A few noted differences between 4s & 5s:
- 5s seem more cryptic in their speech & expressions
- 5s seem to speak more tersely/briefly. 4s seem more long-winded & prone to poetic flourishes
- Both a 4w5 & 5w4 will intellectualize their emotions at time to deal with them (instead of amplifying them outwardly like a 4w3), but a 5 will do it more or to a greater degree
- Both like dark stuff, but 4s will romanticize it more, whereas 5s may just like it as purely gritty
- 4s tend to be more relationship-oriented, and may express their empathy more readily. Moving towards 1 at an integration point, they'll have moral ideals they strive for, which prompts them to take a personal interest in people (listen to them, show compassion, commiserate) . Of course, any stable human will be empathetic, but 5s seem less people-focused.
- Integrating at 8, 5s tend to be more goal-oriented, striving to truly master something instead of just taking in knowledge.
- INFP 5s seem to report less that people come to them for emotional support or personal advice; 4s & 9s seem to report this more
- 5s can have deep emotions & be artistic too, and they're supposedly more likely to mistype as a 4 than vice versa.