MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Default Giant Compilation of MBTI-Enneagram Type Descriptions

what it says in the title, gaiz.

let's take two prototypes: INTP 5w4, and INFP 4w5. how are these two going to differ from INTP 4w5 and INFP 5w4? an INTP 4 is probably gonna look pretty INFPish, and the INFP 5 is probably gonna look more INTPish. what're going to be the differences, the shades of subtlety between the two?

i think it'd be cool to compile some type descriptions for the sake of curiosity. it'd be awesome to have all... oh, 1728 types resulting from MBTI/enneagram with instinct and wing variants, but starting with just a handful would work. if you feel like contributing your type or other types you feel like you know well, i'll add them to a big list in this first post.

i'm going to throw down a few to begin with, but feel more than welcome to tell me if you think they're off. i've kept them all consistent because that was easier for me, but i'd love to have people of those types explain things in their own words.

kthx

===

INFP 1w9 sx

The Mystic Hero: the sexual INFP 1w9 combined grace, innocence and purity, with strength, conviction and virile gut center energy to form the ultimate hero type. these types are the paladins and knights for justice are trully the joan of arcs of their sphere of influence and can summon tremendous amounts of strength and charisma when passionately voicing their convictions. unlike most charismatic leaders however, the energy of the INFP 1w9 is much more feminine and ethereal. this bizarre combination can often lead to the INFP 1w9 being viewed as a sort of angellic figure or mythical incarnation due to it's apparent flawlessness and balance of masculine and feminine energies.

INFP 2w3

Individualistic but at the same time very much about helping people, giving advice and social rules.

INFP 4w3

focus on the intrapersonal and discovery; introspective and aesthetic. escape to fantasy and emotion with emphasis on recognition. more outwardly engaged, less trouble with social interaction.

INFP 4w5

focus on the intrapersonal and discovery; introspective and aesthetic. escape to fantasy and emotion with emphasis on intellectualism. more calm and rational, less dramatic.

INFP 5w4

the archetypal iconoclast. focus on the intrapersonal and discovery; introspective and aesthetic. escape to logic and critical analysis with a touch of fantasy. more theoretical, less trouble getting bogged down in emotion.

INTP 4w5

focus on logic and discovery; introspective and aesthetic. escape to fantasy and emotion with emphasis on intellectualism. more creative, less trouble expressing emotion.

INTP 5w4

focus on logic and discovery; intellectual and introspective. escape to logic and critical analysis with a touch of fantasy. more theoretical, less trouble getting bogged down in emotion.

INTP 5w6

focus on logic and discovery; intellectual and perceptive. escape to logic and critical analysis, with an emphasis on security. more disciplined, less trouble with outward engagement.

ENFJ 3w4 sp

Alternately warm-embracing and icy-distant, a social leader but individualist. A nonchalant overachiever who keeps inside worries very hidden. Concerned with being impressive and attaining luxury, but never only as a facade.

ENFJ 5w6

Social loner, I like people but sometimes I want to live in my head. Someone told me that I was taught "not to feel" so I have a bland demeanor. I have a very analytical, emotional nature.
    Last edited by skylights; 04-22-2011 at 10:00 PM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

one of my favorite people that i met on this forum was either intp 4w5 or infp 5w4 i'm not sure which one he settled on but he always seemed like an infp/intp hybrid to me. he seemed equally ti and fi very cerebral, artsy and emotional...interesting character for sure..
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

INFP 1w9 sx, The Mystic Hero: the sexual INFP 1w9 combined grace, innocence and purity, with strength, conviction and virile gut center energy to form the ultimate hero type. these types are the paladins and knights for justice are trully the joan of arcs of their sphere of influence and can summon tremendous amounts of strength and charisma when passionately voicing their convictions. unlike most charismatic leaders however, the energy of the INFP 1w9 is much more feminine and ethereal. this bizarre combination can often lead to the INFP 1w9 being viewed as a sort of angellic figure or mythical incarnation due to it's apparent flawlessness and balance of masculine and feminine energies.
    PS: yes, I'm being biased and grandiose, in case you were too much of an imbecile to realize.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i don't have a problem with overexaggerated types as long as we do it for all of them

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    one of my favorite people that i met on this forum was either intp 4w5 or infp 5w4 i'm not sure which one he settled on but he always seemed like an infp/intp hybrid to me. he seemed equally ti and fi very cerebral, artsy and emotional...interesting character for sure..
    yeah!

i find the "hybrid" types fascinating. like if you had an ESFJ 7 and an ESFP 6. they'd probably end up looking more alike one another than usual. or ISTJ 2 and ISFJ 1. i wonder about their "energies", you know? INTP 5 is such a clear energy and INFP 4 is, but there's that funny overlap in the middle...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

totally i think i like the hybrids too! haha being confused is entertaining for us enfps..
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    totally i think i like the hybrids too! haha being confused is entertaining for us enfps..
    it's so true!! the more complicated, the more interesting

Glycerine

I am a hybrid. Good idea for the thread. My mom is an e 2w3 INFP. Individualistic but at the same time very much about helping people, giving advice and social rules (sometimes moreso than I am). For me, I am a social loner, I like people but sometimes I want to live in my head. Someone told me that I was taught "not to feel" so I have a bland demeanor. I have a very analytical, emotional nature.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i don't have a problem with overexaggerated types as long as we do it for all of them
    well, I'm not going to be responsible for 288 type combinations, but I think that's a good idea
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    well, I'm not going to be responsible for 288 type combinations, but I think that's a good idea
    haha no kidding. do what you feel like