• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype 'Gentle Spirit' - 479/497/974/947/749/794 - GET IN HERE!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So you take one from each of those three lists? I don't know if I get the point of it.

If it resonates with you, that's the point. If it doesn't then move on. Basically. Some love the system, some hate it.

Those who use it find it can show nuisances in their type that their main E-type wont, as well as secondary motivations/fears/strengths etc. Those who dislike it consider it moot as one type tells enough and is more concise.

Yes SNS I'm a 9, as far as I know. But the other two are like ones you identify with to a lesser extent or something? Can it be any other 2 on the enneagram?

It's the one that you most identify with from the heart, head, gut types. So as you identify as E9 you would not have E8 or E1 in your tri-type. Your others would be 2, 3 or 4 and 5, 6 or 7.

gromit

likes this
Oh ok I think I finally get it now. Thanks Kasper :)

So maybe I am a gentle spirit too...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes SNS I'm a 9, as far as I know. But the other two are like ones you identify with to a lesser extent or something? Can it be any other 2 on the enneagram?

Kasper explained it really well. I think it has to be one from each though. I think you relate to a lesser extent, but in some cases, maybe not that much of a lesser extent- if that makes sense.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So what's with the 497 not being mentioned at all in those lists (I had to assume i was a Gentle Spirit *pouts)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
So what's with the 497 not being mentioned at all in those lists (I had to assume i was a Gentle Spirit *pouts)

I thought I saw it in one of the lists.

But, we need more than a mention. WE NEED A THREAD!!!?!!!?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(Rereads own post.)

That doesn't appear to be what the post says. But if you want it to say that, by all means, read that instead, I'm not picky. :laugh:

If they want one, they can have one, I guess.

Just asking! :unsure:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
So just to keep the discussion moving --

WTH does 'gentle spirit' mean??

I'm trying to see similarities in the lot of us that could be filed under 'gentle spirit'.

I'm guessing people see us as chill aka accommodating or not high drama.

Do you guys have an affinity with children and animals? I would say sorta yes, not all kids and animals though. I'm not much of a strict disciplinarian at all. My brother's dogs don't think I'm alpha at all they think I'm their equal (who happens to have opposable thumbs and can feed them), I would be upset but these things don't actually bother me.

My exe's nieces and nephew really liked me, probably out of all the adults they knew I never yelled at them nor was very directive with them (do this, do that, go away, etc.)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Animals ohhh yes, kids hell no.

gromit

likes this
Yeah I'd say chill and not high drama.

Hm. I like kids, I never had much experience with animals though so I can't say about animals. We had a cat stay with us in college for awhile and it would always come chill on my bed...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So just to keep the discussion moving --

WTH does 'gentle spirit' mean??

I'm trying to see similarities in the lot of us that could be filed under 'gentle spirit'.

I'm guessing people see us as chill aka accommodating or not high drama.

Do you guys have an affinity with children and animals? I would say sorta yes, not all kids and animals though. I'm not much of a strict disciplinarian at all. My brother's dogs don't think I'm alpha at all they think I'm their equal (who happens to have opposable thumbs and can feed them), I would be upset but these things don't actually bother me.

My exe's nieces and nephew really liked me, probably out of all the adults they knew I never yelled at them nor was very directive with them (do this, do that, go away, etc.)

I am connected to most dogs and some children. I feel really badly when I see an animal hurt. There was a big husky/collie looking dog in my neighborhood last night. He looked really lost and upset. It was around 10 o clock. I jumped out of the car and tried to get him to come to me, but he ran away. :( My heart just reached out to him.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah I'd say chill and not high drama.

Hm. I like kids, I never had much experience with animals though so I can't say about animals. We had a cat stay with us in college for awhile and it would always come chill on my bed...

Actually, I could see you as a 974. Not just because of this. You should read the descriptions, see if the resonate.

wolfy

awsm
I was thinking about this on the way home. I like animals and kids, I don't seem to dote much though. I just feel the cat can sit on me if she feels like it, I don't mind either way.

gromit

likes this
Oh I thought you were talking about tritype descriptions.

But yeah I definitely relate to all three of the descriptions. I think I picked 9 because it sort of is what I'm dealing with now, but I kind of feel like I might be moving toward 7 or something.

4 was more of a middle school/high school thing NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME!!! :laugh: