• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype 'Gentle Spirit' - 479/497/974/947/749/794 - GET IN HERE!

G

Glycerine

I am pretty sure my mom is one.... 974 (maybe 947). For awhile, I mistook her for a 2.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's true. I was in denial about it for awhile but yesterday I was hanging out at the pool, drawing, and these two little girls ended up befriending me. We were drawing together and one of the girls gave me a picture, addressed to ”nice lady”. I rarely talk to adults but kids and I really get along- I think they view me as one of those strange adults who actually views them as an equal, because I do. I started going back to school last year to become an art therapist but stopped primarily because I couldn't deal with the adult human interaction. But yesterday felt very... enriching. It made me want to teach small group art classes or some such thing to little kids.

I actually wrote a 479 description. Here it is if anyone's interested. I'd like other people with the tritype's opinion on it anyway-

479s typically tone down their hyper-emotionality and suffering when around others. They don't want to be difficult, and they don't want to be drama queens. They find such a self-image embarrassing, and they are certain the future holds great promise and potential, so aren't they a little pathetic for focusing on their tragedy? They may self-dramatize and bring attention to themselves at times, but it's typically followed by a down-playing of the tragedy and a reframing of the situation- "All in all, it was probably worth it, and not really a big deal, anyway..."

479s view themselves as special, clever, elite, talented, and regrettably, ordinary. Attracted to the new, the known, and the emotionally intense, they can feel a bit of the will-o'-the-wisp, never quite knowing where their fancy will take them- will the day be mundane or exhilarating? Dramatic or comforting?

Intellectually and emotionally curious, yet liking balance, 479s tend not to push things 'too far'. They may play it safe in a lot of ways, getting their stimuli and emotional depth via books, film, music and other artistic media versus through gritty life experience or putting themselves on the line (although they likely swing through levels of mania or hyper-excitability and depression or listlessness). 479s are somewhat risk averse- the four may dive into dangerous waters but the seven wants to keep things pleasurable and light while the nine would really rather take it easy, so the 479 ends up swimming back to shore, reads a good book in a hammock and then falls asleep, all the while wondering when something big will happen in their life, when they will finally reach their full magnitude.

The 479s' tendency to take the easier road can quite likely lead to a regretful place where they find themselves mired with difficult questions: "Why do I fall so easily? When will I get my drive, determination and self-discipline? What will it take for me to stay committed to one thing, no matter how difficult it is? When is my life going to be how I expected it to be?" These questions (and the failings they acknowledge) may lead to depression and a loss of self-esteem, but that doesn't mean thinking about them and recognizing their flaws is going to get them anywhere. The only way 479s will truly have lives which please them is through sucking it up and getting down to business. This doesn't mean a life of drudgery, but rather acknowledging what matters to them and making it manifest- honestly expressing their emotional range vs sugar-coating it; recognizing that potential doesn't equate ability and experience (and then making a point of acquiring that experience and ability); and not getting tired and apathetic when life throws challenges their way.

With accomplishments and self-fulfillment, 479s can't help but recognize that they possess great worth. They are innovative and creative in an inspired and life-affirming way. They see beauty in all things and beings and recognize the necessity of both pleasure and pain. They are wholly aware that they are entirely unique yet simultaneously connected to every living being, and they are joyful to be living their life, with all its messiness, struggles, and simple pleasures.

Core Fours will have a harder edge and go deeper. They will be more emotionally expressive and darker than the 974 or 749.
Core Sevens will be lighter and more energetic. They will be more upbeat, fun, and enthusiastic/excitable than the 974 or 479.
Core Nines will be more gentle and accommodating. They will be more easy-going, relaxed, and have more of a healing presence than the 479 or 749.

I :heart: it...it is perfect :wubbie:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's thread is just another proof that tritype is just a pure bullshit.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
Do any of you other "Gentle Spirits" take part in martial arts classes? Funnily enough, I've actually had to learn to tone things down a bit when sparring because I tend to go too hard.

gromit

likes this
Do any of you other "Gentle Spirits" take part in martial arts classes? Funnily enough, I've actually had to learn to tone things down a bit when sparring because I tend to go too hard.

I have been getting into boxing/kickboxing lately. Haven't done any sparring yet, still learning a lot of the moves, but I love the workout, and I was surprised how much I actually like some of the contact stuff.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I did Shotokan Karate for 6 years. I have a brown belt. I never had to intentionally tone it down. I was actually the guy that sensei would pair with the younger girls when they were just starting out because I had great control and could teach them and show them when they were beaten without hurting them.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
I always got paired with kids at the one kickboxing school I went too because I could go light if I really tried and possibly because I was the shortest adult there (at 5'7). If I really get into it though, I usually either have the instructors switch partners on me or my partner wants to switch because I tend to go a bit hard (probably due to having two 8 wings in my trifix).

If you're anything like me gromit, you'll love sparring. I find the best way to test how well you're coming along and develop your own fighting style is by getting right in there and sparring. It's how I developed my style and found out that I can take a good shot. :tongue10:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Alrighty 479's...let's hear some reports on what life as a 'Gentle Spirit' aka the crazy Pixie is like. Time for some thread necromancy. @Cze Cze, time to tend to your thread, girl :alltongue:

Any of you turned into masseuses/ holistic practitioners/ doctors/ nurses/ other health care practitioners yet? ;)

Haha, sorry I'm late. My handle has no space in between Czes so I didn't see this :p

The fact Thai thread has grown makes me :cry: with joy

Let our numbers swell and then we shall take over - oh wait, we don't do that kind of violent empire building stuffs :p

It's true. I was in denial about it for awhile but yesterday I was hanging out at the pool, drawing, and these two little girls ended up befriending me. We were drawing together and one of the girls gave me a picture, addressed to ”nice lady”. I rarely talk to adults but kids and I really get along- I think they view me as one of those strange adults who actually views them as an equal, because I do. I started going back to school last year to become an art therapist but stopped primarily because I couldn't deal with the adult human interaction. But yesterday felt very... enriching. It made me want to teach small group art classes or some such thing to little kids.

I actually wrote a 479 description. Here it is if anyone's interested. I'd like other people with the tritype's opinion on it anyway-

479s typically tone down their hyper-emotionality and suffering when around others. They don't want to be difficult, and they don't want to be drama queens. They find such a self-image embarrassing, and they are certain the future holds great promise and potential, so aren't they a little pathetic for focusing on their tragedy? They may self-dramatize and bring attention to themselves at times, but it's typically followed by a down-playing of the tragedy and a reframing of the situation- "All in all, it was probably worth it, and not really a big deal, anyway..."

479s view themselves as special, clever, elite, talented, and regrettably, ordinary. Attracted to the new, the known, and the emotionally intense, they can feel a bit of the will-o'-the-wisp, never quite knowing where their fancy will take them- will the day be mundane or exhilarating? Dramatic or comforting?

Intellectually and emotionally curious, yet liking balance, 479s tend not to push things 'too far'. They may play it safe in a lot of ways, getting their stimuli and emotional depth via books, film, music and other artistic media versus through gritty life experience or putting themselves on the line (although they likely swing through levels of mania or hyper-excitability and depression or listlessness). 479s are somewhat risk averse- the four may dive into dangerous waters but the seven wants to keep things pleasurable and light while the nine would really rather take it easy, so the 479 ends up swimming back to shore, reads a good book in a hammock and then falls asleep, all the while wondering when something big will happen in their life, when they will finally reach their full magnitude.

The 479s' tendency to take the easier road can quite likely lead to a regretful place where they find themselves mired with difficult questions: "Why do I fall so easily? When will I get my drive, determination and self-discipline? What will it take for me to stay committed to one thing, no matter how difficult it is? When is my life going to be how I expected it to be?" These questions (and the failings they acknowledge) may lead to depression and a loss of self-esteem, but that doesn't mean thinking about them and recognizing their flaws is going to get them anywhere. The only way 479s will truly have lives which please them is through sucking it up and getting down to business. This doesn't mean a life of drudgery, but rather acknowledging what matters to them and making it manifest- honestly expressing their emotional range vs sugar-coating it; recognizing that potential doesn't equate ability and experience (and then making a point of acquiring that experience and ability); and not getting tired and apathetic when life throws challenges their way.

With accomplishments and self-fulfillment, 479s can't help but recognize that they possess great worth. They are innovative and creative in an inspired and life-affirming way. They see beauty in all things and beings and recognize the necessity of both pleasure and pain. They are wholly aware that they are entirely unique yet simultaneously connected to every living being, and they are joyful to be living their life, with all its messiness, struggles, and simple pleasures.

Core Fours will have a harder edge and go deeper. They will be more emotionally expressive and darker than the 974 or 749.
Core Sevens will be lighter and more energetic. They will be more upbeat, fun, and enthusiastic/excitable than the 974 or 479.
Core Nines will be more gentle and accommodating. They will be more easy-going, relaxed, and have more of a healing presence than the 479 or 749.

Does this resonate with others? [MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION]? Because it resonates with me and makes me feel very depressed... :cry:

I have an exceptionally hard time applying myself over the long haul even though in theory I should be able to handle XYZ easily.

Been doing a lot of Enneagram reading lately. I'm revising this to 7w6/4w5/9w8.

That settles it WE ARE TWINS?!?!?!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Alrighty 479's...let's hear some reports on what life as a 'Gentle Spirit' aka the crazy Pixie is like. Time for some thread necromancy. @Cze Cze, time to tend to your thread, girl :alltongue:

Any of you turned into masseuses/ holistic practitioners/ doctors/ nurses/ other health care practitioners yet? ;)

Haha, sorry I'm late. My handle has no space in between Czes so I didn't see this :p

The fact Thai thread has grown makes me :cry: with joy

Let our numbers swell and then we shall take over - oh wait, we don't do that kind of violent empire building stuffs :p

Does this resonate with others? [MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION]? Because it resonates with me and makes me feel very depressed... :cry:

I have an exceptionally hard time applying myself over the long haul even though in theory I should be able to handle XYZ easily.

Been doing a lot of Enneagram reading lately. I'm revising this to 7w6/4w5/9w8.

That settles it WE ARE TWINS?!?!?!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Shortnsweet..ehhm, changed tritype, hon :peepwall:

Try [MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION] ;)

gromit

likes this
Don't really relate that well. Seems more 4 oriented.

It does seem pretty four-oriented. [MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION] is it for all the tritypes or just in the order you mentioned, 479?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
649 for me, sorry!!

gromit

likes this
I always got paired with kids at the one kickboxing school I went too because I could go light if I really tried and possibly because I was the shortest adult there (at 5'7). If I really get into it though, I usually either have the instructors switch partners on me or my partner wants to switch because I tend to go a bit hard (probably due to having two 8 wings in my trifix).

If you're anything like me gromit, you'll love sparring. I find the best way to test how well you're coming along and develop your own fighting style is by getting right in there and sparring. It's how I developed my style and found out that I can take a good shot. :tongue10:

I think someday I will probably give it a try. I feel like I'm still learning a lot about form and technique.

But I do sometimes get frustrated with my partner, who is my friend, we signed up together. Like she is not strong enough with the pads when I am kicking or punching, so I have to take it easy (same if the instructor gives us a sequence of jabs/crosses/kicks/whatnot, I feel like she doesn't react quick enough so I have to go slower than I would like). One time my friend was absent and I was paired with someone else more advanced, and I feel like I learned so much just from that!

Are you man or woman? I am 5'4" but there are other women sometimes who are shorter than me!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I like martial arts. I think my gentle spirit might be too gentle for it. Im not sure about now but ws a tween didnt like sparring snd wasnt aggro enough with it. Now I don't even want to play paint ball with my friends bc I don't want to shoot them (supposedly it hurts) my friend said "who cares? I dont mind dhooing each othet? lets do it!" I know I sound like a total wuss now :dry:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I may be a 479 tritype.

I've done various martial arts for like 17 years now or something. Started with Tae Kwon Do. Didnt like the sparring cuz I didnt want to accidentally hurt anyone. Then went into jujitsu and similar things. Lots of potential to do very destructive/violent things to people! Now do mostly baguazhang and tai chi chuan. Though not obvious to the casual observer there is even more potential for destruction/violence than in jujistu.

I once saw a ranking of the three effectve self defense martial arts as being: krav maga, bujinkan budo taijistu, and jujitsu. I've never done krav maga but I've dont both of the others.

479 tritype huh? I had been wondering... <scurries off to go read more>

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I've done Krav Maga. All action no philosophy. Can attract some weirdos and people with no manners bc they're trying to be macho. Also did Tae Kwon Do and kickboxing, tried a session of Brazilian JJ and regular boxing. Taken decent number of self defense clinics. Modern street defense is 80% prevention, preparation, and posturing to psych out potential attackers.

Flex those muscles gentle spirits!