First 123 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rhath89 View Post
    In part I identify with all three. Revlis helped by saying that the tritype together should explain different aspects of my personality, in which case a tritype of the three puts the pieces in place. I seek a sense of individuality and peace, and the knowledge to maintain both.
    Sure, you can "put together" your personality that way. I have my own 9 traits. I can score 9w1 easily enough on a test. But I know I'm not a type 9 because I don't identify with it on the whole, or as per basic motive, or according to its fixations.

And another clue, for me anyway, is that if I can identify a wing-type at all, then I have nailed the primary type. If I can't identify a wing, as with your type 9, then 9 is not the primary type. In my case, the description of the 9w1 just doesn't fit me.

And in the long run tritypes requires a wing for each of the 3 types. But your 9 seems to be flying without any.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I've taken the test again http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test-2.php and realized that it's been saying I have a 1 variant. So yeah another test done and another 9w1. I was reading into 4w5 and it made me curious to see how much I would test towards 4, it was very low. I once again tested very close for 5, close enough that I think it's the difference of only one or two questions.
    So I pick one side, the other side becomes the other side. As soon as I pick one side, then I'm defined as one side. So the one side, well, they're the other side, therefore that side is not my side, so there is a difference, they must be destroyed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP 5w4 SP/SX
    ILI
    Tritype 549

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I guess I could be 5w4, certain parts of the descriptions of them seems so against my nature, but then again that was true for 9's optimistic nature, I can't say I'm optimistic all the time, but that doesn't mean I'm always pessimistic either.
    So I pick one side, the other side becomes the other side. As soon as I pick one side, then I'm defined as one side. So the one side, well, they're the other side, therefore that side is not my side, so there is a difference, they must be destroyed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP 5w4 SP/SX
    ILI
    Tritype 549

I guess I could be 5w4, certain parts of the descriptions of them seems so against my nature, but then again that was true for 9's optimistic nature, I can't say I'm optimistic all the time, but that doesn't mean I'm always pessimistic either.
    I can see how you can be unsure whether you're a 9 or a 5. I have 9 in my tritype as well. I think one of the main things to consider is which is worse for you: loss/separation or being helpless/not good enough. I think a 5 wouldn't be too concerned about loss/separation because they already tend to live in their minds and sometimes even avoid people. I fit some of the descriptions of type 9 and I do desire peace of mind and tend to avoid conflicts, but I just don't see myself as a 9 because the basic fear doesn't fit.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I can see how you can be unsure whether you're a 9 or a 5. I have 9 in my tritype as well. I think one of the main things to consider is which is worse for you: loss/separation or being helpless/not good enough. I think a 5 wouldn't be too concerned about loss/separation because they already tend to live in their minds and sometimes even avoid people. I fit some of the descriptions of type 9 and I do desire peace of mind and tend to avoid conflicts, but I just don't see myself as a 9 because the basic fear doesn't fit.
    I had to think about what that means, and simply enough, I could still feel okay living on if I lost my entire family, but even if I had all my family surrounding me, if I thought I would never be any use to anyone because of some kind of crippling disability, life would officially suck. So it sounds like 5 to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP 5w4 SP/SX
    ILI
    Tritype 549

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I had to think about what that means, and simply enough, I could still feel okay living on if I lost my entire family, but even if I had all my family surrounding me, if I thought I would never be any use to anyone because of some kind of crippling disability, life would officially suck. So it sounds like 5 to me.
    Schizoidal?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Schizoidal?
    He was pointing out what base fears are associated with which, I've been in question of whether I was really 9 early on. I don't get separation anxiety, nor am I negatively affected by the death of a friend or relative, loss has been a part of my life for a long time and is part of everyone's, so it doesn't bother me much. To be helpless, to know that something you once could do, you no longer can, to be bed-ridden and have to be taken care of because you couldn't do it yourself, would be a tragedy no amount of support could alleviate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP 5w4 SP/SX
    ILI
    Tritype 549

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

He was pointing out what base fears are associated with which, I've been in question of whether I was really 9 early on. I don't get separation anxiety, nor am I negatively affected by the death of a friend or relative, loss has been a part of my life for a long time and is part of everyone's, so it doesn't bother me much. To be helpless, to know that something you once could do, you no longer can, to be bed-ridden and have to be taken care of because you couldn't do it yourself, would be a tragedy no amount of support could alleviate.
    Schizoidal disorder can be associated with either the 5 or the 9. Deterioration of the personality can make definite typing more difficult. I still say go with the call that readily includes the wing-type. You don't have to agree with everything in the type-description, it's just a stereotype of the average levels of functioning. Riso's descriptions go into the entire deterioration of the primary + wing-type. If you can't figure out a wing for 9, then the 9 just has relevance for your self-description of being able to get along without any family, but not being able to get along without something to do in life. The social nature of the type 5 in general and the deteriorated 9 have a lot in common.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The type 9 is apt to repress social affect in order to maintain feelings of peace and serenity. 9's can therefore delve into the intellectual realm as an escape. 5's do the same thing but for a different reason. 5's are running away from social anxiety into the world of the intellect.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Schizoidal disorder can be associated with either the 5 or the 9. Deterioration of the personality can make definite typing more difficult. I still say go with the call that readily includes the wing-type. You don't have to agree with everything in the type-description, it's just a stereotype of the average levels of functioning. Riso's descriptions go into the entire deterioration of the primary + wing-type. If you can't figure out a wing for 9, then the 9 just has relevance for your self-description of being able to get along without any family, but not being able to get along without something to do in life. The social nature of the type 5 in general and the deteriorated 9 have a lot in common.
    I read up on Schizoidal disorder and I could see being more "secret schizoid." I have a pretty good social life, plenty of friends, I try to always contribute to the group I'm in and we usually end up starting up parties at random, but I lack a love life, and can't say I ever really had one. Socially I'm usually available, but on an emotional level I'm on the moon, not to be reached without tremendous effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP 5w4 SP/SX
    ILI
    Tritype 549