User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    What's your experience with conflict and anger?

My instinctive reaction is to think 8 over 9. Your relationship with anger would be telling.

As for the 4 v 2 with 79.

279 is triple positive while 479 has a need/desire to portray themselves as positive to those around them however there is inner conflict with that. I struggled to type my heart fix for a long time, always ignored 4 because of the view it's depressive which conflicted with my image of being un-apologetically up-beat. These snippits while short and general are what clicked for me.

All of the 79 combinations are somewhat positive. The 279 is focused on being pleasant. The 379 the most positive. The 479 Is positive outwardly but doesn't always feel it.

The 479 report that they fear that if they show negative emotions they might be rejected.

I have a need to only express positive moods, and my point of shame is all things 4 related, I fear showing my dark, depressive, "emo" side because I get positive feedback when showing the pleasant, positive and fun 9&7 combo and expect the other would bring people down which would result in my being pushed away. I see 4 as the internal conflict of a 479 tritype, the enjoyment of indulging in a melancholy state for the intensity of emotions it can bring whilst simultaneously always having a desire to be optimistic and happy. I don't see that same dynamic happening for a 2 or 3 fix.
    this is so interesting to me tho that you both would guess 8 over 9.

hmm...

i don't feel like i have any issues with anger. i am not an angry person but i don't care when others are angry. i don't seek out or avoid conflict.
    i will say that i can express anger much easier than i can vulnerability. if something makes me sad...my reaction is to be pissed off about it. not sad...not until later when i realize what's going on.

figured that was a 7ish thing.

this is such a trip.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    you calling me aggressive woman!!!!??
    EEP!

()

no really you might be right. if i claim 748 do i get to put this in my sig? cuz it's kind of awesome.
    I think so!

I would make a stab at you being 7w6 - 4w3 - 8w?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    EEP!

()

I think so!

I would make a stab at you being 7w6 - 4w3 - 8w?
    That's funny if that's what I am instead if 729 like I've thought for what seems like a long time.

But really it might make sense... Tho my type 4 bf says he doesn't see 4 at all so I'm not sure if there's something to that or not. Idk ahhh!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    That's funny if that's what I am instead if 729 like I've thought for what seems like a long time.

But really it might make sense... Tho my type 4 bf says he doesn't see 4 at all so I'm not sure if there's something to that or not. Idk ahhh!!
    What about 7-2-8? (WHO DO WE APPRECIATE?!)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    479s typically tone down their hyper-emotionality and suffering when around others. They don't want to be difficult, and they don't want to be drama queens. They find such a self-image embarrassing, and they are certain the future holds great promise and potential, so aren't they a little pathetic for focusing on their tragedy? They may self-dramatize and bring attention to themselves at times, but it's typically followed by a down-playing of the tragedy and a reframing of the situation- "All in all, it was probably worth it, and not really a big deal, anyway..."

479s view themselves as special, clever, elite, talented, and regrettably, ordinary. Attracted to the new, the known, and the emotionally intense, they can feel a bit of the will-o'-the-wisp, never quite knowing where their fancy will take them- will the day be mundane or exhilarating? Dramatic or comforting?

Intellectually and emotionally curious, yet liking balance, 479s tend not to push things 'too far'. They may play it safe in a lot of ways, getting their stimuli and emotional depth via books, film, music and other artistic media versus through gritty life experience or putting themselves on the line (although they likely swing through levels of mania or hyper-excitability and depression or listlessness). 479s are somewhat risk averse- the four may dive into dangerous waters but the seven wants to keep things pleasurable and light while the nine would really rather take it easy, so the 479 ends up swimming back to shore, reads a good book in a hammock and then falls asleep, all the while wondering when something big will happen in their life, when they will finally reach their full magnitude.

The 479s' tendency to take the easier road can quite likely lead to a regretful place where they find themselves mired with difficult questions: "Why do I fall so easily? When will I get my drive, determination and self-discipline? What will it take for me to stay committed to one thing, no matter how difficult it is? When is my life going to be how I expected it to be?" These questions (and the failings they acknowledge) may lead to depression and a loss of self-esteem, but that doesn't mean thinking about them and recognizing their flaws is going to get them anywhere. The only way 479s will truly have lives which please them is through sucking it up and getting down to business. This doesn't mean a life of drudgery, but rather acknowledging what matters to them and making it manifest- honestly expressing their emotional range vs sugar-coating it; recognizing that potential doesn't equate ability and experience (and then making a point of acquiring that experience and ability); and not getting tired and apathetic when life throws challenges their way.

With accomplishments and self-fulfillment, 479s can't help but recognize that they possess great worth. They are innovative and creative in an inspired and life-affirming way. They see beauty in all things and beings and recognize the necessity of both pleasure and pain. They are wholly aware that they are entirely unique yet simultaneously connected to every living being, and they are joyful to be living their life, with all its messiness, struggles, and simple pleasures.

Core Fours will have a harder edge and go deeper. They will be more emotionally expressive and darker than the 974 or 749.
    Core Sevens will be lighter and more energetic. They will be more upbeat, fun, and enthusiastic/excitable than the 974 or 479.
    Core Nines will be more gentle and accommodating. They will be more easy-going, relaxed, and have more of a healing presence than the 479 or 749.
    This is seriously awesome! So yeah, here's how it goes:

4w5 - YOU NEED TO BE UNIQUE! WITHDRAW, WITHDRAW! *EMOTIONZ*
    7w6 - STIMULATION! STIMULATION!
    9w1 - Calm down guys. Seriously. Stop yelling. Jeesh.

Notice how I just downplayed the emotions part, even though they're pretty vital? Yup.
    http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1076083/platypus-o.gif
    7w6-4w5-9w1 sx/sp ISFP

Chaotic neutral~Accidental Slytherin
    Fi~Se~Ni~Te~Ne~Ti~Fe~Si

♪ "I'm like a bird, I shit on people's cars." ~ John Oliver
    Likes Amazonia, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESFp

It's true. I was in denial about it for awhile but yesterday I was hanging out at the pool, drawing, and these two little girls ended up befriending me. We were drawing together and one of the girls gave me a picture, addressed to ”nice lady”. I rarely talk to adults but kids and I really get along- I think they view me as one of those strange adults who actually views them as an equal, because I do. I started going back to school last year to become an art therapist but stopped primarily because I couldn't deal with the adult human interaction. But yesterday felt very... enriching. It made me want to teach small group art classes or some such thing to little kids.

I actually wrote a 479 description. Here it is if anyone's interested. I'd like other people with the tritype's opinion on it anyway-

479s typically tone down their hyper-emotionality and suffering when around others. They don't want to be difficult, and they don't want to be drama queens. They find such a self-image embarrassing, and they are certain the future holds great promise and potential, so aren't they a little pathetic for focusing on their tragedy? They may self-dramatize and bring attention to themselves at times, but it's typically followed by a down-playing of the tragedy and a reframing of the situation- "All in all, it was probably worth it, and not really a big deal, anyway..."

479s view themselves as special, clever, elite, talented, and regrettably, ordinary. Attracted to the new, the known, and the emotionally intense, they can feel a bit of the will-o'-the-wisp, never quite knowing where their fancy will take them- will the day be mundane or exhilarating? Dramatic or comforting?

Intellectually and emotionally curious, yet liking balance, 479s tend not to push things 'too far'. They may play it safe in a lot of ways, getting their stimuli and emotional depth via books, film, music and other artistic media versus through gritty life experience or putting themselves on the line (although they likely swing through levels of mania or hyper-excitability and depression or listlessness). 479s are somewhat risk averse- the four may dive into dangerous waters but the seven wants to keep things pleasurable and light while the nine would really rather take it easy, so the 479 ends up swimming back to shore, reads a good book in a hammock and then falls asleep, all the while wondering when something big will happen in their life, when they will finally reach their full magnitude.

The 479s' tendency to take the easier road can quite likely lead to a regretful place where they find themselves mired with difficult questions: "Why do I fall so easily? When will I get my drive, determination and self-discipline? What will it take for me to stay committed to one thing, no matter how difficult it is? When is my life going to be how I expected it to be?" These questions (and the failings they acknowledge) may lead to depression and a loss of self-esteem, but that doesn't mean thinking about them and recognizing their flaws is going to get them anywhere. The only way 479s will truly have lives which please them is through sucking it up and getting down to business. This doesn't mean a life of drudgery, but rather acknowledging what matters to them and making it manifest- honestly expressing their emotional range vs sugar-coating it; recognizing that potential doesn't equate ability and experience (and then making a point of acquiring that experience and ability); and not getting tired and apathetic when life throws challenges their way.

With accomplishments and self-fulfillment, 479s can't help but recognize that they possess great worth. They are innovative and creative in an inspired and life-affirming way. They see beauty in all things and beings and recognize the necessity of both pleasure and pain. They are wholly aware that they are entirely unique yet simultaneously connected to every living being, and they are joyful to be living their life, with all its messiness, struggles, and simple pleasures.

Core Fours will have a harder edge and go deeper. They will be more emotionally expressive and darker than the 974 or 749.
    Core Sevens will be lighter and more energetic. They will be more upbeat, fun, and enthusiastic/excitable than the 974 or 479.
    Core Nines will be more gentle and accommodating. They will be more easy-going, relaxed, and have more of a healing presence than the 479 or 749.
    I have to say this trifix seems to fit me A LOT. I'm probably a 4 but it's kinda hard to tell to be honest~
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    749 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I'm a 7w6-4w3-9w8. I only read the first page to this thread. But it was all just very odd. I have no idea if anyone here can accurately describe this tritype.
    Likes gromit, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I think this is the best 479 description I've ever read. The thought and behavior patterns described here are ridiculously familiar to me, and I've observed them in others who have this tritype.

I don't feel confident enough to try to write my own analysis of the 479, but this is my own experience and how I think it relates to my trifix (9-7-4). Core 9s and 7s would probably relate to my experience far more than core 4s.
    For me, it's often difficult to be a realist. Most of the time, I'm either wearing rose-colored glasses or cracked grey ones -- there's a dynamic of optimism and idealization vs. disappointment and dissatisfaction from having to face a reality that doesn't match my expectations. 4, 7, and 9 are all idealistic types, but there's a huge gap between the 7 and 9 positivity and tendency to mistake the ideal for reality, and the 4 tendency to not only notice the gap between ideal and reality, but also to feel sadness and longing in response to it.
    I think the challenge for me is to keep my feet on the ground, being consistently mindful of challenges yet still persistent, instead of trampolining up and down between the clouds of the lofty dream and the dark earthen pit of cynicism. At times the future seems like this rosy thing full of dazzling possibilities about what I can discover or become, and thoughts of potential setbacks and limitations are brushed aside. I may recognize them mentally, but they don't really sink in and I won't be realistic about what I should do to prepare for them. This kind of unrealistically "positive" attitude is just avoidance/a defense-- it's an internal bulwark against awareness that would provoke painful feelings, rather than helpful optimism (real positivity), which involves acknowledging unpleasant realities but, rather than dwelling on them, simply doing what you have to do to deal with them and keeping your eye on the prize. Unrealistic optimism can actually make it difficult to achieve meaningful goals because you're so focused on your ideals themselves (i.e. happy with staying in your cozy bubble of fantasy) that you fail to actually address the nitty-gritty of what needs to be done in order to pursue your goals. Doing so would inevitably lead to that "cozy bubble" popping when you inevitably encounter the struggles, even if only minor ones, that are inevitable when you make significant changes, especially internal changes. Then when you encounter setbacks, you can get very discouraged because you didn't prepare for it, and unlike the super-positive tritypes (279 and 379), who may be more likely to minimize the challenges in their minds and keep plowing forward with confidence, I think in a 479 it's likely for the 4 self-doubt and pessimism to sink in. At least with me, I can actually start to see the future as more bleak and hopeless than it truly is (probably). When challenges (both external and internal/emotional/mental) seem to pop up out of nowhere, they look like these huge unscalable mountains, while the person who has been realistic about potential challenges all along has seen the mountains from a distance away has identified a good climbing route.
    Likes Punderstorm, Ayuhime liked this post

I'm part of the Gentle Spirits..

GENTLY THAT IS.
    Likes Evee liked this post

I suspect that this could be the tri type of my mother.