Thread: Tritype Titles

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I find that totally useless, confusing and probably wrong.
    Basically, the assumption is that people have a preferred function in each of the triads (heart, head, and gut), so the tritype is the strongest function from each group.

You can determine from that method of determination how valid you think such a theory would be.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I find that totally useless, confusing and probably wrong.
    Expand on this.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Exactly. It's a lot more 3 dimensional than the standard enneagram theory. It always appalled me that 8's were considered brutish village idiots who needed to be conned into becoming productive members of society using the "shining hero" example. Sure, we're guttish but many of us are capable of balancing the brute with our heads, without needing to be considered "heroes" or "magnanimous". The nuances of both descriptives are both condescending to others and to us.
    The problem is that you seem to consider enneagram as a behaviorist system, but it is not. An enneatype is a structure through wich you solve information , and you have 1 not 3. Assuming that, you don't need to think that you have three types to embraces the nuances of your personality, one is enough, assuming that enneagram does'nt say that "8s are brutish village idiots who can't balance with their head", probably somme shitty ressources on the internet say that but that has nothing to do with the orginal model.

Plus, each enneatypes have something in common with every others, for example, if you are a 7, you can believe to have 1 in your "trifix" because of the common points between you and the one, or to have 3 because of the common points between you and Type 3 etc, wich makes the determination of tritype virtually impossible and totally based on subjectives impressions.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

The problem is that you seem to consider enneagram as a behaviorist system, but it is not. An enneatype is a structure through wich you solve information , and you have 1 not 3. Assuming that, you don't need to think that you have three types to embraces the nuances of your personality, one is enough, assuming that enneagram does'nt say that "8s are brutish village idiots who can't balance with their head", probably somme shitty ressources on the internet say that but that has nothing to do with the orginal model.

Plus, each enneatypes have something in common with every others, for example, if you are a 7, you can believe to have 1 in your "trifix" because of the common points between you and the one, or to have 3 because of the common points between you and Type 3 etc, wich makes the determination of tritype virtually impossible and totally based on subjectives impressions.
    I see. So every type shares commonalities with other types but each type must move a particular way to become healthy. If they move in any other way, it's either not possible or a disintegration. What's wrong with this picture?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

So, back to titles, what would a 7-3-8 be? Supernova? What if the 3 was a 4?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I see. So every type shares commonalities with other types but each type must move a particular way to become healthy. If they move in any other way, it's either not possible or a disintegration. What's wrong with this picture?
    It can be integration or disintegration, yes, but I did'nt say that you can't move to an otther type. It's just that it is not really a "move" in the typical sense. It's just that we can experience the passion others types. For example, even if you are a 8, you can experiment depression because of the loss of a source of love, like 4s do, or to experiment fear because you envisage a worst case scenario, like 6s do. Enneagram is a map of the human condition, and the passions and mental fixations of each type form differents pieces of that map. That mean that as a human being, you can experiment the passions or mental fixations of another type than the your. Actully, you can experiment every.

But hte thing is that their is one idea, impression, way to solve information that you spontaneously use, especially when yu are entranced. 4s, for example don't just experiment depression, they feel loss of love as the fundamental basis of their life, and the impression that a source of love has been lost and denied because of semthing wrong and lacking in their image is the truth, 6s on the other hand, don't just envisasge worst case scenario and are afraid, they consider negative past experiences, paranoia and doubt as the legitime source of information and hardly consider the best. This is I think the trifix is confusing, wirtually impossible to find and based on subjectives impressions.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

It can be integration or disintegration, yes, but I did'nt say that you can't move to an otther type. It's just that it is not really a "move" in the typical sense. It's just that we can experience the passion others types. For example, even if you are a 8, you can experiment depression because of the loss of a source of love, like 4s do, or to experiment fear because you envisage a worst case scenario, like 6s do. Enneagram is a map of the human condition, and the passions and mental fixations of each type form differents pieces of that map. That mean that as a human being, you can experiment the passions or mental fixations of another type than the your. Actully, you can experiment every.

But hte thing is that their is one idea, impression, way to solve information that you spontaneously use, especially when yu are entranced. 4s, for example don't just experiment depression, they feel loss of love as the fundamental basis of their life, and the impression that a source of love has been lost and denied because of semthing wrong and lacking in their image is the truth, 6s on the other hand, don't just envisasge worst case scenario and are afraid, they consider negative past experiences, paranoia and doubt as the legitime source of information and hardly consider the best. This is I think the trifix is confusing, wirtually impossible to find and based on subjectives impressions.
    The move towards integration or disintegration is core to enneagram theory. It isn't just a map of the human condition of each type. It includes what the architects consider to be a map of how each type fits into their perceptions of a well functioning society. This means there will need to be a standarisation of each type and how that type must move in order to fit into their model of a well-functioning society.

The above fails in that the human condition can't be categorised into solely individuals who fit into the 9 types. Maybe some fit into each mould. But there are many who will bridge types, whereby their bridging will require an amended version of how they choose to self-actualise to optimum health levels. Now how this fits into the enneagram model of a well-functioning society, I could honestly care less.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    So, back to titles, what would a 7-3-8 be? Supernova? What if the 3 was a 4?
    7-4-8: The Rocker?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

^I approve

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    7-4-8: The Rocker?
    rock is much more cp 6 than it is 7 or 8. I would say 6-9-4 would be the rocker
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire