• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype Titles

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find that totally useless, confusing and probably wrong.

Basically, the assumption is that people have a preferred function in each of the triads (heart, head, and gut), so the tritype is the strongest function from each group.

You can determine from that method of determination how valid you think such a theory would be.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactly. It's a lot more 3 dimensional than the standard enneagram theory. It always appalled me that 8's were considered brutish village idiots who needed to be conned into becoming productive members of society using the "shining hero" example. Sure, we're guttish but many of us are capable of balancing the brute with our heads, without needing to be considered "heroes" or "magnanimous". The nuances of both descriptives are both condescending to others and to us.

The problem is that you seem to consider enneagram as a behaviorist system, but it is not. An enneatype is a structure through wich you solve information , and you have 1 not 3. Assuming that, you don't need to think that you have three types to embraces the nuances of your personality, one is enough, assuming that enneagram does'nt say that "8s are brutish village idiots who can't balance with their head", probably somme shitty ressources on the internet say that but that has nothing to do with the orginal model.

Plus, each enneatypes have something in common with every others, for example, if you are a 7, you can believe to have 1 in your "trifix" because of the common points between you and the one, or to have 3 because of the common points between you and Type 3 etc, wich makes the determination of tritype virtually impossible and totally based on subjectives impressions.

rav3n

The problem is that you seem to consider enneagram as a behaviorist system, but it is not. An enneatype is a structure through wich you solve information , and you have 1 not 3. Assuming that, you don't need to think that you have three types to embraces the nuances of your personality, one is enough, assuming that enneagram does'nt say that "8s are brutish village idiots who can't balance with their head", probably somme shitty ressources on the internet say that but that has nothing to do with the orginal model.

Plus, each enneatypes have something in common with every others, for example, if you are a 7, you can believe to have 1 in your "trifix" because of the common points between you and the one, or to have 3 because of the common points between you and Type 3 etc, wich makes the determination of tritype virtually impossible and totally based on subjectives impressions.
I see. So every type shares commonalities with other types but each type must move a particular way to become healthy. If they move in any other way, it's either not possible or a disintegration. What's wrong with this picture?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So, back to titles, what would a 7-3-8 be? Supernova? :laugh: What if the 3 was a 4?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see. So every type shares commonalities with other types but each type must move a particular way to become healthy. If they move in any other way, it's either not possible or a disintegration. What's wrong with this picture?

It can be integration or disintegration, yes, but I did'nt say that you can't move to an otther type. It's just that it is not really a "move" in the typical sense. It's just that we can experience the passion others types. For example, even if you are a 8, you can experiment depression because of the loss of a source of love, like 4s do, or to experiment fear because you envisage a worst case scenario, like 6s do. Enneagram is a map of the human condition, and the passions and mental fixations of each type form differents pieces of that map. That mean that as a human being, you can experiment the passions or mental fixations of another type than the your. Actully, you can experiment every.

But hte thing is that their is one idea, impression, way to solve information that you spontaneously use, especially when yu are entranced. 4s, for example don't just experiment depression, they feel loss of love as the fundamental basis of their life, and the impression that a source of love has been lost and denied because of semthing wrong and lacking in their image is the truth, 6s on the other hand, don't just envisasge worst case scenario and are afraid, they consider negative past experiences, paranoia and doubt as the legitime source of information and hardly consider the best. This is I think the trifix is confusing, wirtually impossible to find and based on subjectives impressions.

rav3n

It can be integration or disintegration, yes, but I did'nt say that you can't move to an otther type. It's just that it is not really a "move" in the typical sense. It's just that we can experience the passion others types. For example, even if you are a 8, you can experiment depression because of the loss of a source of love, like 4s do, or to experiment fear because you envisage a worst case scenario, like 6s do. Enneagram is a map of the human condition, and the passions and mental fixations of each type form differents pieces of that map. That mean that as a human being, you can experiment the passions or mental fixations of another type than the your. Actully, you can experiment every.

But hte thing is that their is one idea, impression, way to solve information that you spontaneously use, especially when yu are entranced. 4s, for example don't just experiment depression, they feel loss of love as the fundamental basis of their life, and the impression that a source of love has been lost and denied because of semthing wrong and lacking in their image is the truth, 6s on the other hand, don't just envisasge worst case scenario and are afraid, they consider negative past experiences, paranoia and doubt as the legitime source of information and hardly consider the best. This is I think the trifix is confusing, wirtually impossible to find and based on subjectives impressions.
The move towards integration or disintegration is core to enneagram theory. It isn't just a map of the human condition of each type. It includes what the architects consider to be a map of how each type fits into their perceptions of a well functioning society. This means there will need to be a standarisation of each type and how that type must move in order to fit into their model of a well-functioning society.

The above fails in that the human condition can't be categorised into solely individuals who fit into the 9 types. Maybe some fit into each mould. But there are many who will bridge types, whereby their bridging will require an amended version of how they choose to self-actualise to optimum health levels. Now how this fits into the enneagram model of a well-functioning society, I could honestly care less.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see this, do you think the 7 makes them more flighty? with the 9 agreeable quality to it?, I can totally see that.

I'd say the 4's artistry is found it the beautiful colours of its feathers, the 9 in its peaceful zen-like state as it drinks nectar and stays in place and the 7 in its flitting about from flower to flower and high energy generated by its wings.

The Butterfly would work for similar reasons I feel and even add the dimension of the 4's transcendence with the whole cocoon to butterfly thing.

Fluffy Kitten works as well, I'd say. Self-discovery and awareness of self while discovering who you are in life(4), zen-like (9) and agreeable with everyone when purring while being petted and happily chasing toys and bugs to enjoy life (7)

I can keep going :alttongue:

The_World_As_Will

I'd say the 4's artistry is found it the beautiful colours of its feathers, the 9 in its peaceful zen-like state as it drinks nectar and stays in place and the 7 in its flitting about from flower to flower and high energy generated by its wings.

The Butterfly would work for similar reasons I feel and even add the dimension of the 4's transcendence with the whole cocoon to butterfly thing.

Fluffy Kitten works as well, I'd say. Self-discovery and awareness of self while discovering who you are in life(4), zen-like (9) and agreeable with everyone when purring while being petted and happily chasing toys and bugs to enjoy life (7)

I can keep going :alttongue:

By all means, keep going I certainly don't mind, you described it really well, I can relate to the 9 and 4's bits on discover and peace of mind. Do you think being an sx/so (and I am one as well, curious to see how it is for other sx/so's) that the need for self-discovery and zen like states are intensified?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
"The Diva" sounds a bit more like 4-7-8 or 3-7-8, I think... A bigger emphasis on... appearing, y'know?

5-9-3: The Shaman? Or is that more like 5-3-9?

5-9-4: The Seeker?