User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 114

  1. #71
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    you are partially correct, that post was the straw that broke the camel's back (or rather made it let out a cry of pain before returning to it's previous position) but truthfully it was a trend of several comments from several users of people telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when they either misunderstand what I'm saying, are actually wrong, or when I am proposing a theory and know full well that it is just a hypothesis that I am looking for outside information on. that being said, Chana's posts in the past have definitely been in the "condescendingly telling Elfboy he doesn't know what he's talking about about and implying that he's stupid despite not understanding the point he was trying to make at all". still, it's unfair for me to blame one person, it just gets old having to defend every single semantic detail and general correlationI I propose because people instantly assume I'm stupid. I suppose in the real world, all I have to do to get people to listen to me is be confident and say "excuse me but I wasn't finished speaking" but online I have to go Ne/Te bitchslap on their ass because I can't use my confident IRL presence to stand up for myself for me. even if I am wing 8 and enjoy occasional conflict, it does get old fighting the same battle 700 times
    You know, elfboy, I disagree with your subjective assessment of how other people's posts made you feel. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

  2. #72
    Member Catharsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    are you saying this entire disagreement was over wording? based on your comment about irony, I'd say that's likely the case
    When I read your post, I assumed it was about your type and your instinct desiring opposite things, causing "dissonance".
    INFP 5w4 Sx/So

  3. #73
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catharsis View Post
    How is that an accusation? I'm arguing based on my knowledge of the enneagram, and I thought I had explained why it was like that in my previous posts.
    To be fair, I considered all of this to be pretty typical of thread talk, the spirit of argument. I wasn't offended.

  4. #74
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    .. Let me step back again maybe.

    1. You make a post that isn't really extremely helpful one way or the other. You argue, but your counter argument could still easily be taken as dissonance, using the example I demonstrated.
    2. You imply there's no way elfboy is right, and that his OP is too superficial.
    3. You echo chana's very passionate post.
    4. Elfboy EMOTIONALLY reacts to it.
    5. You then start to attack another member's evidence and foundations in their post.

    If that isn't troll-like behavior, I don't know what is. I'm not saying you're some spiteful, soul-less ginger kid trolling to make up for the fact that people stole your milk money today. I'm just saying you came into a light hearted discussion, guns pointed at everyone, and then got defensive when I called you out on it. I never said you were trolling on purpose--just that you were looking like it. That's. It. It's not meant to be anything to defend yourself about-- I don't really care if you were trolling or not. I was just saying you looked like you were.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  5. #75
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,959

    Default

    i understand the general points you try to make, but they usually show very little thought and have a lot of flaws in them. i mean i assume at least half of them are just thrown out there because you like the attention, but i don't know why you post them at all if you can't handle people contradicting you and take it all personally. you oversimplify all of this theory and change it around to fit what sounds good to you at the time. sorry for having a problem with stupidity sitting around going unchallenged because people are like 'oh it's just elfboy doing the usual.'

    plus you're just hella easy to get riled up and it's funny

  6. #76
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i understand the general points you try to make, but they usually show very little thought and have a lot of flaws in them. i mean i assume at least half of them are just thrown out there because you like the attention, but i don't know why you post them at all if you can't handle people contradicting you and take it all personally. you oversimplify all of this theory and change it around to fit what sounds good to you at the time. sorry for having a problem with stupidity sitting around going unchallenged because people are like 'oh it's just elfboy doing the usual.'
    you just did it again. in this single post you've accused me of
    - being an attention whore
    - oversimplification (I bring up simple points, that is different from oversimplifying)
    - being too general and not understanding the more complicated aspects of things (if I don't understand the complicated stuff, I pose it as a theory, if I do, I bring up simple points. starting with a simple point spurs the initial conversation that can lead to a more complicated point without lecturing)
    - being an idiot
    - making obscenely ignorant generalizations when I'm only pointing out possible correlations

    I don't mind your disagreeing with me, I mind the fact that you continual manage to imply every single one of these accusations in a single short post (almost every single one of them) and misunderstand everything I say in the process. do you honestly not see the obscene amounts of ad hominem in your responses to me?
    if you think I'm unable to handle objective criticism, just ask Savage Idealist, Speed or any user that prove me wrong all the time. I only ask that you quit being so damn condescending and not assume I'm an ignorant dumbass every time you disagree with me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #77
    Member Catharsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    .. Let me step back again maybe.

    1. You make a post that isn't really extremely helpful one way or the other. You argue, but your counter argument could still easily be taken as dissonance, using the example I demonstrated.
    2. You imply there's no way elfboy is right, and that his OP is too superficial.
    3. You echo chana's very passionate post.
    4. Elfboy EMOTIONALLY reacts to it.
    5. You then start to attack another member's evidence and foundations in their post.

    If that isn't troll-like behavior, I don't know what is. I'm not saying you're some spiteful, soul-less ginger kid trolling to make up for the fact that people stole your milk money today. I'm just saying you came into a light hearted discussion, guns pointed at everyone, and then got defensive when I called you out on it. I never said you were trolling on purpose--just that you were looking like it. That's. It. It's not meant to be anything to defend yourself about-- I don't really care if you were trolling or not. I was just saying you looked like you were.
    So, basically:

    - I didn't make myself clear enough
    - This thread's intent wasn't a very serious one
    - I was simply curious why he put so much faith in that list, which was perceived as an attack on his credibility

    I never thought I was accusatory or attacking anyone, sorry for any misunderstandings.
    INFP 5w4 Sx/So

  8. #78
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    you just did it again. in this single post you've accused me of
    - being an attention whore
    - oversimplification (I bring up simple points, that is different from oversimplifying)
    - being too general and not understanding the more complicated aspects of things (if I don't understand the complicated stuff, I pose it as a theory, if I do, I bring up simple points. starting with a simple point spurs the initial conversation that can lead to a more complicated point without lecturing)
    - being an idiot
    - making obscenely ignorant generalizations when I'm only pointing out possible correlations

    I don't mind your disagreeing with me, I mind the fact that you continual manage to imply every single one of these accusations in a single short post and misunderstand every I say in the process. do you honestly not see the obscene amounts of ad hominem in your responses to me?
    if you think I'm unable to handle objective criticism, just ask Savage Idealist, Speed or any user that prove me wrong all the time. I only ask that you quit being so damn condescending and not assume I'm an ignorant dumbass every time you disagree with me
    call em how i see em

  9. #79
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catharsis View Post
    So, basically:

    - I didn't make myself clear enough
    - This thread's intent wasn't a very serious one
    - I was simply curious why he put so much faith in that list, which was perceived as an attack on his credibility

    I never thought I was accusatory or attacking anyone, sorry for any misunderstandings.
    you're fine, the only thing you did wrong was accuse me of being ignorant and superficial based off of a disagreement on the word "dissonance". under normal circumstances, I would have handled it much better, the fault is partially mine
    PS: have you considered if maybe you're an INFJ? this thread seems like Ni/Ti vs Ne/Fi/Te to me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #80
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    call em how i see em
    1) you just did it again
    2) no you're not, you don't want to take the time to debate your points rationally to you condescendingly right me off and accuse me of the above. frankly, this quote is a lie
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 03:58 PM
  2. E with a lot of I?
    By psyche in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 11:10 PM
  3. [Inst] Video Examples of Instinct Variants
    By Elfboy in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 05:31 PM
  4. INTx: How do you deal with a lot of negative emotion?
    By Ozzy26 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 09:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO