• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most common enneatype of each MBTI Type

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my guesses are:
ISTJ: 1
ISFJ: 2
ESTJ: 1
ESFJ: 2
ESFP: 7
ESTP: 3
ISFP: 9
ISTP: 6
ENFJ: 2
INFJ: 6
INFP: 4
ENFP: 7
ENTP: 7
ENTJ: 8
INTJ: 5
INTP: 5

any thoughts?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd agree, well maybe not for INTJ maybe 8? I think the cerebral image isn't a 5 thing but an INT thing.

I can see INTJs 1s, 8s and 5s being fairly common. however, I may change INFJ's most common type to 5

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Hmmm... based on what I've read:

ESTJ - 1, 3, 6, 8
ISTJ - 1, 6
ESFJ - 1, 2, 3, 6
ISFJ - 1, 2, 6, 9
ESTP - 3, 7, 8
ISTP - 6, 7, 8
ESFP - 2, 3, 7
ISFP - 2, 4, 6, 7, 9
ENTP - 3, 6, 7
INTP - 5, 6
ENTJ - 1, 3, 8
INTJ - 1, 5, 6, 8
ENFJ - 1, 2, 3, 8?
ENFP - 3, 4, 7, 9
INFJ - 1, 4, 6, 9
INFP - 4, 5, 9

These are just the most common combinations, I gather. I've seen odd combinations, like INTJ 4s, ESFP 6s, ESFP 9s, etc.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm... based on what I've read:

ESTJ - 1, 3, 6, 8
ISTJ - 1, 6
ESFJ - 1, 2, 3, 6
ISFJ - 1, 2, 6, 9
ESTP - 3, 7, 8
ISTP - 6, 7, 8
ESFP - 2, 3, 7
ISFP - 2, 4, 6, 7, 9
ENTP - 3, 6, 7
INTP - 5, 6
ENTJ - 1, 3, 8
INTJ - 1, 5, 6, 8
ENFJ - 1, 2, 3, 8?
ENFP - 3, 4, 7, 9
INFJ - 1, 4, 6, 9
INFP - 4, 5, 9

These are just the most common combinations, I gather. I've seen odd combinations, like INTJ 4s, ESFP 6s, ESFP 9s, etc.

I like this. I'd also add that I've witnessed quite a few INFJ 2's, INFP 6's, ISTJ and ISTP 5's.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I like this. I'd also add that I've witnessed quite a few INFJ 2's, INFP 6's, ISTJ and ISTP 5's.

Yes, like I said, I just listed the most common combinations. :yes: ISTx Fives, I think, tend to have a Six wing, while the INTxs are more evenly distributed. (Examples: INTJ 5w4 = Stanley Kubrick; INTJ 5w6 = Stephen Hawking; INTP 5w4 = Albert Einstein; INTP 5w6 = Randall Munroe? :thinking:)

As a side note, George Orwell was likely an INFP 6w5; I think that's the kind of INFP that delves the most in politics.

Random Ness

How about top 2? What about this list?

ISTJ: 1, 5
ISFJ: 6, 9
ESTJ:
ESFJ:

ISTP: 5
ISFP:
ESTP: 7, 8
ESFP: 7

INTJ: 5
INTP: 5, 9
ENTJ: 3, 8
ENTP: 3, 7

INFJ: 4
INFP: 4, 9
ENFJ: 2
ENFP: 7

KDude

Top 2.. :thinking:

ESTJ-6,8
ENTJ-3,8
ESFJ-2,6
ENFJ-3,4
ESTP-3,7
ESFP-3,7
ENFP-4,7
ENTP-5,7
ISTJ-1,6
ISFJ-2,6
INTJ-5,6
INFJ-1,4
ISTP-5,6
INTP-5,6
ISFP-6,9
INFP-4,9

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really to me(temperament wise), 9 generally sounds IP(passive and easygoing) and 7 sounds EP(enthusiastic, restless, exploratory), 9 also seems to relate to the behind the scenes interaction style and 7 to the get things going interaction style,(chart the course seems 1 or 6, take charge is definitely 8).

ISTJ: 1, 5, 6
ISFJ: 2, 6, 1
ESTJ: 8, 1, 3
ESFJ: 2, 3, 6
ESFP: 7, 3
ESTP: 3, 7, 8
ISFP: 9, 4, 6
ISTP: 5, 6, 7, 9
ENFJ: 2, 3, 1
INFJ: 1, 2, 6
INFP: 4, 6, 9
ENFP: 7, 4, 3
ENTP: 7, 5, 3
ENTJ: 8, 3
INTJ: 1, 5, 6
INTP: 5, 9, 6

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
top 3 in order I would say
ISTJ: 1, 6, 5
ESTJ: 1, 6, 3 (SJ 8 seems like a vividly unlikely contraction to me, since Si places value in compliance to rules and 8 is all about breaking free from rules, constraints and obligations)
ESFJ: 2, 6, 3
ISFJ: 2, 6, 1
ESFP: 7, 3, 2 (probably a fair amount of 6s)
ISFP: 9, 4, 6 (probably a fair amount of 7s)
ESTP: 3, 8, 7
ISTP: 6, 5, 8 (probably a fair amount of 7s)
ENFP: 7, 4, 3 (I can easily picture an ENFP of every enneatype)
INFP: 4, 9, 5 (probably a fair amount of 1s and 6s)
ENFJ: 2, 1, 3 (probably a few 4s and 8s)
INFJ: 4, 5, 6 (probably a fair amount of 1s and 2s)
ENTP: 7, 3, 8
INTP: 5, 4, 6
ENTJ: 8, 3, 7
INTJ: 5, 8, 1

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Is Six the most evenly distributed Enneatype, or is it just me? I think I've seen examples of pretty much every type from it... :thinking:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is Six the most evenly distributed Enneatype, or is it just me? I think I've seen examples of pretty much every type from it... :thinking:

One of those enneagram books I read says that 6 correlates with all types. There are so many manifestations of type 6. There's phobic 6 and counterphobic 6. The MBTI types leaning more towards phobic are different than those who are more counterphobic. Then there's the subtypes of 6. They seem more distinct somehow. The SP 6, SO 6, and SX 6 all seem quite different from each other. So its not surprising that there is so much variation in MBTI type among 6's.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of those enneagram books I read says that 6 correlates with all types. There are so many manifestations of type 6. There's phobic 6 and counterphobic 6. The MBTI types leaning more towards phobic are different than those who are more counterphobic. Then there's the subtypes of 6. They seem more distinct somehow. The SP 6, SO 6, and SX 6 all seem quite different from each other. So its not surprising that there is so much variation in MBTI type among 6's.

And because of that...it's rather amusing that so few people seem willing to identify themselves as 6 (certainly on this forum, though that seems to be changing a bit.) I think there's a perception of it as a "cowardly" or "not nice" e-type. I've even seen it said on this forum that 6 isn't a real type and doesn't really exist...it's just an unhealthy manifestation of another type. :huh:

I think it can be cool. ;)

Mind you, I've had a harder time figuring out my e-type. I still think sometimes that I may be 9, though I'm unlikely to be any other type besides one of those two. I have had 2 a few times in tests, but it's really not me. I think it's because I have strong Fe and my life/social surroundings encourage me to do the friendly helpful going-towards-people thing.

Random Ness

Phobic 6s seem like 4s and counterphobic 6s seem like 8s, making it even harder to realize you're a 6.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Phobic 6s seem like 4s and counterphobic 6s seem like 8s, making it even harder to realize you're a 6.

I'm somewhat 4-ish...at first I thought I had to be 4 because I'm INFJ...apparently a lot of people make that mistake! But 6 made a lot more sense for me. I relate to 9 in some ways but I do think I'm probably 6. Also aspects of 5 and 1, and slightly 2. 3 and 8, not at all. 7, when I'm feeling excited, adventurous and counterphobic. ;)
But I'm definitely a phobic 6 if I am 6.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
There's also the fact that a lot of Enneagram profiles attach the Six type to such inspiring, beloved role models such as Richard Nixon, Adolf Hitler, Jerry Falwell, John Hinckley, Jr. and Joseph McCarthy.

Who wouldn't want to share their inner core with Tricky Dick? :doh:

And yes, I've ranted about this before. Sorry, it just bugs me. :dry:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm somewhat 4-ish...at first I thought I had to be 4 because I'm INFJ...apparently a lot of people make that mistake! But 6 made a lot more sense for me. I relate to 9 in some ways but I do think I'm probably 6. Also aspects of 5 and 1, and slightly 2. 3 and 8, not at all. 7, when I'm feeling excited, adventurous and counterphobic. ;)

Do you identify with and strongly defend a group such as your family? Do you identify people according to their "tribal affiliations," so to speak? The type 6, whether phobic or counterphobic, is going to have some trait in common, basically clannishness.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you identify with and strongly defend a group such as your family? Do you identify people according to their "tribal affiliations," so to speak? The type 6, whether phobic or counterphobic, is going to have some trait in common, basically clannishness.

Yeah...that does apply to me, in a lot of ways.

I think I'm just too wound up to be a 9. I am a weird combination of laid-back and wound up. I have repeatedly been told how laid-back and calm I seem and that I have a calming effect on others. And I actually am pretty laid-back and easygoing about a lot of things. But...I worry quite a lot and can get very anxious; I am anxious about how others see me and feel about me; and I can be preserving a calm appearance while being nauseous and exhausted due to emotional stress. I also obsess about things and can become paranoid.

On the bright side, I'm a very loyal friend. :) Sometimes too loyal if anything, I think...

It does seem quite INFJ/e-type 6 to me. I'm not sure about my instinctual variant stacking though. I think I'm 6w5 though I have read 6w7 descriptions that I identify with a good deal, too.

G

Glycerine

This convinces me even more that I am not a 6. I don't really see myself as an "individualist" and I am way too avoidant to be similar to be a 8.

1- J's
2-EFJ's
3-EJs
4- INF
5-INT
8- all
7-EPs
8s-ETJs, ENFP
9- I's

that's my guess.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Oh weird, bro. That makes so much sense. Especially since 6s can go through both phobic and counterphobic phases, even though they may lean more frequently to one side than the other.

I think 6w5 is more common for phobic 6s, and 6w7 for the counterphobics (like I supposedly am).

So did you think you were 4w5? I thought I was 4w3 because apparently it's commonly confused with 6w7.

Sometimes I'm still not sure if I'm a 4 or a 6.

People have told me that I had such a hard time with my introversion/extroversion because of being a 4...that an ENFP 4 might easily confuse themselves with an INFx.