• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] The Contemplative - 459, 495, 549, 594, 945, and 954

Cantus Firmus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is it possible to be a 459 "triple withdrawn" with a primary social instinctual variant? :huh:

And 14 months later I see this and respond. I'm still figuring out this tri stuff, but my tests are evenly split between 4, 5, and 9. I'm pretty sure I'm a 5w4 so/sx, and surely 549 would be accurate as well. So, yes, it's possible??

I wouldn't call myself a particularly social person, but what social relationships and interactions I do have are very important to me. Even so, I'll choose alone time over seeing people if I need some alone time, even if I've been dying to see those people. I'm a friendly introvert. :)

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
is anyone else 495??

i'm 4w5 9w8 5w4 specifically.
i don't seem to see too many 9w8s in fellow INFPs' tritypes

diccs

Hello, 594 here and resurrecting old threads I found on google is my specialty.

Any other 594's here? I've found several 549's here. I will copy&paste some 594 material I stole from perc:
4-5-9 would rely on their sensations completely. This makes them the most self-focused of the types. Its about what you experience. Like a 9, they tend to avoid things they find uncomfortable (the keyword here is what they find uncomfortable. Not what is generally accepted as uncomfortable). Like a 5, tend to lean towards enrichment. And like a 4, establish their identity towards what they live through. Naturally, what we personally experience in ourselves (our emotions) are a part of what we experience. Since this type is so internally focused, they tend to live the most in their own minds and their own world. Thus, their five-fix tends to gather a lot of information on themselves. Their four-fix and ever changing sensations may make them slightly more likely to feel confused as to who they are. Experiencing this confusion, they may analyze this as a problem and perhaps something that shouldn't be(?). Well, like I said, I'd need to think about it more. But mainly, this fix relies heavily on what they go through and what they live through. Especially on feeling sensations. I'm not really quite sure on what else to say, really
5-4-9: shy, somewhat fragile and a bit romantic, such Fives tend to put on a congenial façade to hide their rich inner worlds from the society. They outwardly appear friendly but reserved, usually mysterious to other people who sense there is more depth and intensity hidden behind their amiable mask. These Fives have rich imaginations and love to immerse themselves in thoughts and fantasies. They are introspective, dreamy, creative and socially withdrawn, but also disorganized and painfully avoidant.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-9-4, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: insightful, imaginative, enigmatic and unstructured

5-9-4: reclusive, modest, discreet and quite dreamy and unassertive, such Fives possess a vast imagination in which they spend most of their time among their theories, fantasies and vivid memories. They have a somewhat bohemian charm to them – they are relaxed, casual, creative and a bit reckless. Usually pleasant and undisturbed on the outside, they hide complex inner worlds in which reality interweaves with fantasy, real with imaginary, the objective with the subjective. These Fives are gentle, sensitive and avoidant and tend to express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-4-9, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: laid-back, unconventional, imaginative and random

594: Accepting and intuitive 5. Most sensitive and withdrawn 5, especially if self-preserving. Tends to be remote.
Source: The 27 Tritype/Archetype Descriptions - Page 25
User: madhatter
Thanks madhatter!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

diccs

Are you sure it's not your mutant superpower?

Pers Cafe has the bestest yugest tritype threads around -- booya

They also have some very concise descriptions of the enneagram types which are pretty cool.

And no I don't think its my mutant superpower because we're only limited to have two and the last time I checked my wings and my invisible cloak were still intact.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is probably my tritype (5w4 - 9w1 - 4w5). I'm kind of glad that there are so many of us here, although my 4 doesn't like being so common. :phantom:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm probably 5w6-9w8-4w5 SP-SO

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Throughout the years, I feel like my tritype stuff shifts a bit.

At the moment I'm 5w4 - 9 (not really sure of wing, my 9w8 is growing more over time, I sometimes surprise myself) - 4w5.

As far as variant, I have trouble telling whether i'm more sx or sp (I'm either sx/sp or sp/sx). I seem to be more in sp mode at this time of my life, I feel like I don't have enough energy to go around and have been in holed-up status for some time, preserving what I have even if I also feel very isolated.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I wonder how different would I have been if I were a 1w9 instead of just a one by itself? I cannot relate to the 1w9 wing. When 9s are unhealthy, they turn passive, I am not like that. I am more aggressive than a 9.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wonder how different would I have been if I were a 1w9 instead of just a one by itself? I cannot relate to the 1w9 wing. When 9s are unhealthy, they turn passive, I am not like that. I am more aggressive than a 9.

Well, even 8s can turn into passive people if they're out of options.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

I think the unhealthy 8s I knew in real life screamed at people almost if they were going to shove them to the floor.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think the unhealthy 8s I knew in real life screamed at people almost if they were going to shove them to the floor.

Yeah, you said it, unhealthy. You mean, as if they were going to shove them to the floor?

Starry

Quint, there’s no way on gods green earth you are an 8.

You are positive outlook dominant...so 2, 7, or 9. The way you talk about being split in two though...take 7 out of that. 7s are scattered to the wind but we are surprisingly consistent when it comes to our internal experience. So 2 and 9 is where you want to concentrate your search. Fe as well.

And that concludes my typing for the year.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Quint, there’s no way on gods green earth you are an 8.

You are positive outlook dominant...so 2, 7, or 9. The way you talk about being split in two though...take 7 out of that. 7s are scattered to the wind but we are surprisingly consistent when it comes to our internal experience. So 2 and 9 is where you want to concentrate your search. Fe as well.

And that concludes my typing for the year.

If you only met me in person. So many people call me negative. I don't understand what you mean by "concentrate [my] search" :thinking:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I used to think I was this, but I think [MENTION=22178]magpie[/MENTION] was right. I have more 3 in me than 4. I think the 4ness at the time I discovered enneagram was really just 3ness trying to impress a crowd of 4s.

PersusLair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
So this post is pretty old....but still I was excited to come across it! I'm fairly certain I'm a 945....sx/so stacking. But the triple withdrawn aspect plays out differently for me than what I'm reading most people talk about. I can be pretty social, I love people but mainly in merging - then I need extra alone time to remember who I am. In my 40s I started traveling and found such bliss in this - I get to connect with people, I did a lot of indulge merging....but then assert my individuality by wandering off whenever I want as well. It's been pretty revolutionary. But prior to that I needed insane amounts of time alone and felt pretty overwhelmed and obligated to most of the people in my life.

I look alot like an INFP, have many friends who are as well...but my 9 stubborn streak feels pretty INFJ. Most tests place me right between J and P but inside I feel quite certain I'm a J. It's just that I forget myself so easily that the J only shows up when I pull away and recover myself, if that makes sense.

Thank you for sharing fellow contemplatives! I'm on a 9 facebook page and this test came up and overwhelmingly most people on there identified as the contemplative. I heard something that suggested that we are arrogant, arrogant in that we wait for other people to present themselves and we don't ever give credit to the fact that everyone is nervous to put themselves out there (with the exception of 8's, who I've seemed to attract often probably for this reason). That our power is the power to wait. That feels really true to me. I'll completely merge and give my whole self to someone when I'm with them...but if they contact me later I'll take forever to respond because I'm in a new spot, even though I'll remember connecting with them fondly. But I do have a core group of people who are deeper within my code. I call them my anchors, people I've chosen to remain close to consistently for most of my adult life. I'm pretty sure at least half are also contemplatives. Sometimes that's been kind of codependent seeming but other times it's felt really adaptive??!!

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm a 459 and I'm not the shyest person. Yes, I am an introvert who needs alone time. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable around people I don't know well, especially if no one is friendly. But I'm not the shyest person around. I'd say I'm pretty proud of my assertiveness. It seems I'm more assertive than many with my enneagram and MBT.