User Tag List

First 45678 Last

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Catharsis View Post
    The superego in the enneagram is what controls your basic fear and basic desire; I actually know very little of Freud myself. But do you think your social instinct is in direct opposition of your fear of lacking identity and significance? Because I couldn't read anything like that from your post.
    Hmm, well I think my social instinct hinders me in many ways, it keeps me from pursuing my significance, but it probably compounds my fear of lack of identity. It's like this: "I'm totally different and separate and my interactions with others always affirm this. Still, I don't want to be abandoned or hated or deemed insignificant so I will maintain my separateness while still kinda sorta towing the line and criticizing the social system." Kind of an I can't beat them, but I also can't totally join them half-assedness.

Yes, I get your point, and you will kick the pants off elf boy in an argument. But surely you get what he's getting at, some instincts seem a little contrary to the type (even if it doesn't play out that way.) I know for me I see the fours out there living the artistic life, producing great things and I think, crap, if I wasn't so socially concerned I'd be doing that too. Which is, yes, a quintessentially four way to think, the if only I wasn't flawed...

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I don't want to speak for brainheart, but at the least this quote supports my theory
    It's cool. What I was talking about was how it's strange being withdrawn and having extroverted instinctual pulls- if that makes sense.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

It does matter because you were talking about "ironic" conflict.
    ironic conflict has simple criteria
    for example, I could say something like
    "it's ironic that Kelly cares more about what other people think than Ray, even though Kelly is a 4w5 and Ray is a 2w3" In this example, let's say Kelly is So/Sx and Ray is Sp/Sx. this is the reason behind the ironic statement being true.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ironic conflict has simple criteria
    for example, I could say something like
    "it's ironic that Kelly cares more about what other people think than Ray, even though Kelly is a 4w5 and Ray is a 2w3" In this example, let's say Kelly is So/Sx and Ray is Sp/Sx. this is the reason behind the ironic statement being true.
    Get what you're getting at but I think it's impossible for a 2w3 not to care what others think, it's pretty much one of their central tenets of being. And sure, I care what others think, but it's in a very different way. I mean, my husband gives me grief all the time about what an antisocial elitist high brow person I am. I don't want to hurt my family and I'd love to belong with those in a group I deem (this is going to sound awful) worthy, but I could give a crap what most other people think. I'll be polite, but if they don't like me, meh.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Get what you're getting at but I think it's impossible for a 2w3 not to care what others think, it's pretty much one of their central tenets of being. And sure, I care what others think, but it's in a very different way. I mean, my husband gives me grief all the time about what an antisocial elitist high brow person I am. I don't want to hurt my family and I'd love to belong with those in a group I deem (this is going to sound awful) worthy, but I could give a crap what most other people think. I'll be polite, but if they don't like me, meh.
    you're right, that was a terrible example
    you sound a lot like me
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Are we getting anywhere with this?
    INFP 5w4 Sx/So

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

You seem to put a lot of faith in this list since I've noticed almost all of your typings comes from here. How do you know it's accurate?
    Well aren't we the little troll? I understand your desire for accuracy, but it seems you're just attacking each person that attempts to contribute to the thread.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Are we getting anywhere with this?
    we've settled the disagreement from the beginning of the thread, now for the real purpose of the thread, which is

Share experiences you've had in which your instinct variant wanted you to do one thing while your Enneatype wanted you to do something else
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Well aren't we the little troll? I understand your desire for accuracy, but it seems you're just attacking each person that attempts to contribute to the thread.
    I opposed Elfboy about his theory, and I was asking about the accuracy of that list, which Speed Gavroche seems very trusting of since all of his typings are from there. Naturally I would want to know why he's so sure. Why on earth would I be trolling and how am I "attacking" anyone? Elfboy was the one throwing out insults.
    INFP 5w4 Sx/So

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    he wasn't trolling, I just looked like a victim for a second because I snapped and had a short "bitch step off until you actually get what I'm saying" rant
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!