• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] 4-7-9 tritype in whatever your order

B

brainheart

Hi. I think that's mine.

What's life like for you of this type. Hows tricks? Have you accomplished anything in your life? Are you perceived as inconsistent?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a bit scattered. Though I did accomplish the RN degree and the job. :D I think Vala Faye is another one with this tritype.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I took the tritype test and got

7/6 --> thought this for a wile

4/5 --> sounds good

9/8 --> very eye opening, I don't think 10 years ago I would have accepted this, who wants to be a wussy 9?

Not sure what's going on with tritypes or what it means...

OOH LET'S TALK ABOUT IT!

B

brainheart

OOH LET'S TALK ABOUT IT!

I think if you're a 4 with this tritype you're a bit more optimistic and fun than other fours... also flakier and less consistent.. and maybe bipolar.

I think if you're a 9 with this tritype you have a bit more flava, are more outspoken and expressive... and more depressed.

I think if you're a 7 you're a little quieter and deeper.. and all the above.

Regardless, you're totally hot.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I think if you're a 4 with this tritype you're a bit more optimistic and fun than other fours... also flakier and less consistent.. and maybe bipolar.

I think if you're a 9 with this tritype you have a bit more flava, are more outspoken and expressive... and more depressed.

:holy:

OOH LET'S TALK ABOUT IT!

LAWL.

The 'quieter and deeper' makes sense, though 7's have depth which they just run away from or try to distract themselves often.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's an awkward combination, really. I find that having strong 4 and 7 seems like I have split personalities sometimes. And definitely, totally hot :D

Regarding getting things done, I find that when I'm in four mode it's not about getting things done. It's just about appreciating things more. Kind of stagnates me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was summoned here. I however am 4-9-7. Not sure that my experience is relevant..nor am I sure as to what exactly you're asking for.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was summoned here. I however am 4-9-7. Not sure that my experience is relevant..nor am I sure as to what exactly you're asking for.

It's supposed to be a mix of the tritype, (no matter the order) and your experience from that tritype. Brainheart, (the one who started the thread) is also a 497. CzeCze and I are 749's.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry, Im a bit woozy today. I think instincts make up a lot of the experience as well though.

Anycase, for me, the 4 is about being stuck in my own head with my own emotions and my own creativity. I've found though that it's something the outside world considers self-absorbed, so I do this when I'm alone. I purposefully isolate myself for it . I use the 9 to interact with others, especially in larger groups, and especially when tensions run high and serious or delicate stuff is being discussed. I found that when I'm burned out on 'life' in general, and my head hurts from playing mediator and overanalyzing shit, I turn to the 7 side of me to just go nuts and bounce off the walls and recharge that way. I try to minimize the effect of it on people by either spreading it over a really big group so nobody gets the full frontal assault of it, or to do it with people who can take it. (I'm guessing this is in part due to my sx-so combo as well, that the intensity of it can be too much for some people to handle).

B

brainheart

The post above sounds substantially like me, although I don't think I'm as skilled at diffusing the intensity. If I feel the connection, youre getting it. Although I'm learning with age. Although I feel like that's just making me more avoidant as well.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The post above sounds substantially like me, although I don't think I'm as skilled at diffusing the intensity. If I feel the connection, youre getting it. Although I'm learning with age. Although I feel like that's just making me more avoidant as well.

Age does strange things to your personality, I found out. You'd think it would mellow it out a bit/ balance it out more. For me it's getting more intense. (Not that it was very intense to begin with.) But the intensity is rising.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yes: It does. I'm also finding that although I used to try and flutter about a lot back when, I'm more selective these days and lurk more, checking people out from the sideline before flooding them and getting disappointed.

I tend to find other sx-doms either very obnoxious or very soothing as they can at least handle me (when they want to) without reigning myself in.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
4 - My emo, creative, unique as a million snow flakes etc. etc. etc. side. Though some of the questions for 4 like 'do identify with broken things' makes me go egads, no! I'm not melancholy though, I'm not attracted to sad things in general. 4-5 resonates with me though, the 5 makes me more rational. :p

7 - This is how I present to the world and who I am, it encapsulates my basic orientation to the world to search for things and escape from pain through pleasure and constantly reframe things. I am essentially a very optimistic active person who is interested in many things at once and any given time. I am a hedonist and an experiencer of life. I have an addictive personality.

9 - Conflict/anger. I prefer peace and harmony but as a 9/8 and also with the 6 wing which switches to counter I can flare up and become ruthless when I sense a threat that cannot be mitigated.

I am 7 then 4-9.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can elaborate a little now, (after reading more.)

First, I'm a seven. (w6?) I am possibly one of the most hedonistic people I know. Life is about doing what physically feels good in the moment. (Though I never got into hardcore drugs.) There's not enough time in the day for all the good food, exercise, alcohol, friends, sunshine, shopping, socializing, book reading, nature loving- (the list could go on and on.) It's normally a pleasure to be in this body. I'm very quick minded and have a big sense of humor. Most people would describe me as cheerful, silly, and energetic on first glance.

Then, I'm a 4w5. (Actually tested this way in my most recent test, but I'm pretty sure I'm still a 7.) This attempts to manifest and get along with 7, though it ends up very different sometimes. I'm not exactly sad or melancholy, per se. My 4 view of the world can be very dry and existential at times. It's a different mood, though I don't really like to call it "sad." It's not sad, it's something else entirely. I view the world in a fairly "real" manner, though am unsure at times about what real is, there is a question of what it's all about. There's often a flair of drama/ beauty when I'm in this mindset. I'm sensitive. I want to know and experience more to understand things better and gain perspective. I'm not too skilled in the arts (though perhaps more skilled than others), and am adept at creative writing. I think I view the world in a fairly aesthetic/ artistic manner at times. (All the time.) Some people have said that they see me as an artist but aren't sure why. I do need an exceptional amount of time to think and process things deeper for the average extrovert. I'm also a romantic, though I don't think anyone knows.

Lastly, I'm a nine, which pretty much means avoiding conflict to me. Simply keeping everything peaceful and low key.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
OOOOOOOH, ShortnSweet and I are like N/S twins...

I'm also a 7 w 6 followed by 4 w 5 followed by 9 w 8. Very true for me about being an artist. I can't draw for crap but I have always been a creative, verbal, and aesthetic person and certainly a performer. When I had my IQ tested as child the testers mentioned specifically my story telling abilities and creativity to my parents. 7 + 4 adds an bohemian element I think to a person instead of more purely hedonistic/adventurer/explorer vibe. I think a 7/8 and 4/3 would create more of an assertive mountain conquering CEO who skydives vibe. FWIW, I like being a hedonistic artistic philosopher :D - the 4 w 5 supposedly adds an added depth to the artistic observations made...or something.

And I definitely have issues with expression aggression and anger. I am actually a lot more needful and ambitious and competitive than some might thing. 'F' be damned sometimes I really do not care about any one else's problems or circumstances, I just want to win. I can be ruthless in thought. This is why when I was in my teens through early 20s I thought I was a 3. However in action I often find myself capitulating or acquiescing or going out of my way to smooth things over and keep things harmonious (though not compromising what I think is right or ethical, I would never accept bullshit and reward a bigot for example). I do have an aggressive streak in me and am drawn to martial arts and I love debating.

I still have trouble fully expressing anger/aggression, which is a 9 issue. But between the 6 wing and the 8 wing I can flip. This is something I've been cognizant of and been working on for a long, long, long time.