User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 34

  1. #1
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default Help me with my enneatype...

    I can't decide, I really can't. I am a lot more confused over this than I ever have been over my INFJ-ness.

    So, if you have an impression of me from this forum in terms of enneatype, please tell me. And please ask questions if you want to get a better idea. And I'm interested in instinctual stackings/tritype as well, of course.

    For what it's worth: I've thought for some time that I'm probably 6, and probably 6w5. However, I also identify quite a lot with 9. And oddly, I've tested as 2 quite a few times - I say "oddly" because I just don't identify with the type descriptions. I think this could be due to having strong Fe and having community demands and beliefs which make me reach out to and try to help people. But I can't see myself as a 2.

    I identify with a few aspects of some other types (notably 1, 4 and 5), but I think it highly unlikely that I'm anything other than 6 or 9. But I am open to any comments or suggestions!!

    Thanks!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  2. #2
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Pardon me if this sounds rude, but I think you're more anxious than 9 would be. You know yourself best though. And I don't say it because I subconsciously registered your self-typing of 6. It's just something I've noticed from our discussions from time to time. You're very romantic about your connections, and worry about the precise or ideals ways to express yourself interpersonally. If an INFJ is anxious, I don't know whether it's because they're 6, or simply have a very active Ti.. Like they're more proactive in searching for that pinnacle expression to set things right. If you're 9, I'd make a guess that it's more of a Pi style.. relaxed and letting insight come to them more.

  3. #3
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    ^ not rude at all...the "anxious" thing is exactly what I think about myself and pretty accurate! It's probably the biggest thing which has tended to make me think I'm most likely to be a 6 rather than a 9.

    And what you say about worrying about the precise/ideal way to express myself interpersonally is very interesting because it had never occurred to me in quite that way before. But it totally makes sense.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  4. #4
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    can't say your type for certain (6 sounds likely), but you come across more sx/sp than sp/sx to me.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #5
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    can't say your type for certain (6 sounds likely), but you come across more sx/sp than sp/sx to me.
    Any particular reason why you would point to sx/sp?

    I've actually had so/sp or sp/so in tests as well, but the descriptions of sp/sx seemed to suit me better. Really not sure about that either though.

    I know it's difficult to do these "what type am I" threads because I do think people come across quite differently IRL than they do online, a lot of the time. However, I think my online persona is a lot like my IRL persona, except I go into more detail about my mental and emotional state online than I usually do IRL.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  6. #6
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Any particular reason why you would point to sx/sp?

    I've actually had so/sp or sp/so in tests as well, but the descriptions of sp/sx seemed to suit me better. Really not sure about that either though.

    I know it's difficult to do these "what type am I" threads because I do think people come across quite differently IRL than they do online, a lot of the time. However, I think my online persona is a lot like my IRL persona, except I go into more detail about my mental and emotional state online than I usually do IRL.
    I dunno, on a surface level at least, you strike me as very romantic and the type of person that desires depth and intimacy.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #7
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    6s are misgiving and seek protection from people.
    9s are confident and merge with people.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  8. #8
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I dunno, on a surface level at least, you strike me as very romantic and the type of person that desires depth and intimacy.
    True...

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    6s are misgiving and seek protection from people.
    9s are confident and merge with people.
    Basically, what I've found with 6 vs 9 for me:

    I do tend to be anxious and worry, and I search for stability with people and circumstances. However, I don't really identify with the whole questioning or mistrusting authority thing, and I wouldn't say I'm hypervigilant. And while I tell myself that people are untrustworthy and unpredictable and I shouldn't let my guard down...when it comes down to it, I often do let my guard down...I'm very aware of how unpredictable and selfish and untrustworthy people can be, though.

    On the other hand, I often find that descriptions of 9 seem to suit me better as a whole, ie. those tests where you read paragraphs and pick which one suits you best. I'm often told I come across as kind, easygoing, calm, etc. But I don't get the "merging" thing. I think I would only feel that with someone I am EXTREMELY in sync with, which doesn't happen often - not quite sure if it has ever happened, actually. And I'm really not that confident with people - I probably act more confident than I am, more outgoing, which I think is the Fe at work. When I do the "going toward" people thing, I feel as though I'm putting people at ease, and protecting myself - almost like a pre-emptive strike! - both of which are important to me.

    I read somewhere that phobic 6s and 9s can really resemble each other and are easily confused - and if I'm a 6, I'm definitely phobic.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  9. #9
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Phobic 6s don't question autorithy that much. So, it is coherent with what you say.

    Have you watched the videos I gave to you?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  10. #10
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Phobic 6s don't question autorithy that much. So, it is coherent with what you say.

    Have you watched the videos I gave to you?
    Aw man, I only looked at these now. SOrry.

    There were like a million of them. But I watched a few. I was just excited about the fact that Joe Strummer and the Edge are apparently both 6w5 sp/sx. Now I REALLY want to be that type. But seriously, I think the 6 types seemed a bit more familiar. I may watch a few more though. I have a bit of a hard time getting a sense from video clips...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

Similar Threads

  1. Can anyone help me with my Enneagram type?
    By faultyideal in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 08:32 PM
  2. can you help me with my type??
    By Dante766 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 08:16 AM
  3. Can you help me with my type? (INFP??)
    By Ringtone in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 02:35 PM
  4. Attention all mamas! Help me with my teething baby.
    By scantilyclad in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 04:17 PM
  5. Help Me With My Homework!
    By OctaviaCaesar in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO