• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram - MBTI Type correlation

What is the correlation between your MBTI and Enneagram type?

• Total voters

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
edit: from the article, "Type 6 is the most misunderstood type in the enneagram". Take that, NFs! You're not the most misunderstood! :alttongue:

No, Type 6 is Enneagram, NF is MBTI. Not the same.

/trolling

:D

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
shhhhhhh I want to be misunderstood too :puppy_dog_eyes:

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
Light blue, ISTP 3w4.

You know, Type 6's are the most diverse Enneatypes of all the Enneatypes, but I wonder what the most diverse MBTI type is out of all the MBTI types... ENFP?
Yeah, I'd put my money on ENFP and ISTP for that one

I don't know. There's something about the Ti-Se axis that makes the withdrawn and assertive groups both feasible. You don't get that as much with some of the other types.

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Light blue, ISTP 3w4.

I don't know. There's something about the Ti-Se axis that makes the withdrawn and assertive groups both feasible. You don't get that as much with some of the other types.
David Bowie and Paris Hilton are both ISTP 3w4 Sx/So, and they are like from two different ends of a spectrum. :alttongue:

INFP 5 - Quite Common

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I know, according to that chart 4's and 9's are the most common. I was simply stating what I voted for in the poll. :)

Ah, okay. I thought you were making a 'most-common' combination. :laugh:

Sorry about that. :(

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The 6 description seems pretty bang-on, and explained better than many others out there.

edit: from the article, "Type 6 is the most misunderstood type in the enneagram". Take that, NFs! You're not the most misunderstood! :alttongue:

I'm an INFJ and a type 6... :cry:

MISUNDERSTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Light blue, ISTP 3w4.

most diverse types
MBTI: ENFP, INFJ, ISTP, ISFP, ENTP
Enneagram: 6, 3w4, 4w3 (4w3s can look like 7s and 8s and then turn around and be melancholy and withdrawn like 5s)

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
most diverse types
MBTI: ENFP, INFJ, ISTP, ISFP, ENTP
Enneagram: 6, 3w4, 4w3 (4w3s can look like 7s and 8s and then turn around and be melancholy and withdrawn like 5s)

INFJ...really? The vast majority seem to type as 4, though I'm not sure all of them are. I can also see 6, 1 and 9, and maybe the very occasional 2 or 5, but that's it.

Actually that does sound fairly diverse. :laugh: But I'd guess the vast majority of INFJs are 4s, with some 6s and 9s and occasional 1s.

Or are you just talking about "diverse" as in there are a lot of "flavours" of the types you've cited?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ...really? The vast majority seem to type as 4, though I'm not sure all of them are. I can also see 6, 1 and 9, and maybe the very occasional 2 or 5, but that's it.
Actually that does sound fairly diverse. :laugh: But I'd guess the vast majority of INFJs are 4s, with some 6s and 9s and occasional 1s.
Or are you just talking about "diverse" as in there are a lot of "flavours" of the types you've cited?
I've heard of INFJs of every type except 7. I think they're very diverse :yes: but I wasn't talking specifically about MBTI. there are INFJs who seem like INTPs, INTJs, ENFJs and ISFJs (though not a lot that seemed like INFPs in my experience)

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've heard of INFJs of every type except 7. I think they're very diverse :yes: but I wasn't talking specifically about MBTI. there are INFJs who seem like INTPs, INTJs, ENFJs and ISFJs (though not a lot that seemed like INFPs in my experience)

I have a hard time imagining INFJ type 8 (for instance) but I suppose it's remotely possible. (I always score lowest on 7, 8 and 3, although I can see the 7 wing in myself at least sometimes - haven't quite decided if I'm 6w5 or 6w7.)

And yeah, I agree about most of your "INFJ resembles this type" assessments. For instance, there are a lot of INTJ-flavoured INFJs. I'm more ENFJ/ISFJ flavoured. :D

Although, sometimes I wonder if there's a lot of rampant mistyping going on, especially when (for some strange reason!) a lot of people seem to want to be a type like INFJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a hard time imagining INFJ type 8 (for instance) but I suppose it's remotely possible. (I always score lowest on 7, 8 and 3, although I can see the 7 wing in myself at least sometimes - haven't quite decided if I'm 6w5 or 6w7.)

And yeah, I agree about most of your "INFJ resembles this type" assessments. For instance, there are a lot of INTJ-flavoured INFJs. I'm more ENFJ/ISFJ flavoured. :D

Although, sometimes I wonder if there's a lot of rampant mistyping going on, especially when (for some strange reason!) a lot of people seem to want to be a type like INFJ.

Martin Luther King Jr. was INFJ 8w9 Sx/So
PS: you seem a lot more 6w5 than 6w7 to me :yes:

Silveresque

I changed my type. I'm white now. I find it kind of interesting that INFP 5's are quite common but INTP 4's are rare.

darude11

MBTI Type
INTP
I can't vote twice (for my friend too), so I will write it. My friend is ESTJ 3, or Dark Blue. I am either Dark Blue, or Black.