User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 79

  1. #11
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    When you have a disisease, you appeal to a doctor, when you want to build a bridge, you appeal to an engeener because they know your stuff better than you and you trust them. Theses people know their stuff better than you so trust them, simple.
    I think you are not really competent at this, and so can't really tell.
    It does'nt seems right. It is right.
    If studied enneagram and theses people seriously by yourself and with intlligence 'like I done), you would understand it and agree with it.
    I've seen the site where they made it, but I don't remember the link.
    sorry for the harsh reception, but I'm not disputing the reputability of the site. saying that 5 typings are questionable out of over 100 is hardly an attack on credibility. everyone is wrong now and again
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    When you have a disisease, you appeal to a doctor, when you want to build a bridge, you appeal to an engeener because they know your stuff better than you and you trust them. Theses people know their stuff better than you so trust them, simple.
    The fallacy still stands though; just because a doctor knows more about medicine than anyone else doesn't mean that he is right 100% of the time without doubt. And how you can compare a random wiki-style source with doctors and engineers is beyond me.

    I think you are not really competent at this, and so can't really tell.
    Irelevent; Ad Hominem

    It does'nt seems right. It is right.
    Says who!? For all anyone knows, the creators of this site and you are wrong in your assertions. Give me reason for why I should believe that Doctor House is So first, or why Batman is 8, or that Brian from family guy is 4w3.

    If studied enneagram and theses people seriously by yourself and with intlligence 'like I done), you would understand it and agree with it.
    You're ignoring the key factor here; they need to provide evidence for their assertions. It shouldn't be sole duty to disprove these typings, rather it's up to the original source to prove their type assertions. I'd say that I know the enneagram just fine, but of course I know that you'll respons with 'no you don't'.

  3. #13
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    sorry for the harsh reception, but I'm not disputing the reputability of the site. saying that 5 typings are questionable out of over 100 is hardly an attack on credibility. everyone is wrong now and again
    Ok. But I think it's not the good way to envisage you disagreement with the list. When I found it, I was in the mood of the student who want to learn. I have myself, of course, my own guessing about many people on this site, some where the same, some others were not. And when I found some who where not, I did'nt try to prove that I was right and the people who made the list were wrong, but I tried to understan why i was wrong.

    I was pretty sure, for example, that Tupac was a6w7 Sx/So, and I was surprised when I seen him typed as 6w5. But I did'nt try to prove he was a 6w7, but to understand why he was a 6w5 and get a better understanding of differences between 6w5 and 6w7, and now, I can really say that, yeah, Tupac was clearly a 6w5. I think you should do the same with your own disagree with the list's typing because as far as I can't tell, your typings on the OP are wrong.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  4. #14
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Ok. But I think it's not the good way to envisage you disagreement with the list. When I found it, I was in the mood of the student who want to learn. I have myself, of course, my own guessing about many people on this site, some where the same, some others were not. And when I found some who where not, I did'nt try to prove that I was right and the people who made the list were wrong, but I tried to understan why i was wrong.

    I was pretty sure, for example, that Tupac was a6w7 Sx/So, and I was surprised when I seen him typed as 6w5. But I did'nt try to prove he was a 6w7, but to understand why he was a 6w5 and get a better understanding of differences between 6w5 and 6w7, and now, I can really say that, yeah, Tupac was clearly a 6w5. I think you should do the same with your own disagree with the list's typing because as far as I can't tell, your typings on the OP are wrong.
    that's what this thread is for. I tend to learn best conversationally and I assume lots of people are the same
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #15
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Ok. But I think it's not the good way to envisage you disagreement with the list. When I found it, I was in the mood of the student who want to learn. I have myself, of course, my own guessing about many people on this site, some where the same, some others were not. And when I found some who where not, I did'nt try to prove that I was right and the people who made the list were wrong, but I tried to understan why i was wrong.

    I was pretty sure, for example, that Tupac was a6w7 Sx/So, and I was surprised when I seen him typed as 6w5. But I did'nt try to prove he was a 6w7, but to understand why he was a 6w5 and get a better understanding of differences between 6w5 and 6w7, and now, I can really say that, yeah, Tupac was clearly a 6w5. I think you should do the same with your own disagree with the list's typing because as far as I can't tell, your typings on the OP are wrong.
    Shades of thomas aquinas' logic to prove god exists: I believe in god, therefore I'm going to logically prove god exists...

  6. #16
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    The fallacy still stands though; just because a doctor knows more about medicine than anyone else doesn't mean that he is right 100% of the time without doubt. And how you can compare a random wiki-style source with doctors and engineers is beyond me.
    The doctor have not the pretention to be a super hero or a god, simply do cure the disease that you have not the competence to cure by yourself, he does what he has learnt to do. And theses dudes simply type the peoples you have not the competence to type by yourself, they can be wrong in other areas but they are competent at what they do.

    Irelevent; Ad Hominem

    you obviously don't know what an ad hominem is! I questioned your competence, not attack your whole self.


    Says who!? For all anyone knows, the creators of this site and you are wrong in your assertions. Give me reason for why I should believe that Doctor House is So first, or why Batman is 8, or that Brian from family guy is 4w3.
    I could give you reasons, but it would be long to explain and you were able to understand the reasons by yourself if you really understood enneagram and gave up your blankers.


    You're ignoring the key factor here; they need to provide evidence for their assertions. It shouldn't be sole duty to disprove these typings, rather it's up to the original source to prove their type assertions.
    In the intro, it's precised that their typings are based both on knowledge of enneagram and of theses people. They could provide you evidence, but they published the finished product here, on other side, you have never proved your competence in enenagram and it's clear that your understanding of that system is poor. So, the best thing you can do is to watch the list, and learn. That's very precious data and that could make you less ignorant, but you prefer to think you are right and refuse to give up your blankers and misconceptions about the model.

    I'd say that I know the enneagram just fine, but of course I know that you'll respons with 'no you don't'.
    Indeed, you don't.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  7. #17
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that's what this thread is for. I tend to learn best conversationally and I assume lots of people are the same
    Ok, fine, but it would be better if the thread has been named "pestebin typing that I don't get" or something that "pastebin.com enneagram mistyping" wich really sound "they are wrong I'am right", wich really made me think "lol, they relly think they are that good?". But wathever.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  8. #18
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Shades of thomas aquinas' logic to prove god exists: I believe in god, therefore I'm going to logically prove god exists...
    If he believed in God, it's quite normal that he try to proved His existence. Here the typing are based on solid fondations, not faith, that's all. It's more to have misconceptions about how make nugget, and try to learn why your conception is wrong and why what is wrote on the manual is right.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The doctor have not the pretention to be a super hero or a god, simply do cure the disease that you have not the competence to cure by yourself, he does what he has learnt to do. And theses dudes simply type the peoples you have not the competence to type by yourself, they can be wrong in other areas but they are competent at what they do.
    Well at least the doctor has a license and degree in what he does; for all I know these people typing on pastebin could be just teens who may or may not know what they're really asserting.

    And off the top of my head, Glen Beck is not 6w7 (from what I know of him he's probably 3w4), Hitler as 6 is doubtful, and John Lennon as 5w4 is just retarded.

    you obviously don't know what an ad hominem is! I questioned your competence, not attack your whole self.
    That is an ad hominem; you should focus on the credibility of the argument, not the person presenting the argument.

    I could give you reasons, but it would be long to explain and you were able to understand the reasons by yourself if you really understood enneagram and gave up your blankers.
    So basically this translates to: 'I don't want to give counter arguments to your assertions'. I'm starting to have a lot of trouble taking you seriously at all.

    In the intro, it's precised that their typings are based both on knowledge of enneagram and of theses people.
    Oh my god.

    Man #1: Here's my assertions on these principles of typology.
    Man #2: How can I be sure of their validity?
    Man #1: Beacuse I know a lot about this stuff.
    Man #2: How can I be sure that you actually do know a lot about that stuff?
    Man #1: Because I said so.
    Man #2: But that's not a legitimate reason.
    Man #1: Doesn't matter, I'm right, you're wrong.

    They could provide you evidence, but they published the finished product here, on other side, you have never proved your competence in enenagram and it's clear that your understanding of that system is poor. So, the best thing you can do is to watch the list, and learn. That's very precious data and that could make you less ignorant, but you prefer to think you are right and refuse to give up your blankers and misconceptions about the model.
    You know what, just forget it. Arguing with you is like debating with a fucking brick wall. No matter how often I assert that your sources aren't truely credible and skeptically challenge your dogma, all you do is stubbornly assert about how much you're right while saying that I'm wrong without even so much as providing specific reasons to back up your claims. Go buy a book in Elementary Logic or something, seriously.

    Indeed, you don't.
    Dear god you're an imbecile.

  10. #20
    Blind Guardian Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    wtf is this thread about? Enneagram or logical fallacies? Try putting forth an argument of your own instead of attacking others for using fallacies. If your reasoning is sound people will believe you. If not, most people will defer to the ones who study up and know their shit like the ones who made the pastebin.

    I dunno about the other types, but Ayn Rand is so/sp not because of her rantings and ravings on selfishness and private property, but because of her approach. She's a thought leader in ways similar to Einstein, Christopher Hitchens, Al Gore, and other prominent figures. She also didn't practice what she preached, and is a massive hypocrite but that's another story. Don't focus so much on what she is saying, but how she says it and how she carries herself. Someone can change the content of their message, but the instincts represent something you can't not do.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-20-2017, 09:45 PM
  2. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-07-2016, 09:16 PM
  3. [Enneagram] The Enneagram - Understanding Yourself and Others in Your Life (Helen Palmer)
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 09:01 PM
  4. [Enne] handprint.com Enneagram test
    By Thalassa in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 11:49 AM
  5. Celebritytypes/Pastebin=Mbti/Enneagram combination of typings.
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO