User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I see it because
    - Ne makes broad statements and goes inward; Ni starts with nothing and grasps the general essence, thus you accuse me of being superficial because to you starting at the surface level is superficial, but to an Ne user it isn't
    - you're Ti because your entire argument was based off of a a semantic detail that you thought was a logical inconsistancy or incorrectly defined, rather than a course of action or a general principle like an Fi/Te user would argue
    Hm. When I think about it, I seem to use Ti a bit more than I give myself credit for. I might need to reconsider my type.
    INFP 5w4 Sx/So

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Touche. But yeah, no it was just this... Elf's ideas are very ne-fi, so I saw the gist of what he was going for and ran with it. Everyone else seemed to take it really literally, like he was trying to change the tenets of the enneagram. It was more of a "isn't it crazy how these instincts seem so counter to these types?" That's how I took it, anyway. I'd probably see it as more ne-fi vs si-te, if anything. Or p vs j
    well i'm definitely infp so i don't know about all that. honestly i wasn't reading that deep into it, i get why people could think so-first 4s and 5s would be atypical etc etc but he just supported it with all this stuff that showed a lack of understanding of the instincts. if anything, maybe an introvert vs extrovert thing because i have millions of dumb, insignificant thoughts daily but i usually don't feel the need to publish them on the internet for the world to read.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    well i'm definitely infp so i don't know about all that. honestly i wasn't reading that deep into it, i get why people could think so-first 4s and 5s would be atypical etc etc but he just supported it with all this stuff that showed a lack of understanding of the instincts. if anything, maybe an introvert vs extrovert thing because i have millions of dumb, insignificant thoughts daily but i usually don't feel the need to publish them on the internet for the world to read.
    this was meant to be a light hearted discussion of how people can experience the difference between their enneatype and instinctual subtype be in conflict/have different desires and you just strolled in telling me I didn't know anything and needed to read a book. this follows the general trend of your responses to me. I am an ENFP, ideas are a social source of conversation. you seem to not understand this concept
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

this was meant to be a light hearted discussion of how people can experience the difference between their enneatype and instinctual subtype be in conflict/have different desires and you just strolled in telling me I didn't know anything and needed to read a book. this follows the general trend of your responses to me. I am an ENFP, ideas are a social source of conversation. you seem to not understand this concept
    it's funny how you accusing me of being condescending, but called me an idiot and keep telling me i don't understand, like your ideas are so brilliant i couldn't possibly get them. i'm surrounded by enfp's, i know how they make conversation and it isn't this. anyway, i believe you told me to stop and i stopped responding so what are you doing?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    it's funny how you accusing me of being condescending, but called me an idiot and keep telling me i don't understand, like your ideas are so brilliant i couldn't possibly get them. i'm surrounded by enfp's, i know how they make conversation and it isn't this. anyway, i believe you told me to stop and i stopped responding so what are you doing?
    I don't remember singling you out and calling you an idiot. I was attacking your methods and intentions, not your intelligence, but fair enough
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

brainheart

You know, I re-read this thread and, elf boy, you kind of really flipped out. I know you were frustrated because you felt unfairly antagonized but I think it was all just a matter of misunderstanding before you got all angry. And then you didn't apologize, you blamed other people for your outburst. Maybe you shouldn't put your ideas out there as if they' ve been verified, (the way your op is it looks like you took it out if a book or off a website), instead introduce them with a , "you know, this is something I noticed that I find interesting. What do you think?"

Just an idea.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

You know, I re-read this thread and, elf boy, you kind of really flipped out. I know you were frustrated because you felt unfairly antagonized but I think it was all just a matter of misunderstanding before you got all angry. And then you didn't apologize, you blamed other people for your outburst. Maybe you shouldn't put your ideas out there as if they' ve been verified, (the way your op is it looks like you took it out if a book or off a website), instead introduce them with a , "you know, this is something I noticed that I find interesting. What do you think?"

Just an idea.
    that's not quite correct, but it is partially
    you're fine, the only thing you did wrong was accuse me of being ignorant and superficial based off of a disagreement on the word "dissonance". under normal circumstances, I would have handled it much better, the fault is partially mine
    PS: have you considered if maybe you're an INFJ? this thread seems like Ni/Ti vs Ne/Fi/Te to me
    could you elaborate on how my OP sounded like something out of a textbook? do I sound more serious or objective than I'm intending to come across?
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Just an idea.
    thank you, i mean part of the reason it bothered me is that threads from this forum come up when people are googling and researching stuff about typology, and people might take this kind of thing as fact instead of speculation because he's so sure that his ideas are right.

brainheart

All right, so here it is:

Sx 1s: 1s seek propriety and poise; Sx types seek intimacy, sensuality and intensity
    Sp 2s: Sp seeks self satisfaction and safety; 2s are all about being loved by/belonging with others
    So last 3s: 3s measure success and worth by external standards; So last types care little for the opinions of others
    So 4s: So seeks unity and belonging; 4s run away from unity and belonging
    So 5s: 5s seek intellectual pursuits, quiet time to think, So seeks groups of people and light hearted conversation
    6s: none
    Sp 7s: 7 seeks pleasure, high energy and stimulation; Sp seeks safety, low intensity and low energy
    So 8s: So seeks belonging and unity; 8 seeks power, control, independence and autonomy
    9s: none
    There's nothing here saying that this is something you came up with yourself. It looks very much like it might be something you got out of a book. As chana said, someone might spot this and take it as more than your speculation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

All right, so here it is:

There's nothing here saying that this is something you came up with yourself. It looks very much like it might be something you got out of a book. As chana said, someone might spot this and take it as more than your speculation.
    nope, I came up with 100% of this
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!