• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram - MBTI Type correlation

What is the correlation between your MBTI and Enneagram type?

• Total voters

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
The type correllations have no doubt been discussed before, but I'd like to do a simple poll.

The following site provides a quick review of correlations made by different authors:
http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/typecorr.htm
Note the coloured table at the bottom of the page.

To answer the poll, look to see how your enneagram type is supposed to correlate with your MBTI type and answer the following on the poll:

Black - More Common
Dark Blue - Quite Common
Light Blue - Less Common
White - Least Common

See also:
http://intraspec.ca/ennea0.php
http://personalitycafe.com/articles...rrelation-according-personalitycafe-data.html

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The type correllations have no doubt been discussed before, but I'd like to do a simple poll.

The following site provides a quick review of correlations made by different authors:
http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/typecorr.htm
Note the coloured table at the bottom of the page.

To answer the poll, look to see how your enneagram type is supposed to correlate with your MBTI type and answer the following on the poll:

Black - More Common
Dark Blue - Quite Common
Light Blue - Less Common
White - Least Common

Light Blue

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm definitely INFJ and pretty sure I'm 6w5. It's down as "quite common". Which is somewhat contrary to popular wisdom, but it makes a lot of sense for me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am positive that I am ENFJ 5w6 SP/SO so white.

that is quite possibly the least likely enneagram and instinct variant for an ENFJ :D

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Light blue. ISTP 6w5.

For some reason there are no dark blue squares for ISTP. I'm surprised 7 is "more common" and 6 is "less common" for ISTP, considering the enneatypes of the ISTPs here. I'm more surprised that the "most common" black boxes for 6s are esfj, isfj, and ENTJ. Seems like the results are all over the place, really.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that is quite possibly the least likely enneagram and instinct variant for an ENFJ :D

I would say it's more unlikely for an ESFJ to be like that. :yes:

G

Glycerine

Haha, I was also strongly considering 6w5 but I didn't really relate to the XNFJ 6w5s I have seen.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Light blue. ISTP 6w5.

For some reason there are no dark blue squares for ISTP. I'm surprised 7 is "more common" and 6 is "less common" for ISTP, considering the enneatypes of the ISTPs here. I'm more surprised that the "most common" black boxes for 6s are esfj, isfj, and ENTJ. Seems like the results are all over the place, really.

There's plenty of ISTP 7's. Elfboy's favorite, Gambit, is an ISTP 7w8. :D

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Light blue. ISTP 6w5.

I also noticed there is no "least common" choice for 6. Which ties in with the idea that 6s can be readily found in all types, but yeah, a bit all over the place... I looked at the other type correlations on that page too, and they were SERIOUSLY all over the place.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP 7. Black.
ENFP ones and 5's are uncommon. Makes sense!

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know, Type 6's are the most diverse Enneatypes of all the Enneatypes, but I wonder what the most diverse MBTI type is out of all the MBTI types... ENFP?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Zebra print :D But probably black with white stripes....

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP 5 here, which is the most common category. Kinda makes me wish I had a more unusual MBTI/enneagram combo.

xisnotx

Permabanned
I usually test 5 but can test 3. intp. Voted Black. (and not just in the election..)

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just found a series of enneagram articles that describes pretty much everything there is to know about a type. More importantly, the poster writes the correlation between each enneagram type and MBTI type. I haven't read through all, but most descriptions seem dead on:

http://personalitycafe.com/articles/65627-enneagram-article-series.html
The 6 description seems pretty bang-on, and explained better than many others out there.

edit: from the article, "Type 6 is the most misunderstood type in the enneagram". Take that, NFs! You're not the most misunderstood! :alttongue: