• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can you type me by a collage? I'm lost...

Plush Cat

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I have been a member on here since October but this is my first post and I haven't been lurking. ;)

So I have seen that there's been some research about what types would choose what kinds of pictures to discribe themselves. And typing based on pictures seems to be possible...

Since I am quite confused about my type (again), I thought maybe some of you are experienced enough (or just have a gut feeling) to give an estimation about what my tritype/type/with wings/instinctual stacking is based on this collage...

Me4.jpg

(Please scroll left and right to see the full pic...)

Thank you.:unsure:

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed. The first thing I got from the collage was a big fat Fi vibe :D

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Welcome to the forum Plush Cat :hi: I like your avatar :yes:

Judging from the collage, I'd say ISFP 1w2 sx/so (INFP could also be possible)

I like the idea of typing by collage btw, I may have to give it a try ;)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see alot of 1-4-9 enneagram wise

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so many symbols of poetic justice. yo ass is INFP, though I suspect your enneagram is a little more assertive than most INFPs. maybe a 1w9, 1w2 or 4w3. your instinct variant seems to be Sx/Sp, possibly Sp/Sx

Plush Cat

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Thanks for all the responses and for the "welcome". (just got up ^^) :)

I can see why you would say I'm an IxFP based on this. But I've doubted being an INFJ so often and always got reassured that I am one based on videos, based on what I write and based on two meetups where other people were found out to not be INFJs. I even scored INFJ on cognitive functions tests when I didn't even know what cognitive functions were. And I scored very low on Se and medium high on Ne.

So..yeah...I do believe that the strong Fi vibe you get here comes from my Enneagram type.

And I thought it was really funny that people type me as a 6 quite often, but that I haven't got any really 6-ish pictures in my collage - just because its not how I see myself. But yes, I do question things a lot. But I'm more pessimistic around others - as a really strange and not appreciated way to get into contact with people - than I am when I'm on my own. :thinking:

Oh yeah...and maybe I'm pouring in some bias now...hehe...but the last tritypes I've been typed as were:

6w7 9w1 2w1

and

6w7 1w9 2w1

But I don't see the 2 in myself, whereas the others who typed me couldn't see the 4. :mellow:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
All of the emo expressions make me think Fi, it's not just the expressions of poetic justice - which you are right are very 6 (another 6 here) - I see more Fi than Fe.

Of course I'd have to talk to you more to confirm that, I'm just letting you know that the collage has a major IxFP vibe. :)

I like your user name, btw, and welcome.

Plush Cat

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
lol...thanks Marmie... :)

uhm...btw...I'm used to being able to thank people for their posts and my fingers are itching to so. hehe... But I guess there are no thank exesses here like in the forum I'm used to...? :D

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi Plush :) Well, I guess now that I see the other people's responses, I kinda have to agree a little bit - even though I agreed with you when you first shared the collage with me - I kinda see the perspective of the other posters as being relatively accurate as well.

That said, describing Fe without using images that explicitly involve other individuals - but again also without showing a hint of idealism [which relates back to Fi more] may be a little difficult. However, I myself see Ni in there because I know it's what you were portraying.

Lastly, being the inverse of your type, if I were to make a collage of myself, my first instinct would be to show all the people who I've ever been close to, or related images which show their emotions and lifestyles that I have helped influence. I see myself with respect to others - the core of my being is external. And then I see the future of all of us together ... emotions I'd like to feel and have others feel about me ... The best I can describe is that I see you before I see me. I wonder if that helps.

Plush Cat

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Hi Plush :) Well, I guess now that I see the other people's responses, I kinda have to agree a little bit - even though I agreed with you when you first shared the collage with me - I kinda see the perspective of the other posters as being relatively accurate as well.

That said, describing Fe without using images that explicitly involve other individuals - but again also without showing a hint of idealism [which relates back to Fi more] may be a little difficult. However, I myself see Ni in there because I know it's what you were portraying.

Lastly, being the inverse of your type, if I were to make a collage of myself, my first instinct would be to show all the people who I've ever been close to, or related images which show their emotions and lifestyles that I have helped influence. I see myself with respect to others - the core of my being is external. And then I see the future of all of us together ... emotions I'd like to feel and have others feel about me ... The best I can describe is that I see you before I see me. I wonder if that helps.

Well..I can't see myself being an INFP. So I'm looking into being an ISFP right now... I know that I have Ni. That's why.

I have made the collage primarily to find out my Enneagram type. So it shows what I feel very deep within and what I want and stuff like that... I think it's still different from what my thought processes are like.

Probably some of it is not quite as clear to everyone...that the streams are kinda symbolic for time and energy. They were just what I intuited my current feeling would look like. Uh...hard to explain. The hands with the light/energy might even be taken more literally. But wahat lso I felt when I chose them was maybe a bit more Fe-ish. It is supposed to be energy from my hands with which I can do good things/change things in the world or around me/connect with people...but not this 2-ish way, I guess... Uh...that sounds so shallow...and power-hungry...lol...what I felt was much bigger inside me...whatever. :D

I'm not sure if I would make the same collage for how I think. I bet it would be a quite different. hmm...I could try though. :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A collage is not a consistent way at all to determine an enneatype. WTF? :huh:

Plush Cat

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7

There has been some research by Katherine and David Fauvre about what types and what tritypes would choose what kinds of pictures to describe themselves (I think I mentioned it in my first post). There seems to be some kind of consistency. So I don't think it's very off to use it for finding out one's Enneagram type. But after what Phoenix said and what I thought about the whole thing, I actually think that determining an MBTI type will be somewhat difficult or inaccurate - at least when it's not directly depicting one's thought processes.

So regarding my Enneagram type based on the collage (and on the few posts I have written if you like :D ;) )...

Does anyone think the tritype 6w7 1w9 2w1 is possible? Or would you go with 4(w3?) as a hart fix? Or some different tritype (order whatever) entirely?

My Test scores usually imply 4w5(strong wing) 6w5(not as strong a wing) 9w1(strong wing). Which I don't believe necessarily has to be true.

I think for an instinctual variant stacking sp/sx might be right. Though I also had been confused about it.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There has been some research by Katherine and David Fauvre about what types and what tritypes would choose what kinds of pictures to describe themselves (I think I mentioned it in my first post). There seems to be some kind of consistency. So I don't think it's very off to use it for finding out one's Enneagram type. But after what Phoenix said and what I thought about the whole thing, I actually think that determining an MBTI type will be somewhat difficult or inaccurate - at least when it's not directly depicting one's thought processes.

Katherine and David Fauvre are also inventors of the shity theory of tritype, so I don't think I will adhere to what they say. The enneatype is about the passion of the heart and the mental fixation of the head, i have no clue of this in your collage. I mean, good for you if you use is as a way of self-expression and self-exploration, but the only thing we can do is guessings about your type, not to actually find it with certainty.

Plush Cat

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Katherine and David Fauvre are also inventors of the shity theory of tritype, so I don't think I will adhere to what they say. The enneatype is about the passion of the heart and the mental fixation of the head, i have no clue of this in your collage. I mean, good for you if you use is as a way of self-expression and self-exploration, but the only thing we can do is guessings about your type, not to actually find it with certainty.

Hehe, ok. :biggrin:

But in case there's someone else who believes in it I'm still interested in what you think about what I asked in my post above. ;) Even if it isn't with accuracy.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My feeling from this is 9w1. But really, you should take that as lulz.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

BAM! +1

It does relate to S vs N though I think, but not T or F at all. I really doubt an S would make a collage in an attempt to work out what type they are. That's much more of an intuitive thing as far as I know.

The pictures make me think INFP 9.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP. What kind of S would make a collage trying to determine type?

Although I can't say it can always determining thinking/feeling. For example, I love poetry, nature, art, and music. Then, I also really like science. However, it could indicate more towards one or the other to make a collage of all math symbols, etc.