• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Concerning the Reliability of This Site

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From what I've noticed, it seems that some people are apt to determine the types of famous and fictional people from this source:

http://pastebin.com/gsAhzZqW

1. To those that trust this site; how can you be certain that this source is reliable?

2. Does this information source have another origin?

3. Which of these type assertions are actually correct?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I'm type 6 then why would 5w4 be in my tri-type signature? ;)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A label in a signature doesn't tell me all that much. I tend to ignore that kind of stuff.

Ah, ok then :) Well in that regard, no I'm not 6 (thought I was once, but decided that 5 fit me better within my tri-type).

Silveresque

I think you're right to question the reliability of this source. There is no indication of who the author is--it simply says "BY: A GUEST". In other words, this could have been made by anyone, and we have no idea whether this person knew what they were doing.

I think the way to use this is to think of it as a starting place containing a large amount of convenient information that may or may not be accurate, sort of like Wikipedia (although Wikipedia's articles are frequently reviewed and edited, so I do tend to trust it most of the time). According to that site, Albert Einstein is 5w4 so/sp like me, but as cool as it would be to be the same type and variant as Einstein, I have to remember that it's only a possibility and not necessarily the truth. I would have to do a lot of research to confirm whether that typing is accurate, but at least this gives me an idea of who might be my type.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
I think you're right to question the reliability of this source. There is no indication of who the author is--it simply says "BY: A GUEST". In other words, this could have been made by anyone, and we have no idea whether this person knew what they were doing.

I think the way to use this is to think of it as a starting place containing a large amount of convenient information that may or may not be accurate, sort of like Wikipedia (although Wikipedia's articles are frequently reviewed and edited, so I do tend to trust it most of the time). According to that site, Albert Einstein is 5w4 so/sp like me, but as cool as it would be to be the same type and variant as Einstein, I have to remember that it's only a possibility and not necessarily the truth. I would have to do a lot of research to confirm whether that typing is accurate, but at least this gives me an idea of who might be my type.

It's from a private enneagram forum. I assume whoever copied and pasted it on to that pastebin site, did so unduly :\

In my view, it's better to simply address the claims. If it's right it's right, if it's wrong, it's wrong. Doesn't really matter who says it.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Oh man, Speed Gavroche is gonna flip.

Well, at least it's got YouTube links, so you can make your own assessment! :)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Indeed, without a credible author or creator, the validity of the source becomes that much less useful.

Albert Einstein was a 5w4 if I remember correctly; I read a 700+ page biography about him several years ago.

It's from a private enneagram forum. I assume whoever copied and pasted it on to that pastebin site, did so unduly :\

In my view, it's better to simply address the claims. If it's right it's right, if it's wrong, it's wrong. Doesn't really matter who says it.

Guess I'll haveto trace the original origin then. Also, I agree, reliable sources aside, the rightness/wrongness of type can only be assessed by actual observation.

Oh man, Speed Gavroche is gonna flip.

Ohhhhhhhh noooooo..........

Well, at least it's got YouTube links, so you can make your own assessment! :)

True, although 5 minute youtube links aren't sufficiently enough time to determine types; like for some of those fictional ones, I have watched the series so I do know to a certain extent what characters real types are; the list has Batman and Lois from Malcom in the Middle listed as 8's, which from waht I've seen is ridiculous.