User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    5w4

Thanks to everyone, Elfboy, VagrantFarce, Speed, and RevlisZero.
    This turned out easier than I expected. Also, since I keep trying (and will continue) to deny it, to finally recognise my sexual variant is actually quite liberating...

As @RevlisZero suggested, I've had a look at sx/sp vs sp/sx and I think the latter is much more fitting. I have a lot of control over myself and any temptations, whereas the sx/sp sounds quite prone to impulsiveness and 'following the heart'. Sp-dom makes sense as I tend to be very avoidant with the mindset of "I'm safest when by myself", which easily overrules my sx instinct 95% of the time.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yes, but for sex, not to drink tea and discuss buisness and philosophy.
    The way I see it:
    Sp - Focus on Self
    Sx - Intimate one-on-one relationships
    So - Role in community/society at large

To specify sx as = sex is too limiting as it's just a small part of what intimate/close relationships involve, many of which don't include sex at all.
    Other descriptions have stated that sx may show itself as the sharing of deep dark secrets, etc. Trust and the ability to allow oneself to be vulnerable is a big issue of mine, and I guess that's a large part of the sexual instinct.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    To specify sx as = sex is too limiting as it's just a small part of what intimate/close relationships involve, many of which don't include sex at all.
    No, it's not limited. Instincts are anchored in our animal nature, it is our three different way to survive in the animal world. Sp wolf are above instinctively led to organize a confortable sanctum. So wolf are above all instinctively led to connect with and take place in the pack. The ultimate and primarly impulse of Sx is to be the best reproducer, it's about being at the top of the food chain sexually. With human being, it's sometimes expressed in love, but above all, Sx is about power, agressivity and vitality. If you have not that, you are not Sx, despite you really love your intimate and like to drink tea and platonic philosophical blabbbing with them.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

No, it's not limited. Instincts are anchored in our animal nature, it is our three different way to survive in the animal world. Sp wolf are above instinctively led to organize a confortable sanctum. So wolf are above all instinctively led to connect with and take place in the pack. The ultimate and primarly impulse of Sx is to be the best reproducer, it's about being at the top of the food chain sexually. With human being, it's sometimes expressed in love, but above all, Sx is about power, agressivity and vitality. If you have not that, you are not Sx, despite you really love your intimate and like to drink tea and platonic philosophical blabbbing with them.
    so in other words, it's Sx instinct when you freak out internally because you feel like you look hideously unattractive if you've left the house without doing your hair.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Enneagram
    5w4

That's an interesting interpretation of the instinct variants that I haven't seen around...and it makes a lot of sense. Would be nice to hear other views on this as well. Personally, I'll have to mull over it some more.
    And here I thought So, not Sx, was the one associated with power and rank...
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    That's an interesting interpretation of the instinct variants that I haven't seen around...and it makes a lot of sense. Would be nice to hear other views on this as well. Personally, I'll have to mull over it some more.
    And here I thought So, not Sx, was the one associated with power and rank...
    So are about power to, but they seek power to enlarge them toward a larger sphere while Sx seek above all intensity.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Enneagram
    5w4

So are about power to, but they seek power to enlarge them toward a larger sphere while Sx seek above all intensity.
    In that case, I'm still identifying with Sp/Sx most. Really, the wolf/animal analogy is interesting...and pretty obvious when you think about it. You've all given me quite a bit of thinking material. Thanks.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    so in other words, it's Sx instinct when you freak out internally because you feel like you look hideously unattractive if you've left the house without doing your hair.
    It can be that, or, at the contrary, decide that cou can't have the power and intensity that you want if you care that much about what other people think, or simply feel that the need for connection is too strong to still withdraw, or at the contrary, indulge totally in withdrawing and/or horrible neglect. Jon Bon Jovi, Howard Hughes, Amy Winehouse and GG Allin are Sx for example, and they illustrate theses diverse leanings wery well.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%