User Tag List

View Poll Results: Enneagram Type 1 and 2 - What is your tritype ?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • 125, 251, 512 The Mentor

1 3.45%
  • 126, 261, 612 The Supporter

0 0%
  • 127, 271, 712 The Teacher

0 0%
  • 135, 351, 513 The Technical Expert

1 3.45%
  • 136, 361, 613 The Taskmaster

3 10.34%
  • 137, 371, 713 The Systems Builder

1 3.45%
  • 145, 451, 514 The Researcher

9 31.03%
  • 146, 416, 614 The Philosopher

3 10.34%
  • 147, 417, 714 The Visionary

3 10.34%
  • 258, 582, 825 The Strategist

0 0%
  • 259, 592, 925 The Problem Solver

1 3.45%
  • 268, 682, 826 The Rescuer

0 0%
  • 269, 692, 926 The Good Samaritan

4 13.79%
  • 278, 782, 827 The Free Spirit

3 10.34%
123 Last

Default 27 Tritypes Poll Part 1

I thought it would be interesting to make a poll to see what tritypes everyone has. I wonder if some tritypes are more common than others. Anyways, let's vote and find out!

This is part 1 which contains the first 14 tritypes. If your tritype is not listed here, please see part 2.

And please ignore the order in the tritypes. If you are looking for 215 and that is not on the list, please choose 251. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Silveresque; 08-01-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

now I've found it and have voted in both of them
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

What are your tritypes based on? Who came up with them? Who follows these? Where did you get them? Why are they useful or accurate? Are they substantiated by empirical, as well as theoretical, evidence? Does it have a mathematical consistency that can be followed? Should I ask more questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    What are your tritypes based on? Who came up with them? Who follows these? Where did you get them? Why are they useful or accurate? Are they substantiated by empirical, as well as theoretical, evidence? Does it have a mathematical consistency that can be followed? Should I ask more questions?
    This should answer your question: http://www.enneagram.net/tritype.html

brainheart

I thought I was a 459 but I'm realizing more and more I'm far too angry and judgmental, I just hold it in or get all high and mighty about it. I'm more thoreau than yoda, that's for sure. Besides, I'm research-obsessed.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Lots of numbers in both threads, but I don't think I see the 529's anywhere.

I'm skeptical in the sense that it all seems to be more theory founded on theory, pretty obviously there is no actual study that distinguishes these actual categories.

How I see it is simply you're taking a primary enneagram type and differentiate among variations of that type by looking at secondary coping and interaction skills, + motivational skills.

I'd probably have to say I'm 529...and possibly 592...but the way the variants are assigned, it fails to recognize the SX variant I have naturally... the SO is a learned trait. I have to fight to stay on a casual boundaried SO style relationship with anyway, I want to know everyone as deeply as they allow me to go, and typically I'm disappointed in many of my relationships.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Lots of numbers in both threads, but I don't think I see the 529's anywhere.

I'm skeptical in the sense that it all seems to be more theory founded on theory, pretty obviously there is no actual study that distinguishes these actual categories.

How I see it is simply you're taking a primary enneagram type and differentiate among variations of that type by looking at secondary coping and interaction skills, + motivational skills.

I'd probably have to say I'm 529...and possibly 592...but the way the variants are assigned, it fails to recognize the SX variant I have naturally... the SO is a learned trait. I have to fight to stay on a casual boundaried SO style relationship with anyway, I want to know everyone as deeply as they allow me to go, and typically I'm disappointed in many of my relationships.
    I have to agree with you in the sense that tritypes don't mean a whole lot at this point, due the lack of actual studies and research. It's hard to find a lot of information and descriptions for the various tritypes. Maybe someday after more research has been done there will be a lot more information available, making the tritypes more reliable and accurate. I certainly hope that happens, because I find that the tritype helps to explain more of my personality than one type could do alone.

I wish I could make a poll that takes instinctual variants into account as well, but since putting the tritypes and instincts together would create 54 variants for each type, that would take way too many threads. I understand what you're saying about how the instincts are important as well. I seem to have an uncommon instinctual variant for my type that makes me different from most 4's, and I wish I could take that into account in this poll.

And about 529, the numbers in each type here go in clockwise order, so that would make it the same as 592. Sorry for not making that clear in the OP.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I'm a researcher and I'm fairly sure I'm a 415. I'm interested in to see who else is the same
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    And about 529, the numbers in each type here go in clockwise order, so that would make it the same as 592. Sorry for not making that clear in the OP.
    I'm still confused a little bit. I'm a 6-4-2, but I don't see that in either of the polls. Maybe I don't have a clear understanding of tri-types or something?

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't see 3-8-7....

Too aggressive to exist?
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5