of ideas rather than anything too personal (unless I am stressed out and ready to explode). Along with the privateness, I am not very emotive or affectionate (more like a cat) unless something is really bugging me. Even then, I seemed to have a delayed reaction to my emotions and have to analyze them to figure out why something's upsetting me. Also, I can be highly stubborn because I hate to be controlled by others and if people try to control or deceive me,I retaliate against them until they stop bothering me. Because I hate it, I try my best not to control others and let them do what they need to do.

Approach to problems: I can be very type A but very calm. Any major problems related to my goals or concerning me, I freak the heck out until it gets fixed. I think of many solutions, research, ask people, and analyze all the answers until I am positive that's what I want to do. Because of this, my dad considers me the problem solver of the family. Other than that, I can stay relatively calm to other people's problems and can usually see many courses of action very clearly for them. However, I try to stay out of it and detach from it unless I see someone really struggling. I end up getting in the middle of things and end up in the therapist role. People end up telling me their problems more than I to them and I hold secrets from a lot of random people.

Social situations: I like to be around people but if I don't think I have much to add to the group, I detach and go into my head. High energy and high conflict environments drain me and I have to get away because it disturbs my autonomy.

That description has Five written all over it, I'm surprised you're finding it hard to pick a type.

• you're private and find it uncomfortable to open up emotionally
    • you have "delayed reactions" and have to analyze things before-hand
    • you can be highly stubborn because you hate being "controlled" by others, yet you don't feel comfortable telling other people what to do
    • you hold "secrets" from a lot of random people
    • you're the "problem-solver" of the family
    • you "detach" from social situations when you become uninterested
    • "high energy" and "high conflict" drain you and you have to get away because it disturbs your autonomy (!!)
    Why are you even considering other types?! It's like you lifted this from a textbook!
    Hello

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yes, you do sound very 5.

What other types have you considered? I thought just possibly 9, as well.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Definitely a 5.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

oops did I say you were an ESTP before? now I'm getting ISTJ.

o lmao this is in the enneagram section.

I do think you are an ISTJ though anyhow.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

* Nines are brilliant at work but unfocused and inattentive everywhere else, whereas Fives are focused and attentive everywhere all the time

* Nines usually do not consider the consequences of their actions; Fives are extremely interested in predicting the consequences of every action.

* the thinking of intelligent, well-educated Nines tends to be in the direction of simplifying reality and cutting through abstruse thickets to get at the kernel of truth beneath

* By attempting to arrive at a grand unifying theory that encompasses and explains everything, average Fives end up involved in increasing complications and abstractions.
    These are the easiest differences to see, imo. Even now, you can see that I'm trying to get to that kernel of truth beneath (I took a large wall of writing and simplified it to this).

I can't completely tell whether you're 5 or 9 from what you've written, I can relate to some of it vaguely (being the therapist, retreating to my head etal.), but a lot of it is different, and not necessarily related to 5.
    5 3 9

Glycerine

I have considered 9w1, 3w4, 6w5, and 5w6.
    I guess the reason why I was reconsidering was that 5 is probably the rarest for my MBTI type (ENFJ) and was just trying to make sure I was not just glorifying 5 and villianizing 6. Also being an ENFJ 5w6 seems vastly different from an INTX 5w6 so I am double-checking.

* Nines are brilliant at work but unfocused and inattentive everywhere else, whereas Fives are focused and attentive everywhere all the time

* Nines usually do not consider the consequences of their actions; Fives are extremely interested in predicting the consequences of every action.

* the thinking of intelligent, well-educated Nines tends to be in the direction of simplifying reality and cutting through abstruse thickets to get at the kernel of truth beneath

* By attempting to arrive at a grand unifying theory that encompasses and explains everything, average Fives end up involved in increasing complications and abstractions.
    I sound more like a 9 based on that.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You could be 6. Do you identify a lot with descriptions?

There are A LOT of varieties of 6, it seems. You sound less emotional and anxious than me, but that could just be the way you express yourself. And though I know I am emotional and anxious...I know I don't come across that way in the majority of situations.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Glycerine

Well I can be very anxious and emotional about my goals and some social situations but as long I fix whatever is bugging me, I relax again. An INFJ friend told me I seemed to be very content with just sitting there with my thoughts. I brought my type Aness and she told me I was VERY type A but rather easygoing and roll with the punches. I guess I am very anxious and type A with things that are important to me but really chill with everything else.