User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you idolize your secondary enneagram type (tritype)?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I do, I wish I could be like that all the time!

3 23.08%
  • Err...no, there's a reason I'm mainly the first type here.

4 30.77%
  • No, I idolize my third type actually.

2 15.38%
  • Don't know, who cares.

3 23.08%
  • Not sure...sometimes, perhaps

1 7.69%
First 234

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ya know what, I'm all for constructive debate and derailing if need be, but let's stick to the topic in this case and see if people wanna explain how they feel tritype works for them and if the second one in particular is their fav (kinda like in mbti where people tend to be proud of their aux as they don't even notice their dom)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have to admit I don't understand tritypes, but I'm a 4w5 and I greatly admire 1s. I like myself better when I'm 'integrating' towards 1. They seem to have their stuff together and have this inner firmness and strength that I aspire to have
    4w5 sp/sx EII

I once thought tritype might have merit and then I realized I wasn't a 9w8, but a 6w5 and that when I got this right, my integration point was 9 and my disintegration point was 3, which are the types that were in my supposed tritype.

So at best I would say your secondary tritype is going to be a manifestation of your development in your original type. And I also agree with Speed Gavroche that there doesn't seem to be a tritype.

Plus there's really no scientific validity for the way that enneagram divides the types into heart, gut, and thinking - the types are much more than that and categorizing them so simply to logically justify tritypes seems rather absurd.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I can see evidence of using 9....

1) as 6w5, ask for information
    2) don't obtain it, but obtain the wrong answers from the wrong people
    3) as 9, agree with them just to get out of the situation, because you realize that trying to pry answers out of them would be too much work and you are tired. And/or, agree with them just because you don't want to deal with their crap lol.....

I need to actually look more into tritype. I know that I am using more 8 and 4 in the past 10 years.... definitely. I test with high 8 and 4 as well, but it seems to be that I do use 9 more than those, when something else isn't working.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

You have high score on 4 and 8 because 4, 6 and 8 for the reactive triad, not because you have 4 and 8 on your "trifix", that's bullshit. 6s often get high score on 4 and 8 because they are reactives, you're far to be alone in that case.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You have high score on 4 and 8 because 4, 6 and 8 for the reactive triad, not because you have 4 and 8 on your "trifix", that's bullshit. 6s often get high score on 4 and 8 because they are reactives, you're far to be alone in that case.
    So you don't think that when 6w7 isn't working, you go to an action more like another type to try to get what you want, or to deal with the situation?
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

There's two part in your personality : the aquired personality, and the essence. The acquired personality is your enneatype, with the mental fixation and the passion of the heart. The essence is the holy idea and the virtue of your type. When your acquired personality stop working, you move to your essence, not to another fixation. Of course there's the integration/disintegration point but that has nothing to do with the "trifix" shit.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    There's two part in your personality : the aquired personality, and the essence. The acquired personality is your enneatype, with the mental fixation and the passion of the heart. The essence is the holy idea and the virtue of your type. When your acquired personality stop working, you move to your essence, not to another fixation. Of course there's the integration/disintegration point but that has nothing to do with the "trifix" shit.
    Ahhh ok.... I have to look into this more..... and I suppose, observe my behaviors more closely.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype