• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneatypes with lots of Enneatype-Instinct Variant dissonance

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
call em how i see em

1) you just did it again
2) no you're not, you don't want to take the time to debate your points rationally to you condescendingly right me off and accuse me of the above. frankly, this quote is a lie

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
you're fine, the only thing you did wrong was accuse me of being ignorant and superficial based off of a disagreement on the word "dissonance". under normal circumstances, I would have handled it much better, the fault is partially mine
PS: have you considered if maybe you're an INFJ? this thread seems like Ni/Ti vs Ne/Fi/Te to me :yes:
I have been doubting my type lately, or have always been really, which is why I always thought P. Plus I lack Fe. Where do you see Ni/Ti?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) you just did it again
2) no you're not, you don't want to take the time to debate your points rationally to you condescendingly right me off and accuse me of the above. frankly, this quote is a lie

i agree with everything you accused me of thinking, what is there to argue? it was probably the most self aware post you've ever made, congrats.

and the bolded part is right too :)

B

brainheart

this thread seems like Ni/Ti vs Ne/Fi/Te to me :yes:

Whoa, I was thinking the same thing as I was reflecting on this whole thing away from the forum- as far as chana goes, too- (although I don't see a whole lot of te in action, I don't mean that aspect)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i agree with everything you accused me of thinking, what is there to argue? it was probably the most self aware post you've ever made, congrats.

and the bolded part is right too :)

wonderful, then the solution is simple, STOP!!! :yes:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whoa, I was thinking the same thing as I was reflecting on this whole thing away from the forum- as far as chana goes, too-

wait huh are you saying i'm ni/ti?

and my sweet lil elf, i never woulda started but you called me a fucking idiot for telling you to read a book and i enjoy fucking with you so you kinda were asking for it..

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Whoa, I was thinking the same thing as I was reflecting on this whole thing away from the forum- as far as chana goes, too- (although I don't see a whole lot of te in action, I don't mean that aspect)
I'm curious. Where do you see it?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

and my sweet lil elf, i never woulda started but you called me a fucking idiot for telling you to read a book and i enjoy fucking with you so you kinda were asking for it..

you started this weeks if not months ago. you merely saw me snap for a brief moment about an hour ago (which I even said was not explicitly as you). so please don't try to "you started it". whoever started the battle, you started the war. you even just blatantly admitted that you agreed with all my accusations, thus you admitted to long term trolling me. I'm talking about a baseline problem that you have and the underlying intent behind it, I could care less about a single petty circumstance.

B

brainheart

Touche. But yeah, no it was just this... Elf's ideas are very ne-fi, so I saw the gist of what he was going for and ran with it. Everyone else seemed to take it really literally, like he was trying to change the tenets of the enneagram. It was more of a "isn't it crazy how these instincts seem so counter to these types?" That's how I took it, anyway. I'd probably see it as more ne-fi vs si-te, if anything. Or p vs j

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm curious. Where do you see it?

I see it because
- Ne makes broad statements and goes inward; Ni starts with nothing and grasps the general essence, thus you accuse me of being superficial because to you starting at the surface level is superficial, but to an Ne user it isn't
- you're Ti because your entire argument was based off of a a semantic detail that you thought was a logical inconsistancy or incorrectly defined, rather than a course of action or a general principle like an Fi/Te user would argue

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I see it because
- Ne makes broad statements and goes inward; Ni starts with nothing and grasps the general essence, thus you accuse me of being superficial because to you starting at the surface level is superficial, but to an Ne user it isn't
- you're Ti because your entire argument was based off of a a semantic detail that you thought was a logical inconsistancy or incorrectly defined, rather than a course of action or a general principle like an Fi/Te user would argue
Hm. When I think about it, I seem to use Ti a bit more than I give myself credit for. I might need to reconsider my type.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Touche. But yeah, no it was just this... Elf's ideas are very ne-fi, so I saw the gist of what he was going for and ran with it. Everyone else seemed to take it really literally, like he was trying to change the tenets of the enneagram. It was more of a "isn't it crazy how these instincts seem so counter to these types?" That's how I took it, anyway. I'd probably see it as more ne-fi vs si-te, if anything. Or p vs j

well i'm definitely infp so i don't know about all that. honestly i wasn't reading that deep into it, i get why people could think so-first 4s and 5s would be atypical etc etc but he just supported it with all this stuff that showed a lack of understanding of the instincts. if anything, maybe an introvert vs extrovert thing because i have millions of dumb, insignificant thoughts daily but i usually don't feel the need to publish them on the internet for the world to read.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well i'm definitely infp so i don't know about all that. honestly i wasn't reading that deep into it, i get why people could think so-first 4s and 5s would be atypical etc etc but he just supported it with all this stuff that showed a lack of understanding of the instincts. if anything, maybe an introvert vs extrovert thing because i have millions of dumb, insignificant thoughts daily but i usually don't feel the need to publish them on the internet for the world to read.

this was meant to be a light hearted discussion of how people can experience the difference between their enneatype and instinctual subtype be in conflict/have different desires and you just strolled in telling me I didn't know anything and needed to read a book. this follows the general trend of your responses to me. I am an ENFP, ideas are a social source of conversation. you seem to not understand this concept

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this was meant to be a light hearted discussion of how people can experience the difference between their enneatype and instinctual subtype be in conflict/have different desires and you just strolled in telling me I didn't know anything and needed to read a book. this follows the general trend of your responses to me. I am an ENFP, ideas are a social source of conversation. you seem to not understand this concept

it's funny how you accusing me of being condescending, but called me an idiot and keep telling me i don't understand, like your ideas are so brilliant i couldn't possibly get them. i'm surrounded by enfp's, i know how they make conversation and it isn't this. anyway, i believe you told me to stop and i stopped responding so what are you doing?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's funny how you accusing me of being condescending, but called me an idiot and keep telling me i don't understand, like your ideas are so brilliant i couldn't possibly get them. i'm surrounded by enfp's, i know how they make conversation and it isn't this. anyway, i believe you told me to stop and i stopped responding so what are you doing?

I don't remember singling you out and calling you an idiot. I was attacking your methods and intentions, not your intelligence, but fair enough

B

brainheart

You know, I re-read this thread and, elf boy, you kind of really flipped out. I know you were frustrated because you felt unfairly antagonized but I think it was all just a matter of misunderstanding before you got all angry. And then you didn't apologize, you blamed other people for your outburst. Maybe you shouldn't put your ideas out there as if they' ve been verified, (the way your op is it looks like you took it out if a book or off a website), instead introduce them with a , "you know, this is something I noticed that I find interesting. What do you think?"

Just an idea.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know, I re-read this thread and, elf boy, you kind of really flipped out. I know you were frustrated because you felt unfairly antagonized but I think it was all just a matter of misunderstanding before you got all angry. And then you didn't apologize, you blamed other people for your outburst. Maybe you shouldn't put your ideas out there as if they' ve been verified, (the way your op is it looks like you took it out if a book or off a website), instead introduce them with a , "you know, this is something I noticed that I find interesting. What do you think?"

Just an idea.

that's not quite correct, but it is partially
you're fine, the only thing you did wrong was accuse me of being ignorant and superficial based off of a disagreement on the word "dissonance". under normal circumstances, I would have handled it much better, the fault is partially mine
PS: have you considered if maybe you're an INFJ? this thread seems like Ni/Ti vs Ne/Fi/Te to me

could you elaborate on how my OP sounded like something out of a textbook? do I sound more serious or objective than I'm intending to come across?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Just an idea.

thank you, i mean part of the reason it bothered me is that threads from this forum come up when people are googling and researching stuff about typology, and people might take this kind of thing as fact instead of speculation because he's so sure that his ideas are right.

B

brainheart

All right, so here it is:

Sx 1s: 1s seek propriety and poise; Sx types seek intimacy, sensuality and intensity
Sp 2s: Sp seeks self satisfaction and safety; 2s are all about being loved by/belonging with others
So last 3s: 3s measure success and worth by external standards; So last types care little for the opinions of others
So 4s: So seeks unity and belonging; 4s run away from unity and belonging
So 5s: 5s seek intellectual pursuits, quiet time to think, So seeks groups of people and light hearted conversation
6s: none
Sp 7s: 7 seeks pleasure, high energy and stimulation; Sp seeks safety, low intensity and low energy
So 8s: So seeks belonging and unity; 8 seeks power, control, independence and autonomy
9s: none

There's nothing here saying that this is something you came up with yourself. It looks very much like it might be something you got out of a book. As chana said, someone might spot this and take it as more than your speculation.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All right, so here it is:

There's nothing here saying that this is something you came up with yourself. It looks very much like it might be something you got out of a book. As chana said, someone might spot this and take it as more than your speculation.

nope, I came up with 100% of this :D