User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 34

  1. #21
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    I suspect that if you were a 9, you would agree with me that you're a 9 (or become confused because everyone disagrees and you want to see all of their points of view), therefore you're not a 9, lol.

    And I know what you mean about that type shouting out thing, when I type someone, I either work out their MBTI or their Enneagram and that's enough for me. Only one is ever certain, but I never really noticed that trend until you said it then, it never bothered me .
    5 3 9

  2. #22
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I suspect that if you were a 9, you would agree with me that you're a 9 (or become confused because everyone disagrees and you want to see all of their points of view), therefore you're not a 9, lol.

    And I know what you mean about that type shouting out thing, when I type someone, I either work out their MBTI or their Enneagram and that's enough for me. Only one is ever certain, but I never really noticed that trend until you said it then, it never bothered me .
    Well, I am a bit confused. So it's a possibility. I think a lot of people resist type 6 (even though it's supposed to be one of the most common types!) as it sounds "fearful" or "mean" or "not very nice."

    I don't think either 6 or 9 are terribly common for INFJs, but they're hardly out of the question. Type 4 tends to be the assumption for INFJ, but though I was drawn to that at first, I figured out pretty quickly that it wasn't me.

    My tritype would definitely include 6, 9 and 4, but I'm not sure about the order.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  3. #23
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I can't decide, I really can't. I am a lot more confused over this than I ever have been over my INFJ-ness.

    So, if you have an impression of me from this forum in terms of enneatype, please tell me. And please ask questions if you want to get a better idea. And I'm interested in instinctual stackings/tritype as well, of course.

    For what it's worth: I've thought for some time that I'm probably 6, and probably 6w5. However, I also identify quite a lot with 9. And oddly, I've tested as 2 quite a few times - I say "oddly" because I just don't identify with the type descriptions. I think this could be due to having strong Fe and having community demands and beliefs which make me reach out to and try to help people. But I can't see myself as a 2.

    I identify with a few aspects of some other types (notably 1, 4 and 5), but I think it highly unlikely that I'm anything other than 6 or 9. But I am open to any comments or suggestions!!

    Thanks!
    Well, this is funny. I don't know you or enneatypes well enough to determine it at all. But after seeing that it was you who wrote this thread, my very first thought was, "6w5? or 5w6?"... I don't know why.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  4. #24
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Well, I am a bit confused. So it's a possibility. I think a lot of people resist type 6 (even though it's supposed to be one of the most common types!) as it sounds "fearful" or "mean" or "not very nice."
    I don't think either 6 or 9 are terribly common for INFJs, but they're hardly out of the question. Type 4 tends to be the assumption for INFJ, but though I was drawn to that at first, I figured out pretty quickly that it wasn't me.

    My tritype would definitely include 6, 9 and 4, but I'm not sure about the order.
    I don't think so, my mom seems like a 6w5 to me. She's an esfj. I think of 6w5 ESFJ being a "buddy" type. She likes to get stuff done, she cares deeply about the family, extremely loyal and NEEDED X100! If it wasn't for her, we'd all be homeless or completely out of touch with reality. (I'm an only child, but I'm thinking of extended family as well.) She needs a lot of extra support though, bouncing stuff off everyone. Very diplomatic. I'm a fan of that type.

    Every type has it's lousy side, too.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  5. #25
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    6s have strong anger issues too, being angry does'nt mean you're 9.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  6. #26
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Huh, silk. I just realized you had the enneatype written in your signature. I must have seen it at some point and had it in my head.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  7. #27
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I don't think so, my mom seems like a 6w5 to me. She's an esfj. I think of 6w5 ESFJ being a "buddy" type. She likes to get stuff done, she cares deeply about the family, extremely loyal and NEEDED X100! If it wasn't for her, we'd all be homeless or completely out of touch with reality. (I'm an only child, but I'm thinking of extended family as well.) She needs a lot of extra support though, bouncing stuff off everyone. Very diplomatic. I'm a fan of that type.

    Every type has it's lousy side, too.
    Thanks for the input! And yeah, I agree... I think there is just a perception that 6 is somehow not a very pleasant type.

    I mean, not many people on this forum identify as 6 (there are tons of 4 and 5) and yet it's supposed to be one of the most common types (especially as it's represented by both phobic and counterphobic.) But as you say, all types have good and bad.

    There are aspects of both 6 and 9 that I really identify with, and other that I really don't, which has confused things more. However, one thing that makes me think I'm unlikely to be 9 is that all the 9 descriptions talk a lot about "merging" and "forgetting oneself" and "stubbornness" and I don't identify with those.

    I think the 6s want to claim me, and the 9s want to claim me.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  8. #28
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Thanks for the input! And yeah, I agree... I think there is just a perception that 6 is somehow not a very pleasant type.

    I mean, not many people on this forum identify as 6 (there are tons of 4 and 5) and yet it's supposed to be one of the most common types (especially as it's represented by both phobic and counterphobic.) But as you say, all types have good and bad.

    There are aspects of both 6 and 9 that I really identify with, and other that I really don't, which has confused things more. However, one thing that makes me think I'm unlikely to be 9 is that all the 9 descriptions talk a lot about "merging" and "forgetting oneself" and "stubbornness" and I don't identify with those.

    I think the 6s want to claim me, and the 9s want to claim me.
    I think you seem very articulate and self aware. (I don't know if this has to do with enneatypes) but I don't see "forgetting oneself" as a trait for you at all. I just wrote that thread about "make your own description" which mentions that it seems like enneatypes do a really good job at describing people, but a person can relate to pieces of all of them, (or many of them,) so if you want to use them as labels unto themselves, it becomes more difficult. Hence, tritypes I suppose.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  9. #29
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    6s have strong anger issues too, being angry does'nt mean you're 9.
    We all get angry, but we deal with it differently right?
    5 3 9

  10. #30
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    We all get angry, but we deal with it differently right?
    Right/

    A Sp/Sx 9 is a guy like Joey from Friends. I don't think it fits.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Similar Threads

  1. Can anyone help me with my Enneagram type?
    By faultyideal in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 08:32 PM
  2. can you help me with my type??
    By Dante766 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 08:16 AM
  3. Can you help me with my type? (INFP??)
    By Ringtone in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 02:35 PM
  4. Attention all mamas! Help me with my teething baby.
    By scantilyclad in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 04:17 PM
  5. Help Me With My Homework!
    By OctaviaCaesar in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO