• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype Titles

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
excluding dominant type, what title would you give various tritype combinations?

3-7-8: the celebrity
4-6-9: the rockaholic
8-5-3: the businessman
8-4-7: the flamboyant elitist
8-2-6: the protector
1-3-6: the workaholic
1-4-7: the idealist
1-5-4: the conspirator
3-7-9: the socialite
1-2-6: the servant

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
4-6-8 is actually already called "The Truth Teller" and I saw that and I was like omgz it's me.

The canary in a coal mine.

The_World_As_Will

4-9-5: The Best.

This, but in reverse for 594 ... or whatever the hell you make out of this

"459/594/945 is described as being intuitive, knowledgeable, and accepting. You want to be original, wise and peaceful. Highly self aware and reflective, you are very shy, reserved and self conscious. You need regular quiet time to reflect on your thoughts and emotions. Easily flooded with emotion, it is difficult for you to voice your feelings and ideas to others.

Your life mission is to delve deeply into the mysteries of life and share your insight with others. A true philosopher, you are happiest when you can write about your discoveries and discuss them with others. Making sense of your world is a never ending quest.

You can be so focused on your inner world that you can become inhibited and appear to be indifferent to others. Insecure, you become moody and expect others to initiate and come toward you."

A

Anew Leaf

This, but in reverse for 594 ... or whatever the hell you make out of this

"459/594/945 is described as being intuitive, knowledgeable, and accepting. You want to be original, wise and peaceful. Highly self aware and reflective, you are very shy, reserved and self conscious. You need regular quiet time to reflect on your thoughts and emotions. Easily flooded with emotion, it is difficult for you to voice your feelings and ideas to others.

Your life mission is to delve deeply into the mysteries of life and share your insight with others. A true philosopher, you are happiest when you can write about your discoveries and discuss them with others. Making sense of your world is a never ending quest.

You can be so focused on your inner world that you can become inhibited and appear to be indifferent to others. Insecure, you become moody and expect others to initiate and come toward you."

Don't tell the ENTP's but I :heart: INTPs too. ;)

I would also suggest 4-9-5: the Inspired

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4-5-1: The Conscientious Intellectual Romantic

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Funny. I had never even heard of tritypes until this thread ... isn't that bizarre, considering how much type stuff I've looked at?

I score as 5w4 typically, but there were two that seem to capture different flavors of me (the first seems more dominant nowadays):

The advisor
5-2-9: this is a more generous, social and good-natured Five, who genuinely enjoys helping others out and being in a relationship with them. Although they do require their alone time, Fives of this tritype tend to be more personable and they make wonderful advisors and counselors as long as they can keep behind the scenes. They are rather attracted to human sciences (psychology, sociology) and have a natural flair for moderating conflicts and solving people’s problems.
typical subtypes: social, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-9-2, 2-5-9
flavours: friendly, understanding, cooperative and humanistic

The mythisizer/dreamweaver
5-9-4: reclusive, modest, discreet and quite dreamy and unassertive, such Fives possess a vast imagination in which they spend most of their time among their theories, fantasies and vivid memories. They have a somewhat bohemian charm to them – they are relaxed, casual, creative and a bit reckless. Usually pleasant and undisturbed on the outside, they hide complex inner worlds in which reality interweaves with fantasy, real with imaginary, the objective with the subjective. These Fives are gentle, sensitive and avoidant and tend to express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-4-9, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: laid-back, unconventional, imaginative and random

The names could use improvement, I'm too tired to think straight.

rav3n

Funny. I had never even heard of tritypes until this thread ... isn't that bizarre, considering how much type stuff I've looked at?
I find tritype theory a lot more accurate than the basic enneagram theory.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find tritype theory a lot more accurate than the basic enneagram theory.

I need to read more about it, but it's an interesting idea to pull a type from each of the triads (Heart, head, gut) since we all have a mix of such things anyway.

rav3n

I need to read more about it, but it's an interesting idea to pull a type from each of the triads (Heart, head, gut) since we all have a mix of such things anyway.
Exactly. It's a lot more 3 dimensional than the standard enneagram theory. It always appalled me that 8's were considered brutish village idiots who needed to be conned into becoming productive members of society using the "shining hero" example. Sure, we're guttish but many of us are capable of balancing the brute with our heads, without needing to be considered "heroes" or "magnanimous". The nuances of both descriptives are both condescending to others and to us.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactly. It's a lot more 3 dimensional than the standard enneagram theory. It always appalled me that 8's were considered brutish village idiots who needed to be conned into becoming productive members of society using the "shining hero" example. Sure, we're guttish but many of us are capable of balancing the brute with our heads, without needing to be considered "heroes" or "magnanimous". The nuances of both descriptives are both condescending to others and to us.

Although... I was looking at 5/2/4 combinations that involved 8 (since 5 -> 8 and I've become more assertive) and all the 5 descriptions utilizing 8 started describing me as not caring about people's feelings, become more narcissistic, aggressive, demanding, controlling... lol!

rav3n

Although... I was looking at 5/2/4 combinations that involved 8 (since 5 -> 8 and I've become more assertive) and all the 5 descriptions utilizing 8 started describing me as not caring about people's feelings, become more narcissistic, aggressive, demanding, controlling... lol!
Ah yes, the crazy health level theory that's tied into the regular enneagram theory. I ignore that garbage since the health levels are someone else's perception of self-actualisation. Two middle finger uppage! :tongue:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Lessee:

2-6-9: The Butler
9-6-2: The Diplomat
6-9-2: The Bunny :newwink:
9-2-6: The Lamb

Howzat?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type