• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype 'Gentle Spirit' - 479/497/974/947/749/794 - GET IN HERE!

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
I think someday I will probably give it a try. I feel like I'm still learning a lot about form and technique.

But I do sometimes get frustrated with my partner, who is my friend, we signed up together. Like she is not strong enough with the pads when I am kicking or punching, so I have to take it easy (same if the instructor gives us a sequence of jabs/crosses/kicks/whatnot, I feel like she doesn't react quick enough so I have to go slower than I would like). One time my friend was absent and I was paired with someone else more advanced, and I feel like I learned so much just from that!

Are you man or woman? I am 5'4" but there are other women sometimes who are shorter than me!

Yeah, definitely wait to spar until you feel comfortable doing it because being mentally prepared is probably the most important part of not getting hurt.

I also preferred being paired with more advanced people for the same reason. I'm faster than I look, so I like being with the advanced people to help work on my speed even more. I also find that I tend to learn faster than most people, so when I took Judo for a while, I ended up sparring against the more advanced people because I'd beat the other white belts too easily and didn't feel I was learning enough.

I'm a guy. Luckily I've sparred enough to learn how to use my lack of height to my advantage. I simply walk taller opponents down, corner them against a wall and start unloading. I've ended up with a minor shiner once because one of the instructors and I just started throwing big shots at each other.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*raises hand* My mom forced me to take martial arts when I was a teen (overprotective mother syndrome due to my blonde hair and over approachability), so I got some knowledge in Jiu Jitsu.

When I was 15, I took the exam for yellow belt and the 17 year old kid who had blue and was my partner kinda sorta ehm..got choked since he was lying face towards me between my legs ( always fun for a 15 year old virgin with a 17 year old guy you've never met before) and the judging sensei couldn't see him as she was sitting at his feet, so she was routinely asking him if the grip was done correctly, and he wasn't able to utter a sound :ninja:

...eventually he turned completely red (both from blushing and lack of breath due to my thighs choking the life out of him), uttered a grunt, took a breath and went 'Yes goddamit!

I was incredibly relieved when she gave the order to let go.

Still, it was nice to know my response to rape and strangulation while on the floor is effective :coffee:

B

brainheart

It does seem pretty four-oriented. [MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION] is it for all the tritypes or just in the order you mentioned, 479?

The more I think about it I think it is very four oriented. Sorry about that. I think there is also a lot of sp/sx influence in there as well- the whole 'playing it safe' etc... That said, I could see it being a decent description for core four 479 types- lots of people have said it really resonates with them, (including some 947s, actually). But for those who think it's too four-heavy, what would you change or add?

(And fwiw I am still torn between 497 and 495 for myself. There is some major competency issues with me, fear of overwhelm and overextension, and I love love love being alone. I would never mistype myself as a seven, but I've thought it quite likely I was a five, often. It's entirely plausible that the seven I see within myself stems entirely from disintegration. Also, the standard 459 description actually fits me quite well...)

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
*raises hand* My mom forced me to take martial arts when I was a teen (overprotective mother syndrome due to my blonde hair and over approachability), so I got some knowledge in Jiu Jitsu.

When I was 15, I took the exam for yellow belt and the 17 year old kid who had blue and was my partner kinda sorta ehm..got choked since he was lying face towards me between my legs ( always fun for a 15 year old virgin with a 17 year old guy you've never met before) and the judging sensei couldn't see him as she was sitting at his feet, so she was routinely asking him if the grip was done correctly, and he wasn't able to utter a sound :ninja:

...eventually he turned completely red (both from blushing and lack of breath due to my thighs choking the life out of him), uttered a grunt, took a breath and went 'Yes goddamit!

I was incredibly relieved when she gave the order to let go.

Still, it was nice to know my response to rape and strangulation while on the floor is effective :coffee:

I was never good at chokes like that. My legs are short and stubby and inflexible. I always found it easier to use sweeps and get the person the Hell off me.

Proffesor Crackpot

MBTI Type
~NTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's true. I was in denial about it for awhile but yesterday I was hanging out at the pool, drawing, and these two little girls ended up befriending me. We were drawing together and one of the girls gave me a picture, addressed to ”nice lady”. I rarely talk to adults but kids and I really get along- I think they view me as one of those strange adults who actually views them as an equal, because I do. I started going back to school last year to become an art therapist but stopped primarily because I couldn't deal with the adult human interaction. But yesterday felt very... enriching. It made me want to teach small group art classes or some such thing to little kids.

I actually wrote a 479 description. Here it is if anyone's interested. I'd like other people with the tritype's opinion on it anyway-

479s typically tone down their hyper-emotionality and suffering when around others. They don't want to be difficult, and they don't want to be drama queens. They find such a self-image embarrassing, and they are certain the future holds great promise and potential, so aren't they a little pathetic for focusing on their tragedy? They may self-dramatize and bring attention to themselves at times, but it's typically followed by a down-playing of the tragedy and a reframing of the situation- "All in all, it was probably worth it, and not really a big deal, anyway..."

479s view themselves as special, clever, elite, talented, and regrettably, ordinary. Attracted to the new, the known, and the emotionally intense, they can feel a bit of the will-o'-the-wisp, never quite knowing where their fancy will take them- will the day be mundane or exhilarating? Dramatic or comforting?

Intellectually and emotionally curious, yet liking balance, 479s tend not to push things 'too far'. They may play it safe in a lot of ways, getting their stimuli and emotional depth via books, film, music and other artistic media versus through gritty life experience or putting themselves on the line (although they likely swing through levels of mania or hyper-excitability and depression or listlessness). 479s are somewhat risk averse- the four may dive into dangerous waters but the seven wants to keep things pleasurable and light while the nine would really rather take it easy, so the 479 ends up swimming back to shore, reads a good book in a hammock and then falls asleep, all the while wondering when something big will happen in their life, when they will finally reach their full magnitude.

The 479s' tendency to take the easier road can quite likely lead to a regretful place where they find themselves mired with difficult questions: "Why do I fall so easily? When will I get my drive, determination and self-discipline? What will it take for me to stay committed to one thing, no matter how difficult it is? When is my life going to be how I expected it to be?" These questions (and the failings they acknowledge) may lead to depression and a loss of self-esteem, but that doesn't mean thinking about them and recognizing their flaws is going to get them anywhere. The only way 479s will truly have lives which please them is through sucking it up and getting down to business. This doesn't mean a life of drudgery, but rather acknowledging what matters to them and making it manifest- honestly expressing their emotional range vs sugar-coating it; recognizing that potential doesn't equate ability and experience (and then making a point of acquiring that experience and ability); and not getting tired and apathetic when life throws challenges their way.

With accomplishments and self-fulfillment, 479s can't help but recognize that they possess great worth. They are innovative and creative in an inspired and life-affirming way. They see beauty in all things and beings and recognize the necessity of both pleasure and pain. They are wholly aware that they are entirely unique yet simultaneously connected to every living being, and they are joyful to be living their life, with all its messiness, struggles, and simple pleasures.

Core Fours will have a harder edge and go deeper. They will be more emotionally expressive and darker than the 974 or 749.
Core Sevens will be lighter and more energetic. They will be more upbeat, fun, and enthusiastic/excitable than the 974 or 479.
Core Nines will be more gentle and accommodating. They will be more easy-going, relaxed, and have more of a healing presence than the 479 or 749.

Differentiate 479 and 478 cuz I'm a little fuzzy about 8w9 or 9w8.

B

brainheart

Differentiate 479 and 478 cuz I'm a little fuzzy about 8w9 or 9w8.

It's all about the difference between eight and nine. Do some research.

I would also add that I think depending on core type it plays out like this-

479- the positive four (probably so/sx)

947- the frustrated nine (probably sx/sp)

749- the withdrawn seven (probably sp/sx)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
749- the withdrawn seven (probably sp/sx)

sx/so - Look at me derpin around :bananallama:

I agree though, 749 is probably the most withdrawn seven. Actually I agree with all three you listed! I'll need to have these written somewhere in case I ever encounter a 479 or 947.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am trying to decide if I am 973, 974, 793 or 794…
I know 9w1 and 7w6 are in the first two slots.
For the 4 or 3, I was thinking 4w5, 4w3, or 3w4.
The heart is third in me, which is ironic since I am an ENFP.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is 479 a likely tri-type for INFP?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Probably not one of the most common, but still possible. I identify as 479 although 459 is a very close second.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Like [MENTION=9552]momental[/MENTION] said, it's probably common among NFPs in general. Most ENFPs are type 7, most INFPs are type 4. Both ENFPs and INFPs also identify as 9 quite a few times and there are plenty of ENFP 4s as well. Also there are some INFP 7s out there - whether the self-typings are accurate or not, I don't know. But if 4, 7, and 9 are all common types among the NFPs then I'd venture to say 479 is a common tritype for them! I could see it for SFPs as well, particularly ISFP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey all you other people of this tritype. do you think it fits me better than 729 or 728?

i'm not very extroverted. i like 4ish music

i took a test last night that said 7w8 4w3 9w8

anybody know me well enough to have an opinion?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hey all you other people of this tritype. do you think it fits me better than 729 or 728?

I could see you being one of us, yes :)

You're definitely a 7 though, but I do think that you're more likely 4 than 2 in your tritype and that the 2 is probably from behaviours you recognise from when you're stressing.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could see you being one of us, yes :)

You're definitely a 7 though, but I do think that you're more likely 4 than 2 in your tritype and that the 2 is probably from behaviours you recognise from when you're stressing.

maybe right? shit...i think i was rejecting 4 because i was comparing it to my bf who's 4w5 but the 4w3 feels quite different probably...plus it's not my core type.

and 7w8 is less extroverted feeling then 7w6 i think.

shit idk

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
H
Like [MENTION=9552]momental[/MENTION] said, it's probably common among NFPs in general. Most ENFPs are type 7, most INFPs are type 4. Both ENFPs and INFPs also identify as 9 quite a few times and there are plenty of ENFP 4s as well. Also there are some INFP 7s out there - whether the self-typings are accurate or not, I don't know. But if 4, 7, and 9 are all common types among the NFPs then I'd venture to say 479 is a common tritype for them! I could see it for SFPs as well, particularly ISFP.
I have finally decided on 729 over 794. I decided that I use 9 after I bust my but trying to help you (If I can't get away first…)
What I don't get is I took several instinct tests, all of them tell me I am So/Sx, but I feel So/Sp…

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

What's your experience with conflict and anger?

My instinctive reaction is to think 8 over 9. Your relationship with anger would be telling.

As for the 4 v 2 with 79.

279 is triple positive while 479 has a need/desire to portray themselves as positive to those around them however there is inner conflict with that. I struggled to type my heart fix for a long time, always ignored 4 because of the view it's depressive which conflicted with my image of being un-apologetically up-beat. These snippits while short and general are what clicked for me.

All of the 79 combinations are somewhat positive. The 279 is focused on being pleasant. The 379 the most positive. The 479 Is positive outwardly but doesn't always feel it.

The 479 report that they fear that if they show negative emotions they might be rejected.

I have a need to only express positive moods, and my point of shame is all things 4 related, I fear showing my dark, depressive, "emo" side because I get positive feedback when showing the pleasant, positive and fun 9&7 combo and expect the other would bring people down which would result in my being pushed away. I see 4 as the internal conflict of a 479 tritype, the enjoyment of indulging in a melancholy state for the intensity of emotions it can bring whilst simultaneously always having a desire to be optimistic and happy. I don't see that same dynamic happening for a 2 or 3 fix.

A

Anew Leaf

Hmm, I want to say that your gut fix vibes more like it's 8w9 than 9w8.

Just an overall sense that you are close but not quite the 749 combo.

But that is just me. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, I want to say that your gut fix vibes more like it's 8w9 than 9w8.

Just an overall sense that you are close but not quite the 749 combo.

But that is just me. :)

you calling me aggressive woman!!!!??

no really you might be right. if i claim 748 do i get to put this in my sig? cuz it's kind of awesome.

784--visionary, powerful and aesthetically brilliant, always ahead of the curve