• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

pastebin.com enneagram mistypings

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://pastebin.com/gsAhzZqW

David Attenborough: 7w8 integrated to 5, not 8w9
Charlton Heston: Sp/Sx, not So/Sx, he's reserved and private and doesn't prefer dealing with groups of people. he loves his fans, but he claims he is naturally shy and overwhelmed by them.
Ayn Rand: Sp/So, not So/Sp, she is an iconic Sp dom
Tyra Banks: 2w3, not 3w2, everything about her screams, I'm giving you this, now adore me!
Leontyne Price: 1w2 not 8w9. she seems like an 8 because she is a 70 year old black woman who grew up in the deep South and has sung opera for 50 years. anyone would look like an 8 after that

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Heck no on Tyra. sx/sp e12 estj.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You guys are fools.

I think the people who made that list know their stuff far better than you and I don't see where is your credibility ot legitimity to reform it. As far as I know, your typings on this thread so far suck.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You guys are fools.

I think the people who made that list know their stuff far better than you and I don't see where is your credibility ot legitimity to reform it. As far as I know, your typings on this thread so far suck.

So where then is the credibility of the list? How can you be sure that those whom made the list are more accurate than anyone else?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You guys are fools.

I'm willing to elaborate if you are

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So where then is the credibility of the list? How can you be sure that those whom made the list are more accurate than anyone else?

The credibility of the list is based on the experience of the creators and the whole coherence of the list. The list show a marked knowledge and understanding of every types, and their manifestation, each list for each variant display the vibe of the variant perfectly, and with coherence with the whole list.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The credibility of the list is based on the experience of the creators

Appeal to authority; just because these people are experienced in general type assertions doesn't mean that they are inherently correct in these specific typings (for the record, I'm not doubting the rightness of all these type assertions, but some are either clearly wrong, or possibly incorrect).

and the whole coherence of the list. The list show a marked knowledge and understanding of every types, and their manifestation, each list for each variant display the vibe of the variant perfectly, and with coherence with the whole list.

Which basically amounts to nothing; simply because the list seems right doesn't mean it is. If they gave factual reasons and primary example to explain their assertions, then I'd be more willing to actually beleive them.

I don't suppose you know where the original source is for these postings, do you?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Appeal to authority; just because these people are experienced in general type assertions doesn't mean that they are inherently correct in these specific typings

When you have a disease, you appeal to a doctor, when you want to build a bridge, you appeal to an engeener because they know their stuff better than you and you trust them. Theses people know their stuff better than you, so, trust them, simple.

(for the record, I'm not doubting the rightness of all these type assertions, but some are either clearly wrong, or possibly incorrect).

I think you are not really competent at this, and so can't really tell.

Which basically amounts to nothing; simply because the list seems right doesn't mean it is.

It does'nt seems right. It is right.

If they gave factual reasons and primary example to explain their assertions, then I'd be more willing to actually beleive them.

If studied enneagram and theses people seriously by yourself and with intlligence 'like I done), you would understand it and agree with it.

I don't suppose you know where the original source is for these postings, do you?

I've seen the site where they made it, but I don't remember the link.

B

brainheart

How I perceive the paste bin list: the clips are a good way of showing how this type with this particular instinctual stacking would behave, this does not mean this person is necessarily that type/ instinctual stacking. In other words, don't use it to type celebrities, use it as a means of typing yourself.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How I perceive the paste bin list: the clips are a good way of showing how this type with this particular instinctual stacking would behave, this does not mean this person is necessarily that type/ instinctual stacking. In other words, don't use it to type celebrities, use it as a means of typing yourself.

If you look at the whole life of theses people, they are of the type expressed in the clips.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you have a disisease, you appeal to a doctor, when you want to build a bridge, you appeal to an engeener because they know your stuff better than you and you trust them. Theses people know their stuff better than you so trust them, simple.
If studied enneagram and theses people seriously by yourself and with intlligence 'like I done), you would understand it and agree with it.
I've seen the site where they made it, but I don't remember the link.

sorry for the harsh reception, but I'm not disputing the reputability of the site. saying that 5 typings are questionable out of over 100 is hardly an attack on credibility. everyone is wrong now and again :yes:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When you have a disisease, you appeal to a doctor, when you want to build a bridge, you appeal to an engeener because they know your stuff better than you and you trust them. Theses people know their stuff better than you so trust them, simple.

The fallacy still stands though; just because a doctor knows more about medicine than anyone else doesn't mean that he is right 100% of the time without doubt. And how you can compare a random wiki-style source with doctors and engineers is beyond me.

Irelevent; Ad Hominem

Says who!? For all anyone knows, the creators of this site and you are wrong in your assertions. Give me reason for why I should believe that Doctor House is So first, or why Batman is 8, or that Brian from family guy is 4w3.

You're ignoring the key factor here; they need to provide evidence for their assertions. It shouldn't be sole duty to disprove these typings, rather it's up to the original source to prove their type assertions. I'd say that I know the enneagram just fine, but of course I know that you'll respons with 'no you don't'.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sorry for the harsh reception, but I'm not disputing the reputability of the site. saying that 5 typings are questionable out of over 100 is hardly an attack on credibility. everyone is wrong now and again :yes:

Ok. :) But I think it's not the good way to envisage you disagreement with the list. When I found it, I was in the mood of the student who want to learn. I have myself, of course, my own guessing about many people on this site, some where the same, some others were not. And when I found some who where not, I did'nt try to prove that I was right and the people who made the list were wrong, but I tried to understan why i was wrong.

I was pretty sure, for example, that Tupac was a6w7 Sx/So, and I was surprised when I seen him typed as 6w5. But I did'nt try to prove he was a 6w7, but to understand why he was a 6w5 and get a better understanding of differences between 6w5 and 6w7, and now, I can really say that, yeah, Tupac was clearly a 6w5. I think you should do the same with your own disagree with the list's typing because as far as I can't tell, your typings on the OP are wrong.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok. :) But I think it's not the good way to envisage you disagreement with the list. When I found it, I was in the mood of the student who want to learn. I have myself, of course, my own guessing about many people on this site, some where the same, some others were not. And when I found some who where not, I did'nt try to prove that I was right and the people who made the list were wrong, but I tried to understan why i was wrong.

I was pretty sure, for example, that Tupac was a6w7 Sx/So, and I was surprised when I seen him typed as 6w5. But I did'nt try to prove he was a 6w7, but to understand why he was a 6w5 and get a better understanding of differences between 6w5 and 6w7, and now, I can really say that, yeah, Tupac was clearly a 6w5. I think you should do the same with your own disagree with the list's typing because as far as I can't tell, your typings on the OP are wrong.

that's what this thread is for. I tend to learn best conversationally and I assume lots of people are the same :yes:

B

brainheart

Shades of thomas aquinas' logic to prove god exists: I believe in god, therefore I'm going to logically prove god exists...

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The fallacy still stands though; just because a doctor knows more about medicine than anyone else doesn't mean that he is right 100% of the time without doubt. And how you can compare a random wiki-style source with doctors and engineers is beyond me.

The doctor have not the pretention to be a super hero or a god, simply do cure the disease that you have not the competence to cure by yourself, he does what he has learnt to do. And theses dudes simply type the peoples you have not the competence to type by yourself, they can be wrong in other areas but they are competent at what they do.

Irelevent; Ad Hominem

:laugh: you obviously don't know what an ad hominem is! I questioned your competence, not attack your whole self.

Says who!? For all anyone knows, the creators of this site and you are wrong in your assertions. Give me reason for why I should believe that Doctor House is So first, or why Batman is 8, or that Brian from family guy is 4w3.

I could give you reasons, but it would be long to explain and you were able to understand the reasons by yourself if you really understood enneagram and gave up your blankers.

You're ignoring the key factor here; they need to provide evidence for their assertions. It shouldn't be sole duty to disprove these typings, rather it's up to the original source to prove their type assertions.

In the intro, it's precised that their typings are based both on knowledge of enneagram and of theses people. They could provide you evidence, but they published the finished product here, on other side, you have never proved your competence in enenagram and it's clear that your understanding of that system is poor. So, the best thing you can do is to watch the list, and learn. That's very precious data and that could make you less ignorant, but you prefer to think you are right and refuse to give up your blankers and misconceptions about the model.

I'd say that I know the enneagram just fine, but of course I know that you'll respons with 'no you don't'.

Indeed, you don't.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's what this thread is for. I tend to learn best conversationally and I assume lots of people are the same :yes:

Ok, fine, but it would be better if the thread has been named "pestebin typing that I don't get" or something that "pastebin.com enneagram mistyping" wich really sound "they are wrong I'am right", wich really made me think "lol, they relly think they are that good?". But wathever.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shades of thomas aquinas' logic to prove god exists: I believe in god, therefore I'm going to logically prove god exists...

If he believed in God, it's quite normal that he try to proved His existence. Here the typing are based on solid fondations, not faith, that's all. It's more to have misconceptions about how make nugget, and try to learn why your conception is wrong and why what is wrote on the manual is right.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The doctor have not the pretention to be a super hero or a god, simply do cure the disease that you have not the competence to cure by yourself, he does what he has learnt to do. And theses dudes simply type the peoples you have not the competence to type by yourself, they can be wrong in other areas but they are competent at what they do.

Well at least the doctor has a license and degree in what he does; for all I know these people typing on pastebin could be just teens who may or may not know what they're really asserting.

And off the top of my head, Glen Beck is not 6w7 (from what I know of him he's probably 3w4), Hitler as 6 is doubtful, and John Lennon as 5w4 is just retarded.

:laugh: you obviously don't know what an ad hominem is! I questioned your competence, not attack your whole self.

That is an ad hominem; you should focus on the credibility of the argument, not the person presenting the argument.

I could give you reasons, but it would be long to explain and you were able to understand the reasons by yourself if you really understood enneagram and gave up your blankers.

So basically this translates to: 'I don't want to give counter arguments to your assertions'. I'm starting to have a lot of trouble taking you seriously at all.

In the intro, it's precised that their typings are based both on knowledge of enneagram and of theses people.

Oh my god.

Man #1: Here's my assertions on these principles of typology.
Man #2: How can I be sure of their validity?
Man #1: Beacuse I know a lot about this stuff.
Man #2: How can I be sure that you actually do know a lot about that stuff?
Man #1: Because I said so.
Man #2: But that's not a legitimate reason.
Man #1: Doesn't matter, I'm right, you're wrong.

They could provide you evidence, but they published the finished product here, on other side, you have never proved your competence in enenagram and it's clear that your understanding of that system is poor. So, the best thing you can do is to watch the list, and learn. That's very precious data and that could make you less ignorant, but you prefer to think you are right and refuse to give up your blankers and misconceptions about the model.

You know what, just forget it. Arguing with you is like debating with a fucking brick wall. No matter how often I assert that your sources aren't truely credible and skeptically challenge your dogma, all you do is stubbornly assert about how much you're right while saying that I'm wrong without even so much as providing specific reasons to back up your claims. Go buy a book in Elementary Logic or something, seriously.

Indeed, you don't.

Dear god you're an imbecile.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
wtf is this thread about? Enneagram or logical fallacies? Try putting forth an argument of your own instead of attacking others for using fallacies. If your reasoning is sound people will believe you. If not, most people will defer to the ones who study up and know their shit like the ones who made the pastebin.

I dunno about the other types, but Ayn Rand is so/sp not because of her rantings and ravings on selfishness and private property, but because of her approach. She's a thought leader in ways similar to Einstein, Christopher Hitchens, Al Gore, and other prominent figures. She also didn't practice what she preached, and is a massive hypocrite but that's another story. Don't focus so much on what she is saying, but how she says it and how she carries herself. Someone can change the content of their message, but the instincts represent something you can't not do.