• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fluctuating Enneatypes

Silveresque

Do you think it's possible to have fluctuating enneatypes? For example, I'm about in the middle between a 4 and a 5, and when I repress my emotions, 5 fits me better. But when I stop repressing my emotions and just let them come it seems like my 4 wing takes over as the dominant type. In other words, I seem to fluctuate between 5w4 and 4w5.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think it's possible to have fluctuating enneatypes? For example, I'm about in the middle between a 4 and a 5, and when I repress my emotions, 5 fits me better. But when I stop repressing my emotions and just let them come it seems like my 4 wing takes over as the dominant type. In other words, I seem to fluctuate between 5w4 and 4w5.

I feel the same way with 7 and 8, but no, I don't think so

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Could be. Perhaps some people are just more strongly affected by their wing than others? 'Cause I don't feel like I relate to 5 or 7 much at all. I feel like a 6 and 4 hybrid, actually.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. Your mood and behaviors can fluctuate, but your enneatype still the same.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i don't think it works like that, but i have a really strong 5 wing and know what you mean. if you're having a hard time deciding between the 2, you should read the levels of development for each type, that helped me.

Silveresque

i don't think it works like that, but i have a really strong 5 wing and know what you mean. if you're having a hard time deciding between the 2, you should read the levels of development for each type, that helped me.

I think I'm a 5, but the levels of development for 4 fit me better sometimes, and sometimes the ones for 5 fit me better. It really seems to depend on my mood. Not too long ago the levels for 5 were a better fit, but right now the levels for 4 fit me much better.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I don't think so; often when one cannot decide between various enneagram types it is possible that they may not be sure of their own identity, or that the enneagram is completely flawed.

Tri-type wise, havin 5w4 as you head and 4w5 as your heart probably makes most sense and would explain why you're confused on each one.