• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most common enneatype of each MBTI Type

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Yeah...that does apply to me, in a lot of ways.

I think I'm just too wound up to be a 9. I am a weird combination of laid-back and wound up. I have repeatedly been told how laid-back and calm I seem and that I have a calming effect on others. And I actually am pretty laid-back and easygoing about a lot of things. But...I worry quite a lot and can get very anxious; I am anxious about how others see me and feel about me; and I can be preserving a calm appearance while being nauseous and exhausted due to emotional stress. I also obsess about things and can become paranoid.

On the bright side, I'm a very loyal friend. :) Sometimes too loyal if anything, I think...

It does seem quite INFJ/e-type 6 to me. I'm not sure about my instinctual variant stacking though. I think I'm 6w5 though I have read 6w7 descriptions that I identify with a good deal, too.

I can relate, to an extent... I used to think I was a 5w4, since I'm kinda reclusive, but people's opinions on my E-type range from 2w1 to 1w9 to 9w1 to 6w5... :thinking: People do think I've got both 6 and 9 in my tritype - maybe that's the case for you too?

Also, I think Six profiles also set off people because they describe Sixes as "fundamentally insecure", and healthy people are supposed to be secure... A lot of 6/1 and 6/8 distintion profiles boil down to "6s are the wimpy ones". Bluh. :dry:

G

Glycerine

Oh weird, bro. That makes so much sense. Especially since 6s can go through both phobic and counterphobic phases, even though they may lean more frequently to one side than the other.

I think 6w5 is more common for phobic 6s, and 6w7 for the counterphobics (like I supposedly am).

So did you think you were 4w5? I thought I was 4w3 because apparently it's commonly confused with 6w7.

Sometimes I'm still not sure if I'm a 4 or a 6.

People have told me that I had such a hard time with my introversion/extroversion because of being a 4...that an ENFP 4 might easily confuse themselves with an INFx.
FWIW, I could buy 6w7 for you because you have more of a fun seeking side while most 4's I have seen are more serious esp. 4w5.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Phobic 6s seem like 4s and counterphobic 6s seem like 8s, making it even harder to realize you're a 6.

the similarities between counter phobic 6s and superficial at best
the biggest differences I can see are

counterphobic 6:
neurotic
reactive
tries to be aggressive and combative
courageous
takes things personally
"daredevil"

8s
stable
responds when they feel like it
tries to tone down self
fearless
takes almost nothing personally
conqueror

under stress: 6s get more emotional, more reactive, more clique-ish and more outwardly aggressive. 8s get less emotional (in extreme instances bordering on sociopathy and anti social personality disorder), more calculating, more outwardly calm.

the only time they really are similar is when both are extremely healthy. healthy counter phobic 6s gain real confidence, tranquility and self love. healthy 8s gain caring, protectiveness, tolerance.
compare healthy counterphobic 6 chuck norris with healthy 8 michael douglas

Edit: both cp 6s and 8s can exhibit controlling behaviors, but for vastly different reasons. cp 6s control others to make themselves feel better, stronger and more valuable. 8s (who when healthy DESPISE people who are controlling more than anything in the world) control people as a means to an end. unhealthy have no problem completely disregarding other's interests if they feel forced to choose between other's benefit vs their own. here's an example

8: you promised you'd get this done, what happened?
other person: I didn't feel like it.
8: okay, so do it now
OP: you didn't ask nicely
8: I wasn't asking
OP: then why should I do it?
8: because you promised you'd do it and I can't afford to wait any longer
OP: I can do what I want
8: not if it means breaking a promise to me. I always get what I want
OP: I'm not doing it until you apologize and show some respect for my feelings
8: I don't give a damn about your feelings. you are going to get this done if I have to tie your hands and beat you with a whip until you finish

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
FWIW, I could buy 6w7 for you because you have more of a fun seeking side while most 4's I have seen are more serious esp. 4w5.

Yeah I do seek fun, that's true. I can get carried away with "a ha ha this is so funny this would be great!" and others are like, "no that might hurt people."

That's why I'm definitely sure I'm ENFP (well that and other things). I'm such an Ne dom. Sometimes (though rarely) my Fi isn't even functioning, and INFPs, ENFJs, and INFJs have to stop me. :cheese:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This convinces me even more that I am not a 6. I don't really see myself as an "individualist" and I am way too avoidant to be similar to be a 8.

1- J's
2-EFJ's
3-EJs
4- INF
5-INT
8- all
7-EPs
8s-ETJs, ENFP
9- I's

that's my guess.

this is a pretty good list :yes: (I'm assuming you meant 6 for all as you listed 6 twice) I would make a few changes though

1- Js, some INFPs
2- FJs, some FPs
3- Es
4- IFs, ENFP
5- ITs, some ENTs
6- all (less NTs)
7- EPs, ISPs
8- ENTs, ESTPs, INTJs, a few ENFPs
9- IPs, a few EFPs

Random Ness

This convinces me even more that I am not a 6. I don't really see myself as an "individualist" and I am way too avoidant to be similar to be a 8.

Not the motivations. I don't relate to 4s at all. But, phobic 6s LOOK like 4s because we're stormy and obsessive about negative things like 4s. On enneagram tests, I always get 6 and 4 as my top results.

Random Ness

both cp 6s and 8s can exhibit controlling behaviors, but for vastly different reasons.

That's the point. I didn't make this stuff up, enneagram authors say counterphobic 6s look like 8s from a distance and phobic 6s look like 4s from a distance.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh weird, bro. That makes so much sense. Especially since 6s can go through both phobic and counterphobic phases, even though they may lean more frequently to one side than the other.

There's also two different sort of 4s. There's depressives 4s who resign to long period of withdrawing where their attention is fixed on what they lack and on their melancholy, and combatives 4s who are openly led by their envy in an assertive way. Most part of 4 alternate between the both.

I think 6w5 is more common for phobic 6s, and 6w7 for the counterphobics (like I supposedly am).

I don't see that, it seems to me that the wing does'nt matter in the phobic/counterphobic thing. Also you said on an other thread that you guessed 6w7 are more left-wing than 6w5, but I don't really see that... Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter are 6w7s after all (Sp/So and Sx/So respectively) and there's also 6w7s who sympathise with libertarian and objectivist beliefs, like Joss Whedon or Angelina Jolie for example. On the other side, there's tons of 6w5 who are clearly left-wing, like Spike Lee, Robert Redford, or Tupac, as well as provocative anti-system like Charles Bukowski. So, I'm not sure. What do you think about this seeing that list? http://pastebin.com/gsAhzZqW

Random Ness

After consulting with personalitycafe (useful type-specific subforums), the list of the type correlations I know FOR SURE is this:

ISTJ: 1, 5
ISFJ:
ESTJ:
ESFJ:

ISTP: 5
ISFP: 4, 9
ESTP: 7, 8
ESFP: 7

INTJ: 1, 5
INTP: 5, 9
ENTJ: 8
ENTP: 7

INFJ: 4
INFP: 4, 9
ENFJ: 2
ENFP: 7

I'll keep checking the personalitycafe threads for further information.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

So did you think you were 4w5? I thought I was 4w3 because apparently it's commonly confused with 6w7.

I would have thought 4w5, yes. I don't relate at all to 3, so that would be less likely. But I figured out fairly quickly that I wasn't a 4. I relate to the appreciating beauty and art sort of stuff, but not to the aspect of desiring to feel special and different - in fact, at this point in my life, if I feel special and different it tends to have more of an isolating/lonely effect on me.

I think I really just thought 4 was likely because I'm INFJ. One of my best friends is a textbook e4 and I can see the differences between her and me in that regard. Not sure yet about her MBTI type, though.

If I am a 6, I think 6w5 is more likely, and it makes more sense in terms of being sure that I'm primarily phobic rather than counterphobic. However, I have read descriptions of both 6w5 and 6w7 that I identified with very much, and I am a pretty gregarious outgoing INFJ, though there's no question I get my energy from introversion. Maybe I'm a 6 with fairly balanced wings, though I know one wing is always supposed to dominate...

I can relate, to an extent... I used to think I was a 5w4, since I'm kinda reclusive, but people's opinions on my E-type range from 2w1 to 1w9 to 9w1 to 6w5... :thinking: People do think I've got both 6 and 9 in my tritype - maybe that's the case for you too?

Also, I think Six profiles also set off people because they describe Sixes as "fundamentally insecure", and healthy people are supposed to be secure... A lot of 6/1 and 6/8 distintion profiles boil down to "6s are the wimpy ones". Bluh. :dry:

I think 3/6/9 are supposed to be connected, aren't they? Is that the tritype thing? (don't know much about that.) That would make sense.

I admit that the "fundamentally insecure" and "healthy" things seem contradictory, or seem to imply that a 6 could never be "healthy." It's weird though. Quite honestly, I do feel that I am fundamentally insecure. But I also feel - as much as I am aware of areas where I'm kinda screwed up - that I am fundamentally healthy. I feel both those things about myself, and I don't feel that they contradict each other.

PsilentKnight

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
When sober, I'm definitely a 6w5. However, as my blood-alcohol content goes up, the more I start getting w7 tendencies. I don't drink often, but most people, especially close friends, tell me that I'm a lot more relaxed, outgoing, and even goofier than normal after I've had a few glasses of good whiskey.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I admit that the "fundamentally insecure" and "healthy" things seem contradictory, or seem to imply that a 6 could never be "healthy." It's weird though. Quite honestly, I do feel that I am fundamentally insecure. But I also feel - as much as I am aware of areas where I'm kinda screwed up - that I am fundamentally healthy. I feel both those things about myself, and I don't feel that they contradict each other.

i think the enneagram institute describes healthy 6 as a troubleshooter... someone who can see issues as they arise and deal with them accordingly. like, moving from insecurity into hyperawareness... to move from feeling the need to protect themself to being confident in the self-knowledge that they can protect when they need to, but do not always have to, to be okay. i mean, life is insecure, really. it changes all the time. so you can be in a state of insecurity simply in line with life. and you could still be healthy... it'd just be when the insecurity prevents you from doing the things you want to do and living the kind of life you want to live that it would be an unhealthy state.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
There's actually a graphic with these types, on an older thread.

A

A window to the soul

Here's an interesting study...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Correlation Data Between MBTI and Enneagram Typologies by Tom Flautt and John Richards
A research study was undertaken using members of the APT. This group was chosen because it was thought they had a good understanding of their own MBTI type. An instrument for sorting Enneatypes developed by John Richards was sent to over 1500 people in response to our article in the Bulletin of Psychological Type. The results here represent responses from 964 people. The correlation of MBTI and Enneagram types was measured using a SRTT program developed by CAPT. This program calculates selection ratios (I) and identifies those which are statistically significant. A summary of the correlation data is presented below. [source: breakoutofthebox.com]
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ENNEAGRAM		# in 	Associated MBTI Types (I) 	Associated Preferences &
TYPE		Group	I > 1 and p £ .05 		Temperaments
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1-Perfectionist	125	ISTJ(3.2), ESTJ(2.6)	I, S, T, J, SJ

2-Helper		252	ESFJ(2.8), ENFJ(2.7), 
			ISFP(1.8), ESFP(1.8), 
			ENFP(1.6), ISFJ(1.5)	E, F

3-Performer	42	ENTJ (3.2), ENTP (3.2)	E, T, NT

4-Individualist	57	INFP(5.1), INFJ(2.9)	I, N, F, P, NF

5-Thinker		152	INTP(4.3), INTJ(3.7), 
			ISTP(3.5), ISTJ(1.8) 	I, N, T, NT

6-Loyalist	19	ISFJ(6.1), ISTJ(1.8) 	I, S, J, SJ

7-Enthusiast	53	ESTP(4.6), ENTP(4.6), 
			ENFP(3.1), ESFP(2.8)	E, N, P

8-Leader		62	ESTJ(5.5), ENTJ(4.1)	E, T, J

9-Mediator	33	ISFP(9.1), INFP(3.8)	I, F, P, SP

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think the enneagram institute describes healthy 6 as a troubleshooter... someone who can see issues as they arise and deal with them accordingly. like, moving from insecurity into hyperawareness... to move from feeling the need to protect themself to being confident in the self-knowledge that they can protect when they need to, but do not always have to, to be okay. i mean, life is insecure, really. it changes all the time. so you can be in a state of insecurity simply in line with life. and you could still be healthy... it'd just be when the insecurity prevents you from doing the things you want to do and living the kind of life you want to live that it would be an unhealthy state.

Yeah! That makes sense. I mean, insecurity does get in my way sometimes. I know it does. But I'm aware of it, I'm aware of what I need to work on for the most part, I think. So I don't see it as the kind of thing that makes me fundamentally unhealthy...after all, everyone has insecurities...

Random Ness

Judging from combined polls on typologycentral and personalitycafe:

ISTJ: 1 & 5 > 6
ISTP: 5
ENTP: 7
INTJ: 5
INTP: 5
ENFJ: 2
ENFP: 2 & 4 & 9
INFJ: 4 > 1
INFP: 4 > 9 > 5 > 6 & 2

Judging from combined surveys of two studies:

ESTJ: 8 > 1 & 3
ESFJ: 2 > 3 & 6
ISTJ: 1 > 5
ISFJ: 1 > 2 & 9 > 3 & 6

ESTP: 7 > 3
ESFP: 7 > 2
ISTP: 9 > 5
ISFP: 9 > 2

ENTJ: 8 > 1 & 3
ENTP: 3 & 8
INTJ: 5 > 1
INTP: 5 > 6

ENFJ: 2 > 1 & 3
ENFP: 7 > 2
INFJ: 4 > 1
INFP: 9 > 4

Random Ness

Final update! I get the following list from comparing all the polls on typologycentral and personalitycafe to the empirical and graph-result studies on this site: http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/typecorr.htm No amount of arguing will convince me that the types or type order is different unless you show me polls and studies from MORE sites.

ESTJ: 8 > 1 & 3
ESFJ: 2 > 3 & 6
ISTJ: 1 > 5 > 6
ISFJ: 1 & 2 & 3 & 6 & 9

ESTP: 7 > 3
ESFP: 7 > 2
ISTP: 5 > 7 & 9
ISFP: 2 & 4 & 9

ENTJ: 8 > 1 & 3 & 6
ENTP: 7 > 3 > 8
INTJ: 5 > 1 > 8
INTP: 5 > 9 > 6