User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 114

  1. #61
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catharsis View Post
    I opposed Elfboy about his theory, and I was asking about the accuracy of that list, which Speed Gavroche seems very trusting of it since all of his typings are from there. Naturally I would want to know why he's so sure. Why on earth would I be trolling and how am I "attacking" anyone? Elfboy was the one throwing out insults.
    Which sounds nice and all.. but instead of actually contributing anything, you just kept throwing out shit. "You're misinformed" was the first thing you said, and it took further probing to get anything on why out.. I didn't see many lists posted to discredit the list Gavroche's using currently.. Just seems like you're in here annoyed and tossing clothes out of a closet instead of looking for an outfit. Your tone just seems, from an outside perspective, to be trollish. That's all I'm pointing out. It wasn't meant to be offensive.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  2. #62
    Member Catharsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Which sounds nice and all.. but instead of actually contributing anything, you just kept throwing out shit. "You're misinformed" was the first thing you said, and it took further probing to get anything on why out.. I didn't see many lists posted to discredit the list Gavroche's using currently.. Just seems like you're in here annoyed and tossing clothes out of a closet instead of looking for an outfit. Your tone just seems, from an outside perspective, to be trollish. That's all I'm pointing out. It wasn't meant to be offensive.
    I thought I was clear from the start why I disagreed. And apart from the list Speed Gavroche uses, I haven't seen any other.
    INFP 5w4 Sx/So

  3. #63
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    :/ Rly. "My point is... there's not really a "dissonance" going on... It isn't a dissonance because they do desire a place where they fit in, they just want to fit in with those who are as elite as they are."

    To say that anyone would find a group of "elite" people to fit the bill and never potentially have the struggle of socializing with and balancing out these desires with the rest of the normies in society that won't fit the bill isn't 'dissonance'... makes it seem like you're just arguing to argue..

    Then you throw out a superficial accusation. Having only 71 posts here, I'll feel it safe to assume you don't know elfboy at all.. most of what he says in OPs isn't to be taken too seriously. He's perfectly content with talking about light-hearted, superficial, and sometimes backwards things. Which isnt' really wrong. So again, seems like you're just stirring a pot.

    Then after that, the list thing.

    I know you don't really see it.. I was hoping to throw it out in a bit more light-hearted way. Forget I mentioned it if it hurts your feelings.. /derailing this poor thread.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  4. #64
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Seemed to me more like people were taking what elf boy says too literally vs reading between the lines, that's how I'd interpret it. It's that nit-picking that goes on with some people. Nothing too crazy.

  5. #65
    Member Catharsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    :/ Rly. "My point is... there's not really a "dissonance" going on... It isn't a dissonance because they do desire a place where they fit in, they just want to fit in with those who are as elite as they are."

    To say that anyone would find a group of "elite" people to fit the bill and never potentially have the struggle of socializing with and balancing out these desires with the rest of the normies in society that won't fit the bill isn't 'dissonance'... makes it seem like you're just arguing to argue..
    Dissonance between type 4's desire to have identity and the social instinct of belonging to something bigger than yourself, not being discontent with hanging out with the "normies", is what I was talking about the whole time and what I thought the original post was about: The primary fear and desire of each type in conflict with the instincts. That's why I wouldn't recognize it as "dissonance", and sorry if it wasn't clear, because I thought it was.

    Then you throw out a superficial accusation.
    What was it?
    INFP 5w4 Sx/So

  6. #66
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    /derailing this poor thread.
    Poor, poor thread...
    Sniff

  7. #67
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catharsis View Post
    Yes, I understood that from your original post, but that is only true on a superficial level.
    This one. Completely invalidates the entire OP.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  8. #68
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Hold up...
    you are partially correct, that post was the straw that broke the camel's back (or rather made it let out a cry of pain before returning to it's previous position) but truthfully it was a trend of several comments from several users of people telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when they either misunderstand what I'm saying, are actually wrong, or when I am proposing a theory and know full well that it is just a hypothesis that I am looking for outside information on. that being said, Chana's posts in the past have definitely been in the "condescendingly telling Elfboy he doesn't know what he's talking about about and implying that he's stupid despite not understanding the point he was trying to make at all". still, it's unfair for me to blame one person, it just gets old having to defend every single semantic detail and general correlationI I propose because people instantly assume I'm stupid. I suppose in the real world, all I have to do to get people to listen to me is be confident and say "excuse me but I wasn't finished speaking" but online I have to go Ne/Te bitchslap on their ass because I can't use my confident IRL presence to stand up for myself for me. even if I am wing 8 and enjoy occasional conflict, it does get old fighting the same battle 700 times
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #69
    Member Catharsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    This one. Completely invalidates the entire OP.
    How is that an accusation? I'm arguing based on my knowledge of the enneagram, and I thought I had explained why it was like that in my previous posts.
    INFP 5w4 Sx/So

  10. #70
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catharsis View Post
    Dissonance between type 4's desire to have identity and the social instinct of belonging to something bigger than yourself, not being discontent with hanging out with the "normies", is what I was talking about the whole time and what I thought the original post was about: The primary fear and desire of each type in conflict with the instincts. That's why I wouldn't recognize it as "dissonance", and sorry if it wasn't clear, because I thought it was.
    What was it?
    are you saying this entire disagreement was over wording? based on your comment about irony, I'd say that's likely the case
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 03:58 PM
  2. E with a lot of I?
    By psyche in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 11:10 PM
  3. [Inst] Video Examples of Instinct Variants
    By Elfboy in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 05:31 PM
  4. INTx: How do you deal with a lot of negative emotion?
    By Ozzy26 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 09:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO